1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

FT: Hands On Report

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Namflow, Jul 15, 2004.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Red counters

Good question. I'm not sure, but if the attack doesn't whiff, Kage should be OK though probably at a disadvantage. If one of the attacks whiff, then he may be open for a guaranteed quick counter like a double palm.

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Is Vanessas new throw the replacement for her flying armbar? If it is...I think I liked the flying armbar better.

3. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

i think it is as it was performed in offensive stance, but it just got a new angle and look, kinda pointless, but the wall throw rocks

4. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

I wish they had given her a DF throw in OS and DS =P

5. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

yeah mee too, or at least changethe [6] throw animation

6. Shadowdean

Yes, that wall throw is now my favorite throw in the game...period...talk about just mauling someone!!! I loved the flying armbar...besides it being rediculously hard to do in real life...having been put in armbars, I know what the pain is like.

7. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I wish FT would just include auto the dmg of attacks that garantee a small pounce afterwards (like 3p+g with Aki) and remove the pounce garantee. It just slows down the action I reckon.

Btw: Armbars doesn't feel a shit as compared to leglocks when applied irl =P

/KiwE

8. Shaolin_Hopper

Shaolin_Hopper Well-Known Member

(nods about leglocks) Put a leglock on someone and they'll submit. Put an armbar on the same guy and you'll have to break his arm or dislocate his shoulder before he'll give up.

(nods about stomps) There really shouldn't be any guaranteed down attacks from standard throws or normal (not juggling) hits - just tack on the damage if you're going to make them lay there and let the game go on. That's one of my biggest gripes about Tekken - Marduk's dumbass mount and King's chain throws take too long. You can phone in a pizza order and play a round of DDR while it's going on, and there's nothing you can do to speed it up. If I wanted to roll around on the ground like Mr. T and a pigeon fighting over an old french fry in a McDonald's parking lot, I'd buy a MMA game.

9. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

You could try escaping them.

Also, guarunteed down attacks (ones that don't count as a combo or are delayed) are a part of Aoi's reversal game. Also in many cases they give you an opportunity to choose between guarunteed damage and a 50/50 ground throw for more damage.

10. Shadowdean

I always thought her heel hook looked weak though...I liked the flying armbar....the should of kept that and added a new throw, not replace one.

11. Shaolin_Hopper

Shaolin_Hopper Well-Known Member

Aoi, Wolf, and Jeffry are special cases. They actually have a bit of a ground guessing game (which is over with very fast, no Marduk 'James Broadax Broad' mount series). Jacky or Vanessa, on the other hand, has nothing better to do than to kick me upside the head when I land on the ground... "HA! (thwack)"

12. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

You can always try to risk a delayed big ground attack and MC the rising attack or things like that.....

13. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

or you could reposition yourself vis-a-vis their temporarily lifeless corpse for ring position or some of that crazy ura.

14. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

FT: Brutally Honest Jacky + Kage Info

Yo guys, I am in Jpaan and I am kinda nomimono o nomimashita but yeah here is FT goodness

I cut more than a few JET "mandatory" orientation sessions to head out to Shinjuku sportsland... first let me say that man if you havn't been here, this place is unreal... they had 17 (yes I counted) VF macxhines 1 of which is single player for twice the money, but anyway there are so many people that play here from young looking guys to dudes in business suits... like the game i played with rich alone in my dorm room, here in shinjuku all kinds of peopel are playing it and watching it and itr was awesome...

jacky's 4kg - i dunno if the recovery is different but the combos seem to be different...
    open stance - do 2p, 9k
    closed stance - do 2p, 3kg

I think depending on distance you can still get the old ocmbos, but not too often does the high p actually hit...

when i was at shinjuku sportsland i saw this gosu looking jacky with 75% win percentate and kanji i couldn't read and background behind that kanji was blue so this dude was leete... so anyway i saw him trying jacky's ss just frame - where if you do it right you can do his new 33k pg from a standstill... i saw the gosu dude try to do this mainly with 6pk, 4, 33k ... he messed it up a bit, but i tried it a bit at sega arena and i did it like five times in a row once you get the timing down it is cool...

-i dunno actually how usefull his new shuffle step additions are... cause i think even if you do them you might still get interrupted by an oppnents attack, which isn't much different from his other SS stuff...

-kage - i hate joysticks... grr, i finally did the standard tft combo after some work.. if you do 4k to go into backturned jumanji and do pgk to do the cool ass backflip thing, then you have to be careful cause if you keep on holding pkg then you will not be in jumanji when you land, but if you wern't in jumanji when you did that then you will be in jumanji when you land... ths threw me off for a bit...

