1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ftp update: 142.167.17.83

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by CreeD, Oct 26, 2001.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

ftp://142.167.17.83 is the new address for the server. As myke so thoughtfully pointed out, you can try just 255 different addresses for the fourth slot and stumble on it!
    Wonderful! DSL! Lovin' it! Where's my cat?

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

It's not the fault of DSL per se. It's because home DSL subscribers are generally given dynamic IPs assigned through PPPoE. But, if you subscribe for the next higher plan, typically you can get 1-5 static IPs with DSL.

[​IMG]

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Thirty five a month with standard freebie install was too good to pass up for a poor college student. I can keep it for life, apparently.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have a similar deal at home, dynamic IP, etc. (Which is why I colo the VF4fx FTP server at work). But then the DSL modem itself will get out of date soon enough.

I'm working on mirroring all the TBZone clips via VF4fx FTP as well... should be up later today.

[​IMG]

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe we can consolidate all the FTP posts into this thread? It's hard to keep track of which address is the most current...

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

they were in one thread, every one, until now. Then I realized that people don't usually care whether there's one thread that suddenly appears at the top or a new post that suddenly appears at the top. Either way it's an unread post. So I figured, eh, fuck it.
    But if you have a compelling argument I can keep it in the same thread.

Ideally the thing would just stay connected.

7. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

I can mirror all those files if you want man

Anon FTP them to my server

rustedtech.com

- The VF Student -

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

hell, then they'll be available at four separate places heh ... mine, the original site, feixaq, and you. Maybe overkill? But hey, I might just take you up on it anyway, better to be safe and make sure ppl can get them. My site and TBzone are slow.

I'll also be making the VF archive available online if a certain someone whose name rhymes with Quanchai gets me disc one.

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

TBzone Act.2 movies @ VF4fx FTP Server

Okay, here's the mirror:

<font color=red>ftp://63.64.84.184/movies/tbzone04</font color=red>

If you get a popup window that says "too many anonymous users", it means there are currently 5 clients downloading from the TBzone for supplying the movies in the first place! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Cause, do you have good upstream bandwidth on your FTP/WWW server? I have all the latest clips on the VF4fx FTP server now, if you want to d/l all the clips from there at one go, I can set up a specific FTP account for you so you don't hit the anonymous clients cap...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.feixaq.com/vf4>[​IMG]</A>