1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gah, problems with US VF3 on UK DC

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Apr 15, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Uhm, get this:

I live in sweden and I have a PAL Dreamcast. I bought this 4 wire mod-chip and installed it without any problem. US Carrier, Berserk and others work perfectly. But when it comes down to VF3tb I get a dreadfully slow border-plagued game.

Not only this, I got a thick black line in the middle of the screen during replays too.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Please, if you know how to fix this tell me! I desperatly want to play US VF3!!

Until then I must humiliate myself with the dodgy PAL version.. and those black disguisting borders....

/Mirk

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Why, oh why, did you buy a PAL Dreamcast in the first place? :) It's a terrible shame that in this day and age, PAL is still considered as an afterthought, and usually 2nd rate, to the native NTSC format. It's for this reason why I bought a Japanese DC, and had it modified to play US games. To hell with PAL! By importing my games I get them way eariler than they would otherwise arrive here, and I'd be paying about the same price anyway (that's with shipping!) since the games are expensive here.

But anyway, as for your problem, are you playing on an NTSC or Multi-system TV, or a PAL TV? Have you tried it on other TVs? How about outputting through a VGA adapter to your PC monitor? It seems weird that other US games play fine, except for VF3tb. I can't think of anything else except to sell your DC and buy a Jap/US one :)

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

3. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Well I've tried it on 3 different TV's, and I get the same problem on all three of them..

Could it be the scartcable's fault?

I have the original scartcable bundled with the first batch of dreamcasts...

/Mirkan

"I'm faster than lightning!"

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Could it be the scartcable's fault?

Only one way to find out -- try it with another/newer cable? I have no idea about scart, so I really can't offer much advice. Sorry...

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?