1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gah?! b,ff,PK/f,p

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Jerky, Nov 16, 1999.

1. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Darn it. i've been working on my Akira for a while now and each time i go and do the SPoD or DLC i connect pretty much consistently. But there are those times when my dexterity impaired fingers don't move fast enough to finish off the last part of both combos. Is there any way i can build up dexterity in my fingers? (i wish were blessed with the lightning hands of godeater....)

/images/icons/mad.gifAndrew

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Sure, one can always train neural patterns in the hands for faster and more dextrous movements - practice is key. If you want to have quick fingers, do senbons wherever - y'know, pass the time away by doing PKG with your thumb, middle, index fingers...I dunno, I got into doing this when I was learning how to senbon fast to do crazy Akira combos in VF2. It worked. My senbons went from being slower than P(G)s ;) to blazing speed nokku. After a while, it becomes habit and you barely notice yourself tapping away. ;)

Do other things that promote dexterity as well - um...do you play an instrument? I play the guitar a lot and I know this really helps my dexterity. I would imagine that fabulous recorder/flute players have very high dexterity.

Just thoughts that seem to work for me.

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

3. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Well.... pick up the piano like one of my friends did, or the Organ would do equally well. These instruments require a LOT of finger dexterity in the higher grades. Or, like Llanfair said, just tap your fingers away. /images/icons/smile.gif /images/icons/wink.gif

A more ridiculous notion, is to keep tapping away at your controller, till it becomes purely muscle reflex. Takes a while, but its pretty worthwhile in the long run.

Hope that helps.

-Rulakir