1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fudd & Games: TGIVF - Thank Goodness It's Virtua Fri-ghter =)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by siLEpai, Apr 13, 2002.

1. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Hey y'all,

We're trying to get a group of VFers to play on Friday nites for some VF4 fun =) We haven't figured out a place, but hopefully I'll be hosting with home-baked curry dumplings once I get settled and a TV! I'm halfway between SF and SJ and near the San Mateo Bridge for East Bay folx. I'm in the Bay Area (UCSF, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Biotechs) so often that I can probably give people a ride down to wherever if I'm on campus.

In the meantime, we meet at SVGL. Gotta love 'em corn dogs 'n kOoKiEs =D We should play PF, Beatmania, Daytona, Point Blank, Topskater, BAM, and mini-golf happy Gilmore style too! We're thinking of Saturday/Sunday dimsum follow-ups if we can drag guys outta bed without them whining about their beauty sleep *ahem* Benny *bap*.

So, how about starting off with dim sum on Sunday? Who's up for joining our siLE club? We'll PM you the password if you don't figure it out on Sunday *tee hee*. May the VF gods be smiling upon us and may you not be allergic to . . .
    <pre>

-------
    | |
    |
    | - - - - - -
    |
    |
    ------

</pre>
    Let's try to not let any VFers hang out to dry or on an empty tummy =D Man, I need Rich's ascii art skills! Where are you siLE?!!! Any guesses . . . I'll give you a hint . . . .it's edible and dragons can be named before 'em and lobsters after 'em =)

Myke, VFDC won't lemme make ascii hangperson and didn't have an icon for the smiley face sticking out its siLE tongue =(

2. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

last night was really fun... yea and in future reference and in the words of homer simpson.. "mmmmmmm dumplings" : )

oh yea ben's (tragic) friend Cambell (i dunno if i spelled his name right and also he was that really good pai player) said he can probably have it at his place whenever he's free... so ben let us know whenever it's coo with him. or better yet have him post it up.

3. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Hey siLepai,

I had a great time playing Beatmania and VF4. You should start playing Beatmania more often. All it takes is to play couple times to learn the patterns. Althought I couldn't say the same thing when you were playing Guitar Freaks. Well your Pai is slowly improving and I was impressed with your counter moves. But you still need to learn how to do ppkk after a juggle. Well I think it would be a good idea to have another VF gathering with a different group. Diversity is very important when playing VF. And I'm definitely up for the Dimsung on a Sunday morning but the only problem is waking up sleepy heads like someone. I won't mention their names but hopefully we can get them to come.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    For things like ascii art, you need to use the pre tags. I've edited your post by putting pre tags around the ascii hangman, and deleted a few spaces here and there to correct the alignment.

Though, good luck in playing hangman on here :p

5. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Myke, thanks a bunch of dAZs =D No need to guess the code word as everybody figured it out pretty easy today at yum yum dim sum! Myke, I wish you could join us siLE =0

Akira, I will work on the PPKK follow-up, but I need a joystick and TV first!!! Beatmania was hella fun though. I hope to be almost as good as you one siLE day. Man, now I got to practice VF and Beatmania =)

Jackybrothas, yo dude! You need to give us your contact info as none of us know how to reach you for VF4 fun siLE! You missed out on the Cherry Blossom Festival too.

I found some kewl MarshiMaro goodies in J-town for my car Boo-boo and my buddy Choiboy, who I'll bribe with a keychain to convert to VF. I found keychains where the back of MarshiMaro is painted as a dog like in episode 6 "Action" at:

http://www.opane.com/marshimaro.html

He's so 'kyupta' and yet so perverted tee hee. Must recruit more VFers and convert more SFers into VFers =) Mouko and G are on my list next. Gotta hook up Mouko with "On the Bridge" gurl and let G borrow my joystix all in the name of VF4 fun!

6. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hey yea i hope you had mucho fun. the best way to contact me is pm cuz i am mostly home and not home hehe... and yea sorry for disappearing on friday night, i was talking on a pay phone during the shut off of all the games.. hehe well i am kinda on a diet (cutting down on the sweets) but i wish i came : ) hopefully next time