1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

General Knowledge question: VF4EVO Hori sticks

Discussion in 'Console' started by TrojanX, Mar 30, 2004.

1. TrojanX

TrojanX Well-Known Member

Q1: How much do they cost in Japan in both YENS and how much is that equivelent in £'s?

Q2: Where is the best place to get it in or around Tokyo?

Q3. I use the pad so how long do you think I was surpass my pad skills once I use the Hori sticks? Bear in mind I haven't used any arcade sticks hardcore level since end of VF3 peak period.

I await your answers people...

2. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

Q1.
    3980 yens (with tax 4179 yens)
    http://sega.jp/ps2/vf4evo/
    http://www.hori.ne.jp/cgi-bin/products_detail.cgi?HP2-55
    Q3.
    did u play 2d games like sf or kof? if u do, it won't take long from pad change to a stick. like 1 month or something => just me
    i begin use sticks from vf3

btw. i d like to say evo stick is ok, but the button of the stick is not perfect. the stick of the stick is good. just the button it ....
    i just broken a evo stick, so sad.... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SC2 sticks or namco ps1 sticks are good!! => just some advice.

Ogi

3. TrojanX

TrojanX Well-Known Member

Excellent. Thanks for that.

4. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

edit all the unused buttons to "not used" as the stick aint got a "dongle" (ferite magnet clamp) to reject any incoming RF interferance!!!
    or just buy one your self from maplin for about £2!!!:)

5. Onny

Onny Well-Known Member

RF interference???? does it affect the stick? or is it like to protect against power surges???

*is quite worried now*
    /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

6. RandomHajile

[ QUOTE ]
    Onny said:

RF interference???? does it affect the stick? or is it like to protect against power surges???

RF means Radio Frequency, so i doubt a joystick thats has no mains transformers or capacitors and only really gets a minor 5volts at most would ever hav a power surge!!!

all cables running a electric curent generates a magnetic field, if you check your PC monitor VGA lead you will most likely see a "dongle" on it nearest the back of the Monitor (or on any sony ps pads)
    this contains a feritte magnet ringed around the cable, it basicly rejects any RF the cable picks up (like if it was an antena) it also helps a bit with EM interfeance but thats another story as the earth (where england resides) is always giving out x amount of EM radiation

basicly as its a jap stick, an as always has a crap small lead, they eather dont think its worth putting it on as the lead is to short to pick up RF (rubbish) or they were cheep skates!!!

hope u understand now

*is quite worried now*

duhh, what i ment was....

RF means Radio Frequency, so i doubt a joystick thats has no mains transformers or capacitors and only really gets a minor 5volts at most would ever hav a power surge!!!

all cables running a electric curent generates a magnetic field, if you check your PC monitor VGA lead you will most likely see a "dongle" on it nearest the back of the Monitor (or on any sony ps pads)
    this contains a feritte magnet ringed around the cable, it basicly rejects any RF the cable picks up (like if it was an antena) it also helps a bit with EM interfeance but thats another story as the earth (where england resides) is always giving out x amount of EM radiation

basicly as its a jap stick, an as always has a crap small lead, they eather dont think its worth putting it on as the lead is to short to pick up RF (rubbish) or they were cheep skates!!!

hope u understand now

but it looks like u can make out someone could of said anything.... interesting:)

7. Onny

Onny Well-Known Member

ah right. i always wondered what those little things were for. i think there's one on the namco stick, but the sc2 doesn't have one. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. RandomHajile

namco is a uk stick, the SC2 is a jap stick right???

9. Onny

Onny Well-Known Member

yep.

10. RandomHajile

thats why it aint go tthe "dongle" on, its jap so the lead is short

also is ur pic from that NES street gangs/river city ransom game???

11. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    the stick is not bad, though we did have some issues with it with akira users at evo 2003 last year. ohsu broke my stick, and an akira broke shous stick as well. its not hard to fix, but you have to be gentle with her.

12. Onny

Onny Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    RandomHajile said:
    also is ur pic from that NES street gangs/river city ransom game???

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah haha. but i altered it to try and look like Brad. not too successful huh.

13. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

Has anyone played GBA RCR? I have big nostalgia for the NES game.

14. Mr_Frankie

Mr_Frankie Active Member

Does anyone know where I can get the size (in inches), for the arcade stick? I've looked at the images and it seems tiny for the price of $75-90

15. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

There is a new stick coming out this month made by Hori called the Real Arcade Pro. It's around the price range of $80 and it seems much much more sturdy than the hori evo sticks. I think I will get one and give it a try.