-his new hit throw is cool, but you have to be careful when you use it... i liked starting rounds with 4pgk into his new jumanji hit throw... if oppopnent dodges it then you can run in with 66666 and then do pg and get them when he dodges, if he atttacks them run in and use either kg or pk to sebkai and own him...

-kage's 4pg beginning animation looks just like tft - nothing like having this done to you for possible ring out then realizing the dude noobed up the command...

peeps at shinjuku sportlsand even if i was going up against someone who i felt yomi wasn't that good and general flow was lacking - they propbably had really good techincal skills like hitting kage's new dp combo of fuzzy guarding...

-joystiicks are taking some time for me to get used to... i got first three hits of kage's new 623pk combo but couldn't get the last hti... i think with practice it may not be that bad...

-kage can still do 42pg throw and then 664p do go through downed opponent...

-kage's 4k is cool move, backturned jumanji pk will either stagger or crumple on hit so follow up with like a sidekick or 3kg as appropriate...

-jacky's new throw is 3pg which replaced his snowplow or nothern lights bomb...

i don't think there is a huge difference between evo and ft... all you guys talking about having to start all over is bullshit its not such a big difference stfu and play ok thanks

i went to local sega arena with rich tonight and there were people playing and it was fun.. we left early to hang out with his friend miwa, but man there was this badass 10th dan sarah playing and rich played him probably thinking 'shouuuu i'm comming for you!!!!! | rich got his ass beat when he played as wolf although it usually went to fifth rounde and his wolf was imresspive looking but he bead him when he played as shun i hope i'lll be as good as my brother soon111

i like playing as kage and jacky.... go me!

final tuned is cool, if you need any clarification let me know...

but yeah major points to this email include
    -new jacky combos for 4kg - his old ones don't always work anymore
    -jacky has ss just frame where he can do ss 33k without actually going into shuffle step
    -i would win more if i wasn't on joysticks!!!
    -i beat a 10th dan jacky tonight go me !!!!

i will write a more serious report tomorrow i have to go to sleep, later all!

-Alex

15. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Re: FT: Brutally Honest Jacky + Kage Info

2 words, Sell OUt. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Funny, my two words were more along the lines of: Lucky Bastich.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

17. Shadowdean

Yay...pay money for minor improvement :p

18. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Thanks alot for the update. Nice to see technicall stuff like which combos doesn't work and substitutes for them etc for once. Keep on the update!

Dean: Stfu whining. Already. Plz?

/KiwE

19. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

A few things I forgot to mention:

Jacky's 9k is two hits, its not like you can delay the second one or not do it at all...

Jacky's 9k hits low and can be useful for off the ground or maybe after wall combos... It isn't as counterable as I thought it might be, it is throw counterable or less...

If they increased the recovery time on Jacky's 4kg I didn't notice - maybe just a bit, but I doubt that it is throw counterable now...

They changed the command for jacky's 3ppp to 43ppp - it is the same otherwise... This gave me some problems originally, nothing more frustrating than blocking akira's double jumping kick , try to do 43ppp and get a 2p instead... but this is mainly because I'm not so used to joysticks and last night at Sega Arena I didn't have much problem doing it, it really is a trivial change...

-Kage's jumanji hit throw drains 1 of Shun's DP if he hits it - it can be very useful for Shun players who like to backdash and drink a lot...

-Kage's new uppercut combo drains a TON, especially if hit on a major counter... I was playing against some guy at Shinjuku Sportsland and his flow wasn't all that great, but he kept hitting me with this combo as reverse nitaku and it sure does put the hurt on... This guy could do the combo fairly consistently... I could get the first three hits out rather easily (I actually had the most trouble with the first hit on the joysticks, grrrrr) ...

-The timing for Jacky's SS hit throw and Kage's jumanji hit throw were pretty easy to get down...

-Jacky's old closed stance 4kg combo p, kk can still hit but I think you have to be further away than usual when you connect with the 4kg...

-Jacky's change moves are the puntkick , and I believe the second one is his 2kp which you can change to the old one... I think that I'm going to use the old puntkick but the new 2kpp...

-Jacky's new 3kp is very useful and comes out quickly... After this hits you can throw or maybe backdash beatknuckle or something... You can delay the kick at the end too if they block the first two hits... They changed the 3k animation a bit to look like the beginning of his five hit kick string, 2pkkkkkk right? but yeah it comes out fast and is quite useful...

I'll write some more later,

-Alex

20. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dean: Stfu whining. Already. Plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now *that's* something I'd pay money for little improvement in! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>