1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

FV2 worth buying?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mirkan, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I personally never really got into Fighting Vipers for Saturn, and as I've never played the arcade I wouldn't know if it was any good..
    However, now I've been playing FMM alot (Fighters Megamix) which you all know stars the Vipers as well.. I really like the gameplay mechanics (armor breakers, air-recovery etc) and what I'm wondering is: Is Fighting Vipers 2 a good improvement over Fighting Vipers 1?
    I could get the first one crap cheap.. But I'm considering part 2 as well.. Please reply =)

Bahn must be a disguised Akira on steroids.. take my word for it!

/Mirkan

"I'm faster than lightning!"

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm a little confused...since you said you didn't get into FV but you liked FMM? The stuff you said you liked, armor breaking, air recoveries, were all in FV.

Anyway, FV2 pretty much builds on FV1. No real drastic changes, basic gameplay is similar (more moves of course), with heavy emphasis on offense with floats and canned combos. Haven't really played that in depth in the game to find the minute details. It shows its age a bit with no 3D movement or reversals or anything, but it's still a solid fighter. Don't know if this helps at all.

3. vf3tb

vf3tb Member

Most Japan Game Magazines always say that the difference between VF and FV is:
    VF is designed for Asia players and FV for SEGA-Fighting-Game's American Market.
    I don't on earth know why they think so, but I really feel that FV2 is worse than VF3, maybe parteners in this website are all only fans of VF series, hehe.
    If your wallet is too small to contain your sallary, you should buy it! Neat VGA Output and High-polygon charactors will make you sure that your money is worth to pay.

Mail me to improve my poor English please

4. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Well the reason for me not getting into Fighting Vipers was mainly due to the fact that I didn't have access to it. Saturn nor Arcade.

The only Vipers I've played is in fighters megamix.

Your info convinced me to buy it anyway.. If I liked Bahn in FMM I can hardly dislike him in FV2 I guess... I was prepared for the non 3d-movement and thus I have not used the escape-button in FMM since.. To simulate FV2 hehehe..

Well Ta anyways mate

/Mirkan

"I'm faster than lightning!"