1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gamecube, Who got one?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hayai_JiJi, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I picked mine up last night. I had to buy it in a bundle. Cheap ass motherfucking game retailers. Nevermind that though I picked up THPS3, Waverace: Blue Storm and Super Monkey Ball. I will tell you right now I have yet to go to bed because Super Monkey Ball is made from pure crack cocaine. It says alot when I have MGS2 just sitting over there like a neglected child longing to played with because I have to finish the next maze.

So who else picked one up and your thought's please.

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Yup I got mine Sunday morning, just walked right into EB and picked up my preorder, not much hassle. Only thing that sucked was having to buy an Interact controller (which I plan to trade in after Christmas) and the memory card cost $19.99. Otherwise, I'm loving it. For me, all the games bring back the kind of 16-bit era enjoyment that games these days rarely have. A quick rundown of the games I got:

Rogue Leader - My god this game is insane. I know this sounds cliched, but if you like Star Wars you MUST buy this game. Amazing graphics, and attacking the Death Star and dogfighting around a massive Star Destroyer are just too cool.

Super Monkey Ball - Simple concept executed in classic Sega fashion, I especially like all the little mini games. Could be the new king of party games.

Luigi's Mansion - It's not the second coming, but fun little game for fans of Nintendo characters and Nintendo games in general.

Wave Race - Haven't spent as much time with this as I would like (mainly due to Rogue Leader) but so far it seems on par with WR64, though it seems to be missing a certain something. I haven't played enough to say. Kinda wish the graphics ran at 60 fps though.

3. Hayai_JiJi

When I picked mine up it was late Monday evening it was the only one they had left. I did not even go there to buy it. I was there originally to buy THPS3 and MGS2 which I did then I saw it and had to have it. So I traded in my PS2 THPS3 for the Gamecube one and they were all out of Rogue Leader and Luigi's Mansion which I will pick up later. So I got Super Monkey Ball which is the reason I bought the system in the first place and Waverace which is suprisinly good. So far I love it:)

4. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I got one. I think that it is the coolest looking console I've ever owned. Very sleek. The smallness of the box and the games is something that I did not fully appreciate from just reading about it. I have Wave Race and Star Wars. I might get Tony Hawk. I like T. Hawk, but sometimes I get pissed off when I am looking for something and can't find it before the time runs out. Great game though. It was better when it had an all punk soundtrack. Dead Kennedys are always going to be 10,000 times cooler than Rage Against the Machine in my book. And what's with all the rappers? Since when are skaters rappers? Shit. But man, $200 for a system that spanks my PS2. I don't have to buy a multi tap. It doesn't look like a car amp. I has the best controller I've ever felt. Now I just need Zelda or Mario or Punch Out, not that the two games I have won't keep me entertained for a while.

5. Hayai_JiJi

Skaters just kind of got cleaned up in the nineties and started to lean more towards rap. The BMX'ers are now the dirty punk rockers of the extreme sports (or whatever) scene. I am also offended by the lack of good ole punk rock in videogames. It seems if it is in a video game it has to be Rob Zombie or some cleaned up, repackaged, MTV version of punk as opposed to real punk rock such as the Bad Brains, Agent Orange, Dead Milkmen etc. Also get Super Monkey Ball it's great.

6. Happy_Friend

I can't believe that THPS hasn't had anything by the Descendents. Ridiculous. I vote for Pervert or Sour Grapes. I would also love to Hear some Kid Dynamite or Dinosaur Jr. or Anti-Flag.

As far as Gamecube is concerned, I will get Smash Bros. and buy two more controllers soon. Getting drunk and playing 4 player Smash Brothers before going to the bars and striking out with the ladies is a pretty fun time. And of course I will buy Mario Kart and Zelda and whatever Mario game comes. Nintendo on the business side maybe totally dickish, but their games kick ass. Only dumbasses feel otherwise. I mean any gamer who says Nintendo games are kiddie while liking some unimaginitive game that controls like shit just because the protagonist has big tits or there are cool decapitation animations, or the hero uses his penis as a weapon, well those kind of people are stupid fucks. It is not a coincidence that people who play Vf are more likely to be Nintendo fans. Gameplay trumps less serious concerns every time for the wise gamer.

7. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Heheh well while I wouldn't quite put it the way you did, I have to say that one of the things that annoys the hell out of me is people dismissing Nintendo as "kiddie". How is a sports game or an FPS more mature? You're still killing things or trying to beat the crap out of someone, a case could be made then that that's even more immature.

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Only one thing to say
    Grew up on Nintendo n Sega

Go Nintendo!

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I got a Jap and a US GameCube../versus/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Happy_Friend

You know, I heard that there is way to modify your Japanese GC so it can play U.S. games, but I am not sure whether or not it will still play Japanese games after it's fucked with. Does anyone have Smash Bros. yet?