1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Front-Backstaggering ?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Ealsen, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

I have a question that might have been mentioned in older threads but I can't find it.
    I noticed that while I was fighting, I managed to backstaggered my opponent while he is fighting face to face with me.
    I was wondering what sort of condition that would make them backstaggered in that way ?

Thanks in advance.

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Certain attacks deliberately turn you around.

Ie:
    Lion's "bb++K"
    Lau's "bb+P"

A major counter when back turned will back stagger.
    So you did a backstagger because you interupted the above moves.

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=29519&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1> i wrote an explaination for back staggers in this thread</a>

3. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

But I noticed that there is sometimes no struggling (moving joystick) involved if you get a "frontal" backstagger.
    It seems like the opponent cannot go anything about it.

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

That might be due to the Major Counter stagger condition.

If they were hit by a stagger move then they'd be able to struggle: ie:

Lei's "ff+K"
    Jacky's "ff+K"

So a Major Counter with a mid attack when BT cause a non-strugglable stagger.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

did the opponent end up facing backwards? Some moves stun the opponent and turn them around, like shun's stance b+P chop or jeffry's f,b+P.

Or are you saying they were stumbling towards you, just like a normal stagger but instead of moving away, they move closer? Remember who you were playing?

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

you may have interrupted a turn-away attack of his...