1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Friday night at Kani-spo...

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by uk-guy, Jan 18, 2002.

1. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Hi all

Just got back from a packed night at Kani-spo where I had the pleasure of witnessing some awesome players demostrate their exceptional VF ability.

This partucular night I witnessed maches featuring
    Chibita - Lion
    Segall - Wolf
    Edo - Lau
    Kurita (Taka champion who now plays an amazing Vanessa)
    Neotawah - Jacky
    GoriponV - (Gas Mask) Vanessa and 80% 10th Dan Akira
    Muscles Sarah - Err Sarah
    Dozens of Akira who can pull of Shrm - P - Shrm - DblPlm everytime.
    Tons of great Jackys.
    1 very good Aoi player
    A couple of devestating Shuns
    A couple of Great Jeffrys
    A couple of awesome Lei-Fei's
    1 good Pai player

The standard of play was very tehcnical, brutal, flash and everthing seemed to be played at lightspeed. I will post some comments soon.

Lastly the blue book is def not out, will be available in Feb. However there are a few version C VF4 books coming out on Jan 31st. There are also some great Hori 8 buttin joysticks available in Japan that are perfect for VF4. The official VF4 joysticks will feature only 3 buttons, but the Hori stick has a similar joystick of good quality and 8 good buttons (i.e. you can pull off Akira's knee on them consistently), so If anyone has plans on importing a joystick I:d advise on the Hori one if you also want to play Tekken\SF etc on your PS2.

Anyway laters for now, I think it's time to unleash the UK fury (Yeah right...)

Mo

2. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Hi All

I`ve seen ton`s of matches so here is some stuff:

Kage
    TFT - f,f - b+P - TT PKG - d+P+K,K
    b,f+K block stagger - TT P+K (floats) - P - d+P+K,K
    d+K, K cancel TFT (Skeleton does this and it`s effective!)
    Repeated JM d+K to hit techrollers, if it is blocked do JM P+K sabaki because the JM sweep is uncounterable. JM d+K (blocked) - JM P+K (Hold) MC - TFT
    TFT - d+P+K - b+P - P - f,f+P+K+G longest ring out combo for Kage
    FC, f+P - PPK connects EVERYTIME no counter needed, you have to hold forward for the punch and do the combo very fast. FC,f+P - P - d+P+K,K connects everytime against LWMW

Jeffry
    db+P+G - b+P - f,f+PP / u+P / d+P+G
    d+P+G - b,f+P+K - d+P - b,f+P+K - u+P

Wolf (mainly Saygall)
    b+P - HCB+PP
    PPf+P - d+P+K reversal
    b,f+P - d+P - d+K FC,f+P
    f+K or b,f+P+K against rising attacks consistently

Akira (Mucky and other 10th Dan Akira`s)
    Shrm - P - P - P - DblPlm
    Shrm - P - f,f+KK half bar
    b,d+P+G - FC,f+P (Wall Hit) - df+P+K (Wall Hit) - f,f+KK two thirds bar
    FC,f+P (wall hit) - SPOD
    db+P+G or b,df+P+G - DblPlm - df+K to stagger TR (one Akira did b,df+P+G - DbPm - df+K TR stagger - SDE - P - DLC)
    d+P+G - FC,f+P - DbPm
    b,d+P+G - FC,f+P - f,b+P+G...
    DE (MC) - ShRm - DbPm
    b,f+P - Knee - DbPm
    b,f+P - P - DbPm
    df+P+K - f,f+K - df+K TR stagger
    b,d+P+G - FC,f+P - DbPm (wall hit) - b,f,f+P+K
    Knee - P - df+P+K+G,f+P
    ShRm - P - ShRm - b,f+P+K
    ShRm - b,f+P - b,f+P+K
    d+P+G - FC,f+P - b,d+P+G - FC,f+P - DbPm
    SDE (MC) - yoho or ShRm - df+K TR stagger or AS3, df+P
    HCB+P - WALK towards opponents left shoulder side (NOT DODGE!) - b,f,f+P+K for maximum damage, over halfbar
    b,f+P+G (Wall Hit) - PK - b,f,f+P+K

Lau
    df,df+PP (block stun for opponent) - b,d+P+G - f+PP
    df+KP - uf+P MC low jab - Pb+Pf+P
    b+K+G f+K+G d+K+G to attack TR

Lion
    b,b+K - P+K - KK
    FC, f+P - P - b,f+P+K - f,f+KK
    FC,f+P - b,f+P+K - b,f+P+K - b,f+P+KPP
    d+K+G and f+K+G to attack TR
    f+K is used when Lion blocks stuff like circular sweeps (d+K+G)

I`ll post the Jacky and Lei Fei stuff up later.

Saygall won a tournament today, and I also got to see Skeletons ultra cheap VF4 Kage tactics, aswell as Muckys Lau, Edo`s Kage (DARK!) Kurita`s Wolf, Saygalls Pai and Vanessa and Hijetesu (Iron Elbow) Emperor Jacky. Oh and the emperor Lei Fei showed up too

eekozay! eekozay! eekozay!

3. Jeffahn

Jeffahn Well-Known Member

Yo Mo,

So how does that one good Pai player compare to my Pai? No, really, tell me the truth : ) (Maybe not).

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> [kage] FC, f+P

you mean FC,df+P, right?

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update! Some interesting stuff to try out next time I play VF4...

Maybe I should make a trip out to Japan some time in Feb/Mar as well... should be lots of fun! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

great stuff!

Anything on Pai?

7. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

The Pai player is 10th Dan...and female (very pretty!!)...very good Pai, amazing reflexes, damaging combos (FC, f+P (MC) P, PPKK (Wall Hit) u+P).

err...yes that should be FC,df+P. The FC,df+P combos require you to kind of 'buffer` the hold forward jab after slap has connected to get the combo follow-ups.

Okay here is a list of people I have seen play.
    Pai Girl (don't know her name): Funky 10th Dan Pai.
    Saygall: Emperor Wolf, 7th(?)Dan Vanessa, 8th(?) Dan Pai
    Mucky: Emperor Akira, 8th Dan Lau, 9th Dan (awesome!!) Kage
    Skeleton: 10th Dan Kage ('nuff said)
    Kurita: 10th Dan Vanessa, 8th(?) Wolf
    Neotawah: 10th Dan Jacky, awesome flashy stuff.
    Iron Elbow Jacky: Emperor Jacky, so skillfull it's not funny. He love to embarass people /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Muscles Sarah: 10th Dan Sarah, 8th Dan Akira, 7th(?) Dan Jeffry
    Bun Bun Maru: 10th Dan Wolf
    Chibita: Emperor Lion 7000+ wins and over 92% win rate.
    Edo: Emperor Lau, 8th Dan Kage (super solid)
    A white Emporor Lei Fei
    A 10th Dan Aoi player, this Guy gets Shrm - P - Shrm - DbPm by Akira all day long and still comes back to win the games, just goes to show that even if you come up against evil overpowered pig characters, nothing beats the old Yomi for wins.

Some stuff I've noticed:
    After Wolf has done b+P - HCB+PP if the opponenet tech rolls Wolf can low throw it.
    (Jacky)If the K in f+PPK connects you can do throw.
    (Lei Fei) If you knock someone down and they cannot TR, like after the uf+K+G - d+P - uf+K+G - df+K combo) if they roll backwards you can hit them with uf+K+G and do a combo.
    New Kage combos:
    TFT - d+P+K - b+P - f,d,df+P,K ( I discovered this one today by accident, works without wall hit).
    TFT - f,f, - b+P (connects in front of opponent) - TT P+K,K - f,d,df+P ( I saw this amazing 7th Da Kage player pull this off, The DP is avoindable with TR. Also he rang someone out over low wall with TFT - d+P+K - b+P,K then rung himself out of the ring with u+P+K)
    Note: To pull off TFT - b+P combos you have to dash when Kage is fully standing after the TFT. Do not do it too early or t

Sorry that's all I can remeber for the moment.

I challenged a mega powerful Akira (he can do all the best damage combos and stuff) and I won, which was nice. I also challenged Saygall today, he beat me 3 rounds to 1, but the round I did win was an Excellent, so I'm happy I went up against an Emperor and didn't embarass my self to much. When I was leaving west Shinjuku Sportsland arcade Saygall was on about a 36win streak against mega tough high Dan players.

Sadly I dropped from Sho-Dan to 1st Kyu /versus/images/icons/frown.gif, but I'm hopefull I'll reach my target of a 4th Dan Kage soon...

I'll post more when I can remeber (including some dark tactics with Lau, Lion, Akira, Lei-Fei and Wolf for all the UK monkeys (yes that's how I'm carrying on with my notebook and everything))

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Mo, thanks for sharing the info with us, it's really appreciated and I'm sure we're all looking forward to more! Really digging those new Kage TFT combos too!

p.s. Oh, and leave the school girls alone /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

9. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Friday night at KaniSpo is probably the coolest thing I've seen since I started playing VF. It's a VF'ers dream: tons of high level players, several cabinets, big streaks... awesome.

Mo, how long will you be in Japan? I'm going to be there in mid-march/april if you're still gonna be there for any reason.

Going down in rank sucks, huh? I managed to hold on to my 2nd Dan before leaving. At least you don't have to beat higher ranked players to get your Shodan back (although it sounds like you aren't having too much trouble).

Spotlite

10. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

I'm here for another 3 weeks (yeah!!)

There is plenty of Kage stuff I've noted down /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

I'm sorry the schoolgirls are just to cute /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Watched Kyasao versus Chibita today. Kyasao won 3-2 (hurrah!!)

I'm back upto Sho Dan, 2nd Dan here I come!...

11. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Kage stuff:
    TFT away from wall - f,f,b+P - TT PKG - b+K+G (Wall Hit) - f,f+K+G
    b,f+K block stun - TT P+K (floats stunned opponent) - P - d+P+K,K
    f,b+K block stun - f+P+K (floats stunned opponent) - P - d+P+K,K
    df+P - P - P - d+P+K,K if opponent Tech Rolls do TT P+G
    TFT - Knee - P - P - f+K+G - d+K - df+K or HCF+K to hit TR
    Do d+P+K+G from distance, when opponent tried to attack do JM side roll, crouch dash TFT
    If Kage's df+P+G is throw escaped you can do d+P (MC) TFT
    f+P+G - d+P or d+P+K - TFT
    TFT - d+P+K - P - P - f,f+K+G, very far ringout distance
    TFT - d+P+K - P - P - FC,f+K
    TFT - d+P+K - b+P or db+P or d+P+K - f,d,df+P,K
    d or u P+K+G or df+K stagger - PPb+P - Knee (Will interupt majority of opponents counter attack attempts for possible MC) - f,d,df+P
    f+P+G - FC,f+K - d+P - ub+K+G (Wow halfbar versus LW!)

that's all I can remember 4 the moment

eekozay! eekozay! eekozay!

12. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Where exactly is this Kani-spo place? In Tokyo?

13. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Mo, this is a completely awesome thread... keep the notes coming as you remember stuff.
    Some of those Kage combos are evil... I shudder to think what will happen to Myke's opponents... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Have you seen anything new from the Sarah players?

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Christ Yupa
    Stop scaring me...I have to face him this entire weekend!!!!!

15. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Hah! I'm just looking at some of those combos and saying to myself "yeah, that's doable..." but if I ever saw them in person my jaw would be on the floor... I know how Myke can intigrate new techniques like these quickly into his game... like I said... I pity his opponents... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

16. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

http://www.st.rim.or.jp/~k-nishi/tgm/index.html index of all VF4 machines.
    http://www.joy.hi-ho.ne.jp/d13492/moviecd.htm

CD available for 1,500 Yen. Featuring VF4 Tournamants in Japan
    If I can mail you a check today in US, please bring this home or mail to me.
    Many of the players you have mentioned are featured here.
    School Girls note: A Shukan Taishu survey of 50 teen-age girls in Tokyo found that only one had yet to lose her virginity, and that was probably only because she was a second year junior high school student. 1.24.02<>Other organizations can back the magazine's theories about young ladies' loose legs( Japan Sex Education Association). The recent survey found that 28 percent of high schoolgirls had been through at least two sex partners, 15 percent three or more and a whopping 12 percent more than half a dozen. fyi./versus/images/icons/smile.gif

17. [PKG]

[PKG] Active Member

"I'm sorry the schoolgirls are just to cute"

Erm... Mo... your starting to scare me!!

Share, don't scare...

hehe

18. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Hmmm is that what he was doing to me?!?! Damn guard break and TFT! ( I have yet to throw escape freakin TFT grrr! )

Good luck Summers... Myke is easily distracted by good looking girls.. so have a few strategically placed around the arcade to throw him off his game.

19. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Chopping Myke

aiya
    SO EASY
    There was the girl in a cute skimpy pink dress....
    Back with a whole new report soon hahaha~

20. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Sarah? Muscles 10th Dan Sarah is way cool he does stuff like Sabaki flamingo intiation into d+K hit throw EVERYTIME

Combos

Versus low rising kick: u+K - P - b+K - ub+K...ouch! lots of damage for guessing a low rising kick
    Normal: db+K - df+PK - P - db+K or P - b+K+G (I think) - df+K...no one does df+PK into flipkick anymore because it does not do enough damage.

If opponent TR Sarah players go into flamingo then flipkick for MC or do the multi-kick throw if they anticipate the dodge from TR

Players use P+G alot because not alot of people reverse it

ack! I'm sorry I just don't pay attention when Sarah is playing that much, I'll try harder next time. I will be putting up a MASSIVE Akira post soon (especially for Jason) based on Mucky's Emperor Akira...I challenged him and got blown up!

I got challenged by Saygalls 10th Dan Pai and won, which was nice /versus/images/icons/wink.gif...now where did Chibita go...