1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fuzzying with the Monkey

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I DOUBT it works... just throwing that out there. I doubt the system will allow you to do that.

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Doubt all you want. It's tested and confirmed, Coz. Have a play around in dojo with 33G ->PK. Just enter it all from -6 with the cpu set to mid or throw. You do it with the right timing and you should PK punish the throws and block the mids.

3. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    wait so basically you're just punishing the whiffed throw?? like you can't block and attack at the same time. my bad for misunderstanding.

4. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Just wondering if you do this and your opponent does pp (with anyone who has pp as a natural combo) instead of a mid can you guard the 2nd hit or is it coming as a CH?

5. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

In a sense it does "work" on 14f mids aswell. They simply get blocked.

I just wrote out like 2 paragraphs trying to explain what I mean but I am now actually pretty doubtful if this will beat slow mids such as Akira's 19f half circulars as I am not factoring in the time it takes to CDFG.

Next time I play VF with someone I will try and see if this does work, although I'm thinking I will get CH.

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Its a legit technique. And yes, it is option select by definition. However, you need to have good timing, and opponent cant vary THEIR timing. If they delay their attack instead of doing fastest mid then it goes bonkers and you get CH:ed [​IMG]

Idea is timing it right. You do normal fuzzy guard and press attack after the guard. If they tried throw, they will get animation for whiffed throw with LONG recovery, which is then punished by the attack you input after the guard.

If they try mid, it hits the guard that you input after the crouch dash(that is: fuzzy), and your attack won't come out because you get "stuck" in the block animation. This is basically like inputting an attack after fuzzy guard, nothing more than that. The reason it works is timing (just like with fuzzy in general). Thats why its beaten by changing the timing as well.

7. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

"Fuzzy > PK" should be the best option to punish the failed throw , but autopilot those follwup attacks(after CD fuzzy) doesn't sound good.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Why not? I believe you can punish whiffed throw using "autopilot" SPoD even..

9. Dennis0201

First, PK should be the only guarantee punish, am I right?
    Since PK is the only option, autopilot PK after CD fuzzy might cause that "you succesfully block opponent's elbow however your K(kick) is going to show up right after".

The timing between release G and press PK is the key, also this entire situation is assumed that your opponents response immediately, no delay anymore:)

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    No...? whiffed throw is like -25..-30 or something.. The point is that if you 'hitcheck' that the throw actually whiffed, you will be late in the punish as most humans reactions are around 14f range. I know I can do Akiras standing palm as a punish after reacting to the whiffed throw, but not better than that. You get better stuff on 'autopilot'.

ps. Like I said above, this only works if opponent does mid/throw mixup without delays. Obviously you can't throw this out without thinking as standard method for beating fuzzy guard in the first place is a delay.. But that doesn't change the fact that the technique is real and it works.

11. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Yea. I can't always hit check Eileens 4 PPK but get it in easy with this method. [​IMG]

12. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    The option select thing was discussed ages ago here

13. Dennis0201

I just try 46p on dojo and it works:) But even by autopilot, it's still not easy to hit.

14. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    -25?

I don't think it's as big as that.

Someone try Wolf's Short Shoulder.

15. Dennis0201

My question is, can you autopilot the whole inputs "4PPK" after 33G cancel without checking your opponent's response? Well, I think you need to stop inputs while you block a mid, right? Is it possible doing 3 inputs such as (4p),(p),(k) that fast?

16. Dennis0201

There is a blindspot I guess. A whiffed throw means when we "see" the throw animation, right? To punish that after checking, I think the maximum is 14f.

However, if we tend to punish the throw from very beginning, we might get throw clash, isn't it?

17. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I input either 4P or 4PP when doing this. If my opponent attacks with a quick mid my attack wont start anyway.The string is guaranteed on mC so if i see the first hit connect, i just add the rest.

18. Dennis0201

That makes sense to me now:)
    Otherwise it's hard to believe you can autopilot messive inputs during that short time window.

19. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    http://www.blip.tv/file/845595

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/194303/2

i think generic said it best to describe this tactic.

"Opponent does immediate attack ----> You block it
    Opponent does a string of attacks ----> You'll block them
    Opponent does immediate throw ----> You automatically punish it
    Opponent does delayed throw ----> You'll attack him out of it
    Opponent does delayed attack ----> You'll probably attack him out of it."

vf5 fuzzy guard attack low throw escape option select
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJykGmAqjgo
    Fuzzy guard, then immediately 1|2|3P+K+G to get low punch and a low throw escape, or 6P+K+G to get high punch and a low throw escape. Only works for characters that don't have a low throw / special move using those directions.

Beats
    -immediate throw
    -immediate mid
    -immediate low throw (depending on escape)

Loses to or may beat, depending on timing:
    -delay throw
    -delay attack

Im thinking 1P k, 4PPK, pk, maybe 9K+G (maybe to0 slow), p+k, k, would be a good option select for eileen...?

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Why would you get clash when opponent has WHIFFED something? [​IMG]

I guess the trick is to use something you can hitcheck, or simply a launcher. I have to admit that I cannot hitcheck SPoD even though I confirmed it as an autopilot punishment for whiffed throw. At least not without intensive training. btw if SPoD works, then wolfs short shoulder should as well since they are equally fast.