1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

FT at Coinopexpress

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by TexasLion, Apr 19, 2005.

1. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    link

This would be version A right? Is it hard to upgrade to version B if so? We got the 2 Astro City Cabs already so me and frank are really considering buying this here and getting back into VF. We haven't played in months.

Also does anyone know if this includes everything we need as far as hardware goes and sticks? We sold the Naomi2 hardware and now we just got the bare bones cabs.

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

The page indicates that it comes with 2 control panels - I would double check with Coinop and find out of the panels have card readers as it's very likely they do. From my first glance, it would seem that it's all there for you to throw into your Astro City.

As far as I can tell, this is a Version 0 Final Tuned. Not Version A. Unfortunately, unless you can pull some strings, it will be impossible for you to get Version A or B. These discs are free to registered purchasers of VF4:FT. Toronto's machine is registered through a japanese distributor, as is Arcade Infnity's in SoCal - hence why we have Version B. NYC's machine, on the other hand, is not through a registered distributor and that's why they've had trouble getting the latest version.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter. If you guys have the means to buy it - buy it now. FT Version 0 is awesome and light years better than Evo - add to the fact that this likely has card readers and you guys could be ready with a great FT setup.

Good luck!

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

3. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Thanks for the info. My brother emailed them about what version it is and check out their reply.

[ QUOTE ]
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

We would like to offer:

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned (Jap., Version B) Unit Price: $1445.00 USD
    http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/pc...ml?preview=true

Yes, the control panel will include card slot. Each kit will include Naomi mother board, dimm board GD driver, GD software, IO board, cables and manual. This game will need to work with 3.3V power supply if your jamma cabinet do not come with it, we can offer you at USD65.00 : http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/pa...ml?preview=true

If you are interested in it, would you please advise your full address with phone number so we can send you Proforma invoice with shipping cost?

I look forward to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,
    Jessica
    20/04/2005

[/ QUOTE ]

You think this is too good to be true or legit? I mean she goes right out and says it's ver. B like she's sure of it. I'm pretty sure I'll get it regardless though. But man ver. B would be awesome, and you can't beat that price. What do you think?

edit - I just recieved an invoice from them with all the items and shipping charges, and it even says on there that it's ver. B. I really hope thats true. I'll talk with my brother about it and maybe order it today. We bought those cabinets for FT but then realized the game was $2500 and that changed our minds. But for this price and with us both paying for it, we can definitely get it without regrets.

Oh, is there any talks of FT getting another version or is B currently the final one? Just curious.

4. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

well from what ive been hearing vf has started its decline in japan. The vf4 engine did have a 4-5 year run after all. People are basically just waiting for VF5 at this point.

The price is just sega probably trying to get rid of their remaining stock.

I really doubt sega would release a new version, especially with the new powervr announced.

5. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Hey, just reading the thread about the FT machine you're looking at. Whereabouts will it be located if you do buy it, CO?

6. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Yeah I live in Castle Rock, CO - just south of Denver. It's not really a great state to have FT in since few play in CO but what can you do. Getting FT is for me and my brother anyway, regardless of the small scene we have here. Plus the cabs we have we were hoping to use for VF5 once it comes out.

PhoenixDth - Yeah I figured VF was declining and that's why it's on sale now. Then again if you look at that website a lot of their games are really cheap now. I thought maybe it's a slow time for all fighting games or something. I still want FT though to hold me until VF5. It's not like VF5 will be out this year or even maybe next year, and it's not like I'm going to go to Tekken and start playing T5. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

This makes me wish I had stayed in CO.....

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    The price is just sega probably trying to get rid of their remaining stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coin-op is mostly second hand - sold on consignment for arcade owners, etc. These are more than likely FTs from an arcade in Hong Kong, or close by.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

9. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Well we ordered it. CO should have FT probably by next weekend. I'll take pics of our setup and hopefully capture some matches of the CO players. I'll try to get some good direct feed movies going on.

10. Pushku

Pushku Well-Known Member

Hey, are you going to EVO2k5?

11. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    I want to go. I know I make up the 3rd FT that we could use at Evo2K5 so I'll try to make it and see if I can bring it. That is if everyone else still plans on doing that. We'll see. I got to get the kit first though before anything.

12. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

/me all of a sudden has a huge hard on for TexasLion...

13. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Well Frankie (JunoSynth) is the one to be gay for. He bought the cabs and FT all by himself, even though he's saving up for a new car right now. I'm paying him back for half the cost of FT (around $800), and that's it. But he's spent close to $4000 for the whole thing, and all he's getting back is my $800. Yes he's crazy.

14. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Re: FT questions

About the VF cards, is it what I think it is where you would need 4 cards per character just to have every possible move combination? Like A1/B1, A1/B2, A2/B1, A2/B2. That probably would get pretty expensive if I do that for every character. What does everyone usually do, just buy the cards with the moves they know they'll use and with only their characters? And how much are the cards? Is there an easy way to get them or is a contact in Japan the only way? I know a guy from CO who lives in Japan so I guess I'll just ask him if that's the easiest way.

Thanks

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

I can't tell you how to get cards but if you do get them you they have to be registered with VF.net for one to use A1/A2 change moves. Unregistered cards will say "No Name" for screen name and keep win/lose stats; you will get an automatic costume color change at 5th/6th kyu and 1st dan.

I think cards in Japan are about $6. I don't know all of the details but to register you need a email address from Japan I believe and Sega charges $3 a month on a Visa/Mastercard CC.

Once you make changes on the VF.net website for your card you have to use the card on a VF.net enabled machine for the changes to take effect.

16. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    FT questions

You'll need to use your contact in Japan to get your change moves activated. You need to be registered with VFnet to make it happen.

17. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth

Alright, thanks for explaining it fellas.

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

[ QUOTE ]
    TexasLion said:

About the VF cards, is it what I think it is where you would need 4 cards per character just to have every possible move combination? Like A1/B1, A1/B2, A2/B1, A2/B2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anyone who does that, and in fact, it's impossible to do in Japan unless you created 4 seperate VF.Net accounts.

[ QUOTE ]
    What does everyone usually do, just buy the cards with the moves they know they'll use and with only their characters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much. Depending on the character, you may already have your mind made up on which change moves you want. Those with VF.Net have the ability to change it, of course, but restricted to one change per day.

Which moves you choose really depends on what suits your playing style I guess. I can understand that it's difficult to decide without the benefit of having tried them first. So do the best research you can online through the various posts, and of course gain what you can from any FT movies.

Good luck!

19. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth

Ok, thanks Myke. I was thinking of getting 15 cards, 1 for each character and all of them with A2 and B2 moves on them, then I can see every single change move for all the characters. You know, default will be A1 and B1 and the cards will have A2 and B2 on there. Then I can see which moves I like and buy the cards with those moves. Unless of course what I like is already A1/B1 or A2/B2, then I wouldn’t even have to bother. What a plan.

Now I just got to get the damn kit. They still haven’t shipped it yet, even though they got the money like 5 days ago. Anyone know why it takes them so long? It’s like they don’t even have the kits with them and they come from somewhere else, then when they get it they send them out. I guess I’ll just email them and check the status.

20. PolakStyles

PolakStyles Member

is ft for pc