1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameshark or no Gameshark for Items?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by nnabuenyi, Mar 16, 2003.

1. nnabuenyi

nnabuenyi Well-Known Member

I have lots of friends to do versus with, and i dont want to really spend too much extra time getting a lot of hard items. You think i should use codes so i can just dress up my char for versus mode?

2. nnabuenyi

nnabuenyi Well-Known Member

anybody?

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

It's pretty much what most people do. There are no codes yet though, so might as well play as much as you can to improve your skills, CPU is not so bad this time around.

4. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Because of the new shitty save system, I guess we're going to see if we can find all item codes for gatherings. Plain simple characters look so boring /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. reggaemonk

reggaemonk Member

HI guys, here are some codes from a Taiwanese site for evo. It claims you could play with each other with your own saves?? yet to check it out.
    Will translate as much as I could.

To fight against Sega ( for not allowing us to play against each other with our own characters), we will use our final weapon-- " the Gold finger"

From the TW website.

Main code
    EC8782E0 1445EEFC

1P's set HP
    3CE6F3B8 1456E7DE

2P's HP 0
    3CE6FBE8 1456E7A5

2P's biggest demage?
    0CE6FBE8 1446E7DE
    3CE6FBE8 1456E7A5

Money 9999999
    1CE411AC 14BE598C

Win conut
    4CE4115A 1456xxxx

Lose count 0
    4CE41160 1456E7A5

All items and colours
    4CE4115E 1456B00C
    1CE41164 61DFB00C
    1CE41168 61DFB00C
    1CE4116C 61DFB00C

All items and colours
    shortened code ( after ver1.6)
    7CE41164 1453E7A6
    EF6A8023 1456E7A5
    4CE4115E 1456B00C

"Dan" levels
    3CE4115C 1456E7xx

A5 10 kyu
    A6
    A7
    A8
    A1
    A2
    A3
    A4
    9D
    9E
    9F 1st dan
    A0
    9A
    9B
    9C
    B5
    B6
    B7
    B8
    B1
    B2
    B3
    B4
    AD
    AE
    AF
    B0
    A9
    AA
    AB
    AC
    C5

1P character change
    3CE64560 1456E7xx

2P character change
    3CE64564 1456E7xx

character select
    A5 AKIRA
    A6 SARAH
    A7 LAU
    A8 SHUN
    A1 JEFFRY
    A2 PAI
    A3 JACKY
    A4 KAGE
    9D LION
    9E WOLF
    9F AOI
    A0 LEI-FEI
    99 VANESSA
    9A DURAL
    9B GOH
    9C BRAD

Becareful, some character dose not have "winpose 3" ie. Lau, Jacky. Don't use it just incase bug occurs.

I have not try the above cos I don't have Gameshark.
    Only use at your own risk /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Hope it helps.

http://www.hk-vf.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=3642&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

6. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the link! I hope this works for our gathering.

7. reggaemonk

reggaemonk Member

No sweat, board service.. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    so can anyone verify the codes?

9. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

My problem is that I don't have access to an Action Replay myself, and even if I had, it propably wouldn't run on my un-modded Japanese PS2.
    I'll contact some friends and see if I can get something arranged to test this.

10. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

I just tried both all item codes with and without the master code and neither worked for me. I used a GS2 v. 1.93, GS2 v 2.0, and AR2 v2.2 with no success.

11. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

crap...
    A friend is sending me his Japanese Action Replay, I'll try with that one on my unmodded machine with the original game. Maybe even tomorrow already.

12. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

so far so good

I've just tried the 'all items and colours' code without a problem. Very cool. The infinite money code worked for me before and it's the same code that's put here.

For the record - here's my system: SCPH-30001 PS2. Gameshark 2 V2. I'm quite certain that it has a lot to do with what version of PS2 you have.

I've yet to try the 2P mem card thing...keep your fingers crossed.

cheers,

13. replicant

Re: so far so good

Sorry, had a blonde moment. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif My version has the PAL/NTSC selector which nulls GS codes. Keep forgetting that. Awesome to hear that it works.

14. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

That's great news!
    Now our gathering in Sweden won't be so bland /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

15. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

llan: what version of the game are you using? which iso or import.

16. Llanfair

Shang, I remember you having issues and talking about it on IRC. I am using the CD rip version, not my original.

cheers,

17. replicant

Llan: If you are using the rip and GS2 2.0 then which codes are you using exactly and how are you checking the items being loaded? That is exactly how I am doing it, but it isn't working for me. Unless you have a different rip.

18. Llanfair

The codes I'm using are the master and the following item codes from the post above:

All items and colours
    4CE4115E 1456B00C
    1CE41164 61DFB00C
    1CE41168 61DFB00C
    1CE4116C 61DFB00C

To check the items? Uh, I'm going into Quest and then going to Edit. All the items are there for any character you load into quest mode.

My PS2 is a SCPH-30001. I'm certain this is what's making the difference. I've your PS2 is newer, ie SCPH-39001 or something higher than 30001, then I'm pretty sure it won't work.

cheers,

19. replicant

Hmm, I'm using SCPH-30001 NTSC-U/C as well. Mine was bought and shipped from Canada the week of launch. I also checked it that very same way. This is weird. Guess I'll recheck my numbers to make sure I had it wrote down correctly and try again. Thanks anyways mate.

20. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Can this be saved? Or do you have to load up the code each and every time you boot up the machine?