1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Frame Guide for Evo Akira's SgPlm->DE

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Kikimaru, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Hi guys, I'm just trying to get my head around Akira.
    I find the knee to be easy enough to pull off (~50% -- easier IMO than Heihachi's EWGF in Tekken 5)
    But I don't understand how to do his
    [2_][6]+[P](guard or hit)[P]
    It says execution is 0 frames, so how quickly, and when exactly do I need to tap [P] after executing the SgPlm? It's really frustrating! /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Any help appreciated

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    AFAIK 17 with tolerance +-1. Maybe 16 +-1.

3. Kikimaru

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    [ QUOTE ]
    Unicorn said:

AFAIK 17 with tolerance +-1. Maybe 16 +-1.

[/ QUOTE ]
    If I read that right, I have to input [P] ~1 frame after the SgPlm executes -- so it's just a matter of hitting [P]->[P] really quickly /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    You will do [2_][6]+[P], then about 17 frmes pause and again [P]. Tolerance is +-1 frame difference from ideal timing

5. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Hit [P] as soon as single palm connects. The timing will vary depending on distance. You can synch yourself with Akira's grunts as he executes single palm to help.

6. Kikimaru

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Thanks guys -- I still can't get the timing quite right, but at least I now know what I'm doing wrong! ^_^

7. ALi_king_ryu

ALi_king_ryu Member

HELLO to all you akira fans - i cant put my finger on the trigger for that " knee " skill for akira i just knt do it and its getting on my nerves ive done it a couple of times in command training but i wana no how to do it proply plz help mee n_n

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    AKN and AKD

EEK! You have a problem that baffles many a VFer - the mysterious Akira Knee!

Know this: until you start typing "can't" instead of "knt" and "know" when you mean to say "know" and don't mean to say "no" - well - there is little hope for Akira Knee Nirvana (AKN). AKN requires discipline. Your typing prowess and discipline reveal a propensity for unavoidable AKD (Akira Knee Despair).

This is not a chat room. You have time to make complete sentences with all the letters and punctuation accounted for. Don't diss Akira with less-than-stellar communication skills - he deserves all the effort you can muster. No matter how much you "proply plz mee" him, you only be met with a disapproving scowl.

Once you've thrown away that oh-so-unique rebel keyboard vomiting streak - Akira will give you an inkling of the satisfaction to be bestowed as you float toward the grandeur of AKN...

If you use a pad - do a search for the Kneepad Solution by MAXIMUS.

If you use a stick - well, you just have to practice the knee - a LOT. You can use the scrape method (scape the edge of [G] with your thumbnail), or the smash method (stiffen thumb and forefinger - then smash the buttons and lift your thumb away while holding [K]).

GD luk d00d!

9. ALi_king_ryu

ALi_king_ryu Member

Re: AKN and AKD

thank you man i am new around here and new to this website cheers for correcting my grammer

10. ALi_king_ryu

ALi_king_ryu Member

hey how about if you use a ps2 pad ? how do you achieve akira skill move the " knee " then ? cheers

11. akira_lee

akira_lee Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ALi_king_ryu said:

hey how about if you use a ps2 pad ? how do you achieve akira skill move the " knee " then ? cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd do it just like the stick. press [K]+[G] (thumb on [G] and middle finger on [K]), and the moment [K] is pressed and hold, slide the thumb out of [G].
    this should all happen in a second or so. hope that helps

ps: just to get the feeling, alternatively, you can swap the thumb with the 1st finger

12. Kikimaru

PSN:
    kikimaru024

[ QUOTE ]
    akira_lee said:

this should all happen in a second or so. hope that helps

[/ QUOTE ]
    Erm... more like 2/60ths of a second, no? /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    Actually, here's the best tip: get a stick. Screw pads.
    No, really. I hate pads (especially the PS2 one).

13. akira_lee

akira_lee Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Kikimaru said:
    Erm... more like 2/60ths of a second, no? /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    Actually, here's the best tip: get a stick. Screw pads.
    No, really. I hate pads (especially the PS2 one).

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i was never good with time or frames...when doing it, i'd always think of it as 1 movement instead of "K+G ,Gcancel"
    so yea i guess do it as fast as u could /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif