Front-Backstaggering ?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Ealsen, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

I have a question that might have been mentioned in older threads but I can't find it.
    I noticed that while I was fighting, I managed to backstaggered my opponent while he is fighting face to face with me.
    I was wondering what sort of condition that would make them backstaggered in that way ?

Thanks in advance.

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Certain attacks deliberately turn you around.

Ie:
    Lion's "bb++K"
    Lau's "bb+P"

A major counter when back turned will back stagger.
    So you did a backstagger because you interupted the above moves.

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=29519&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1> i wrote an explaination for back staggers in this thread</a>

3. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

But I noticed that there is sometimes no struggling (moving joystick) involved if you get a "frontal" backstagger.
    It seems like the opponent cannot go anything about it.

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

That might be due to the Major Counter stagger condition.

If they were hit by a stagger move then they'd be able to struggle: ie:

Lei's "ff+K"
    Jacky's "ff+K"

So a Major Counter with a mid attack when BT cause a non-strugglable stagger.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

did the opponent end up facing backwards? Some moves stun the opponent and turn them around, like shun's stance b+P chop or jeffry's f,b+P.

Or are you saying they were stumbling towards you, just like a normal stagger but instead of moving away, they move closer? Remember who you were playing?

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

you may have interrupted a turn-away attack of his...