1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Free training settings question

Discussion in 'Console' started by catharsis, Apr 18, 2004.

1. catharsis

catharsis Well-Known Member

Is there any way to specify which counterattacks opponents will use in free training? For example, I'd like to practice TEGs and ETEGs to see if I have the timing down, so I want to set a Lau opponent to either [6][P],[P] or [3][3][P]+[G] or [6][P]+[G] after blocking.. can this be done?

2. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

your best bet is the challenege throw escape drills.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You can set the CPU to "Throw" after guard, and it will use a random throw against you. This is good for practicing multiple throw escapes (with or without evading, with or without a guard).

4. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Record these actions with Lau into slots 1, 2, and 3.

1. [3]+[K], evade, [6]+[P][P]
    2. [3]+[K], evade, [4][6]+[P]+[G]
    3. [3]+[K], evade, [3][3]+[P]+[G]

Then go to the play settings option at the bottom of the play menu and set the actions to 33%, 33%, 34%.

Block the sidekick, then do an elbow. The dummy should evade your elbow, and try to either do [6]+[P][P] or throw. So after you do the elbow you'll have to do EDTEG.

Make sure when you record the actions, make sure you don't do the elbow too fast after the evade, or he might get it garunteed after evadeing your elbow. Once you get them right you can save each one to a memory card for later use.