1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

gazelle upper

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Zimmie, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Zimmie

Zimmie New Member

Hi,
    I'm new to virtua fighter... I just started out playing with brad and am trying to run through the command training. But I'm completely stuck at the gazelle upper. I seem to get the succesfull P+K in while ducking, because the opponent is thrown off balance. But I just can't get the P follow up in... is there anything that could help me? I really don't know what to do...

thanks,
    Zim

2. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Are you inputting the P fast enough? Perhaps you are trying to input the command after you see Brad deflecting the low punch and as a result inputting it too slow. Try the command faster (don't wait, just do Ducking P+K~P)

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

What do you mean by your opponent is thrown of balance, are you doing an attack into ducking like [6][P][6]?

You probably want to go straight into ducking by pressing [6][P]+[K]+[G], be easier to time the [P]+[K] then.

4. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    welll
    if it turns out u can never do it,
    helltrap-gazelle upper is a very very risky move, its kinda just there cause if you pull it off its the sickest thing ever.
    but thats just my opinion...

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yeah, question was in regards to command training though.

I also think that OP is delaying the P part too much.
    [6][P]+[K]+[G] -> [P]+[K] -> [P]
    All in one flowing motion. Dont stop and see what happens.

6. Feck

It's there to stop people 2p'ing Brad out of ducking, imo.

7. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Yeah you just have to set it up. It's far from useless.

8. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    well ya its not useless i was just saying if he can never do it you can still be a very good brad without it

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Zimmie, just enter [P] as fast as possible. In fact, whenever you do (Ducking) [P][+][K] you should always, always, always enter the next [P], as if it's a combo. There is no penalty by entering the following [P] if the sabaki isn't successful.

So, get in the habit of doing (ducking) [P][+][K][P] as if it's a natural "combo".

Feck, do you even play Brad? I know you can't resist replying to everything [​IMG] but what Zimmie described makes perfect sense. He was successful with the sabaki (which puts the opponent off balance), but couldn't get the Gazelle Upper to come out (because his input is too late).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You probably want to go straight into ducking by pressing [6][P]+[K]+[G], be easier to time the [P]+[K] then.</div></div>
    Yeah, no, I don't think he has an issue with going into ducking.

10. Feck

Yeah, no, I don't think he has an issue with going into ducking. </div></div>

Yeah, I play a pretty poor Brad.

For some reason I presumed the p+k wasn't connecting, so I thought he must have been entering it from an attack. Looking back at his post I can see that wasn't the issue.

11. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

On another note, you used to be able to get [6][6][K] after a successful Helltrap. I don't think that you can do this anymore though. You have lots of frames of advantage but that doesn't really mean much.

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

You have +20/+29 frames to work with after a succesful Hell Trap. I think it all depends on how early or late the it's done.

I think all you need is 1+ frame advantage to be able to pull off a succesful Hell Trap. I'm not totally sure bc I practiced this with a friend online, right after I hit him with 3PP (+1) he would immediately do 2P and my Hell Trap worked. I doubt that you can do it at 0+/-

Obviously you can practice doing Hell Trap from all of Brad's moves that lead into Ducking but you can also just go into Ducking as long as you have that +1 frame advantage. A good way to practice this is after doing Brad's SL K (+5 on block) or right after standing P (+2). Just set the CPU to respond with 2P after a succesful block and practice. It takes a bit to get the timing down just right. Here's my method: Go into ducking and as soon as the CPU starts to do 2P, press P+K P. The wait period is different depending on the frame advantage/disadvantage situation.
    To make sure that you get the Gazelle Upper in just mash on P right after P+K until you get the timing down right. After enough practice, you wont have to mash anymore [​IMG]

13. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I've tried this out in Dojo Mode and the [6][6][K] has a bit of tricky timing. If your opponent isn't good at breaking staggers, you can use [4][6][K][+][G] after a successful Hell Trap instead of using the [P] derivative. I think that tony posted in his video thread that [3][P][P] -> [4][K][+][G][K] is possible afterwards. I myself have tried this and got it on Akira and Jacky. I also remember having to dash up in order for the [3][P][P] to connect.

You can also use [6][P][+][K] afterwards which is a better alternative than the [P] derivative for guaranteed damage sometimes, particularly in an online environment.