1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameshark or no Gameshark for Items?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by nnabuenyi, Mar 16, 2003.

1. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

Re: so far so good

I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to save it.

2. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

All numbers are correct and it still will not load. I'm chalking this up to the PAL/NTSC selector on my rip messing with base variables of the game.

3. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

It's not working for me, but I'm pretty sure I have a unique situation. Here's my setup:

US PS2 with fliptop/swap magic and Gameshark 2, version 3.

Main problem is, the gameshark doesn't load normally even though it and my ps2 are both US versions. I have to use the CD swap magic just to load the gameshark (it doesnt like my fliptop I guess). I load the gameshark, create a game code for Evo and enter the master and item codes. Then when I try to activate the codes or even select the game to load the cheats, it locks up on me. Not sure if it is the codes causing lockup or the gameshark simply won't work with fliptop....

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

You can not load a legit import game on a US region PS2 with the game shark. It simply won't work/boot. The code most likely might not work also for those who are playing a version of the game on a burned cd. (Just a theory here, the previous money code I gave to people didn't work unless they had a legit dvd copy.) Nonetheless, I know for a fact that the only way to get the codes working with a US gamesharks is to use it with a dvd copy of the game. (Maybe a burned cd version also.)

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

I have a Japanese PS2 SCPH-10000 and retail copy of Evo. I don't know what program to use to enter codes. I don't think my US version Gameshark is going to load on the JDM PS2.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

6. sontawila

sontawila Well-Known Member

re

Thanks man the all item code worked perfectly...
    realy great job. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i just need to know:
    which of the ranks .no is the highest??
    Is there a wallpaper code? /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

Hi all, just 4 info purpose. I used an AR2 V2 on my PAL set 2 run the codes and it works fine on my burned copy of vf4evo. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I only tried the following codes:-

Main code
    EC8782E0 1445EEFC

Money 9999999
    1CE411AC 14BE598C

All items and colours
    shortened code ( after ver1.6)
    7CE41164 1453E7A6
    EF6A8023 1456E7A5
    4CE4115E 1456B00C

8. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

what if you have a original Import PS2 that can run both U.S. and Import original games. I got the GS2 ver.3 .There were 2 sets of codes for all items. I chose the 1st batch and it seemed to work but when I went to edit mode nothing happened. So I tried the 2nd set this time it locked up. Now I was PM a different set of codes that Phoenix got off IRC. They are totally different from the ones posted here...any suggestions?

9. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

can i get a count on how many people on this board BOUGHT the actual game instead of ripping it? most i see is cd this cd that....

just curious.

i bought mine, that's 1...

10. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Although I run a CD rip of the game, I also bought a real japanese copy. In fact, it was I who gave GaijinPunch his item code from the inside jacket...

cheers,

11. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Me bought it too also.
    /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I have the japanese copy too. I couldn't get my cd rip to work, but I would've gotten it anyway.

13. Oni-Kage

I have the original import, no backups here. It still locks up using the newer version of the item codes. I'm gonna try the older version, but I still think that my Gameshark (ver 3) doesn't like my fliptop modification, period.

14. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Ok...I got mine to work. Thx goes out to Plague's Gameshark 2. Returning Gameshark 3 tomorrow.

btw I also have original EVO and i have an og PS2 from Japan that plays Domestic originals also. Copies can't be played on my machine

15. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

So it seems success depends on the version of the GS/AR solely?

16. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    There seemed to be a lot of luck involved last night. I know I don't have GS2 version 3. I don't know what version I have, though, or how to tell. I do know that we used the 4 line code for all items (not the three line post 1.6 version).

My GS loaded fine on Brisal73's PS2, but seemed to be freezing when you tried to start the Evo disc (retail). It was kind of a "ok, let's try one more time and just leave it sitting while we go check the message board," type thing. We didn't actually wait that long when it finally worked, though.

17. Oni-Kage

Well my window of time to return my version 3 is past, but I think I may still get a version 2 AR or something anyways. I don't wanna spend eternity in quest mode unlocking stuff. It's only fun for hyper mode anyways.

If anyone figures out how to make the version 3 gameshark work, post up. Btw the version 3 states on the disc the version #... plus, it doesn't use a "gameshark" memory card either.

18. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

I just got it to work. Setup:
    Japanese unmodded PS2 model 15000
    Action Replay version 2 for Japanese PS2 (2001 version if that's important)
    Original Japanese VF4Evo

I used the long version of the item/color code.
    Booting up the games seemed to take a little bit longer (a couple of seconds).

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Once you have your game booted up with all item code on - especially if you have trouble getting it to boot or if you don't have regular access to GS or AR, make sure you start quest mode for all characters before turning off your PS2.

I didn't do that. Consequently only the chracters that I edited have all items and 9999999 money.

20. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder. We'll make a master file at the gathering and copy that around to our three PS2s and then go from there.