1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

FYI-Core Magazine

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by E-Dog, Feb 5, 2002.

1. E-Dog

E-Dog Member

Sega recently held a festival dedicated to 'Virtua Fighter 4' at Zepp Tokyo and Zepp Osaka in Japan. Specifically, the event featured an arcade tournament with more than sixty players from across the country. Winners were given a number of luxurious prizes including PlayStation 2 packages and copies of Virtua Fighter 4. More importantly, series producer Yu Suzuki attended the event and spoke briefly before the assembled crowd. When asked about the next chapter in the Virtua Fighter series, Suzuki-san said he planned to release an upgraded version of VF4 before exploring ideas for Virtua Fighter 5. More intriguing however, Suzuki-san expressed interest in developing a new weapon-based arcade fighter. Speaking about the PlayStation 2 version of Virtua Fighter 4, Suzuki-san revealed that 600,000 copies of the game have been shipped to retailers in Japan

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Now begs the VERY important question, can I (or anyone) wait for the improved xbox version?

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

4. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Oh crap..

VF4 hasn't even been released worldwide and Yu is already talking about upgrades?

This reminds me of Sony whispering about PS3 before the PS2 was even released. I hope this VF4 upgrade is faar away for now, I wanna enjoy this one for a while at least.

5. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this is the rumored VFX we've all heard about, it's why MS always says how great a fighter VF is and how they'd love to have it on their system. Also a PS2 exclusivity doesn't run to an updated game I don't think does it?