1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fuzzy Guarding vs ECD

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by hananokeiji, May 17, 2002.

1. hananokeiji

hananokeiji Well-Known Member

To my understanding, i believe that both of these are quite similar. can someone please tell me which is the best situation for which technique? I personally put more ECD into my gameplay. but as for Fuzzy, i am still a little fuzzy about it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks for your inputs!

--------------

2. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I find ECD to be very effective in certain situations but, it can get you killed fast if you're not careful. IMO it's MUCH riskier than Fuzzy Guarding and should only be applied in calculated situations. It's also very hard to do it fast enough in all directions to rely on it during an intense match.

3. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

What's "fuzzy guarding"? How do you do it?

4. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Its almost impossible to fuzzy guard in VF4, cause most throws now have a 8f ex.

5. alucard

Fuzzy guard = blocking high/mids and evading throws(high) at the same time.

Use the search if you want to know more.

6. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I don't know what it was like before, but it's certainly not impossible.

7. alucard

Its not impossible, its close to impossible because there is very little room for error i.e 2f.

8. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

It's difficult against the CPU. If you can read your opponent -- it's not as hard against a person.
    Also -- how do you 'evade' a throw? You mean 'escape'?

9. alucard

Fuzzy guarding doesn't require much mind-reading at all, its really only a form of defensive option select.
    "Evade" refers to "avoid totally", your opponent's throw attempt will whiff if you fuzzy guard.

10. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

How do you do this fuzzy guard?

11. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    This explains a lot.There a plenty of situations I thought I ducked a throw while fuzzy blocking.

12. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Yeah, but on the flip side, you might get your ass thrown from someone that has low throws. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif