1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameshark or no Gameshark for Items?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by nnabuenyi, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Quick note: the all items code did not make everything in the store visible/available. Granted I may have everything that I could buy, but I didn't check things like the movies, etc.

I haven't tested the ranking codes, or win/loss codes (I prefer to leave my win percentage alone so I can track how I'm actually playing).

2. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

Well I guess I'm up a creek here, I got a version 2 gameshark also, and it locks up when trying to load evo. So both version 2 and 3 don't load with any codes.

Lol... I'm expecting too much I guess, trying to play an import (copy or original) on a US ps2 w/fliptop thru a gameshark. Guess its back to swap magic and earning items the hard way. I'm gonna check the fliptop forums for more help.

3. Oni-Kage

No luck so far... i've heard of some people able to load their dvd backups of SC2 thru the gameshark2 tricks, so if thats possible then I should be able to load my EVO the same way...

I still think its a matter of TOC size, but it could also be the media I'm using... i burned onto dvd-r made by memorex... and I hear people talking alot about backing up their games on fujifilm...

4. sontawila

sontawila Well-Known Member

Ok i tried all of the codes and all worked fine except the player change code that should allow other to load their own characters.

Any one got this code to work??please explain how to do that.. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok i tried all of the codes and all worked fine except the player change code that should allow other to load their own characters.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a misunderstanding I believe. Those 2P/1P codes previously posted are not for choosing your own character from another memory card. The codes listed are to set the 1P or the 2P to a specific character. In other words, of you set the 2P code for Akira, then whenever anybody chooses *any* character on the 2P side (CPU matches included), upon entering the match the character will always be Akira. No matter what, no matter when, the 2P side will always be Akira. This is what the code is meaning, and it works.

To reiterate to anyone who's not getting it: There are no gameshark codes that allow someone to load in their character from another memory card. This is not possible.

cheers,

6. Oni-Kage

Okay, if anyone

1) Knows how to load evo (import or DVD backup) on a US PS2 w/gameshark 2 (no modchips), or
    2) Knows how to rip EVO from dvd to CDR, or
    3) Has an EMS adapter and can upload their system file save (with all items for all chars) online,

Then please PM me asap /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif So far no luck with my setup, so any help is appreciated.

7. Oni-Kage

Finally got my own rip of the game, so I'm good! BTW, doing the char switch code to play Jeffrey as Shun is HILARIOUS!

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    So you're saying Jeffrey looks like Jeffrey and plays with the moves of Shun?

9. Oni-Kage

My bad... I dunno what I was tripping on there... basically all it does is put whoever on the p1 or ps2 side and overwrites the char completely. I thought it was a palette override like in tekken. What a dissapointment... lol, whats the point then, heh.

10. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    hmmm i use pal set with AR2 v1.9 with burned copy of evo too....
    the codes i use cannot work.any ideas?

11. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

I know this thread is a bit old but I just discovered it. I tried the codes out and they worked. I lost all my wallpapers though... :T

BTW, I am using a 39000+ modded ps2 with the pal (Australian) AR2. I only tested the items code.

12. Yomii

Yomii New Member

Ok, I have bought VF4 Evo PAL to my PAL ps2. Then I ordered a Action Replay 2. Then I went to www.codejunkies.com to find som codes.
    Problem is they have only discovered shit codes. Like "All special items" which only gives a couple of wierd items per character(example: Lei''s Elephant mask, Pharao Mask etc.) The other related "item" code is called "All quests and Items". But this one is lame, because it only gives you access to the shop items, and you dont get them either, you have to use the "infinite money" cheat to buy them. And yes it unlocks the quests, and clears them, but I dont get the quest items, and when I try to enter any arcade with the cheat on, the game freezes and I have to restard without it.
    And all other codes on the site is just lame shit. Yeah I know that the game has only been out like 1 month in Europe, but still. I know there is a "all items" code since its in the japanese and other asian versions of the game, and they cant change the gamecode just for the PAL release...

So if anyone of you have at least a link to a item code for the PAL version, then I will be very greatful. Otherwise I just have to wait for codejunkies.com to discover the code, I guess... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

That's a bit of a problem. I suggest you just play the game and complete the quests and see if you can get the items you want. I couldn't get the light emitting bracelet because in the last mission you have to win 2 rounds excellent and with lei fei it's very hard to do. I got most of the other items by playing the game alone.

I must add that codejunkies is a bit lame when it comes to codes. I use my action replay only for secret items in games and most of the time they only have codes for health. And they release the codes very late in general too.