1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Frame Data: Hitting on Different Active Frames

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Green_Tea, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm not sure what the issue is here? The explanation does not apply to the recovery differences when a move whiffs, is guarded or is hit.

If you examine a single move and look at the differences between it's guard, hit, counter hit properties then you'll find no logic whatsoever. These numbers are the way they are because AM2 designed them so.

The n-1 explanation only describes the offset to recovery induced by contacting on later active frames. The explanation is valid because it has been proven. The key to it all is that guard and hit stun for all moves are fixed numbers.

The Frames Guide provides a detailed example under the section I previously mentioned.

2. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

When both players are standing the full 9 active frames cannot be utilised to take 9 off of the disadvantage (so, you cannot go from the regular -12 to being -3). I think this is because Sarah's move just travels so far forward.

I think the best that can be done is used it at max range and it will hit on 8th active frame and you will be -11. This is pretty key as Sarah can then [9][K] again for a juggle combo if the opponent opts for throw punishment ([9][K] is classed as airborne on the 1st start-up frame).

I believe that it may be possible to hit with the last active frame of [9][K] if the opponent is rising from a knockdown though (really meaty hit).

I don't know why Sarah's [9][K] is like that really but I messed around with that move quite a bit when I used to play and I could only ever get it to be -11 or there abouts by using max range.

A better example of this last active frame business is the generic [3][K] sidekick-type moves which are usually -6 on block and can be made to be -5 fairly easily with the correct range - allowing you to use regular fuzzy as opposed to crouch dash fuzzying.

3. Cnul

Cnul Well-Known Member

Here Sega explain this too with some image
    http://www.virtuafighter.jp/dk_45.html

The example is from VF5R so the command list is not the same now

I quote for the lazy guys ^^;;

具体例を挙ã’ã¦ã„ãã¾ã™ã€‚ウルフã®ã‚¯ã‚¤ãƒƒã‚¯ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ«ãƒ€ãƒ¼ï¼ˆï¼‰ã¨ã„ã†æŠ€ãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚ã“ã®æŠ€ã¯ã€æ”»æ’ƒç™ºç”ŸãŒ16フレームã®æŠ€ã§ã™ã€‚

[​IMG]

攻撃発生ã®ãƒ•ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒ è‡ªä½“ãŒå¤‰ã‚ã£ã¦ã„ãªãã¦ã‚‚当ãŸã‚‹ãƒ•ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒ ãŒå¤‰ã‚ã‚‹ã¨æ„Ÿã˜ã‚‹åŽŸå› ã«ã€ 技ã®æ”»æ’ƒãŒæŒç¶šã™ã‚‹ãƒ•ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒ ã®å­˜åœ¨ãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

ã“ã®æŠ€ã«é–¢ã—ã¦è¨€ã†ã¨ã€ä»¥ä¸‹ã®ã‚ˆã†ã«ãªã£ã¦ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚

技ã®æ”»æ’ƒç™ºç”Ÿãƒ•ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒ :16フレーム
    技ã®æ”»æ’ƒçµ‚了フレーム:21フレーム

技ã®16フレーム目ã«æ”»æ’ƒãŒãƒ’ットã™ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã‚‚ã‚ã‚Šã¾ã™ã—ã€20フレーム目ã§ãƒ’ットã™ã‚‹ã“21フレーム目ã«ã¯æ”»æ’ƒãŒçµ‚了ã—ã¦ã„ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã«ãªã‚Šã¾ã™)。

ã¾ãŸã“ã®ã¨ãã€æŠ€ãŒå½“ãŸã£ãŸã¨ãã®ç›¸æ‰‹ã®ç¡¬åŒ–時間ã¯ä¸€å®šãªã®ã§ã€æ”»æ’ƒç™ºç”Ÿã—ã¦ã„るフレームã®ã†ã¡ã€é…ã‚ã®ãƒ•ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒ ã§å½“ãŸã‚Œã°ã€ãã®ã¶ã‚“技後ã®ãƒ•ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒ å·®ã‚‚攻撃å´ã«æœ‰åˆ©ã«ãªã‚‹ã¨ã„ã†ç‚¹ã«ã‚‚注目ã§ã™ã€‚

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

http://youtu.be/mWD2Is9F3fw

An example that was brought up above, showing Sarah's 9K as early and as late as possible. The frame data display in FS makes active frames very easy to understand.

5. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    I have question about the frames on throws. I heard that in FS there are no 0 frame throws. I know in vanilla a throw would turn into 0 frames if it was guaranteed(-15 or up) Also in vanilla if an opponent was standing idle the throw would sometimes turn into 0 frames. This was to deter people from just standing still and looking for throw escapes.

So why are there no 0 frame throws in FS? It seemed like the applications of 0 frame throws were practical.