1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

General/Staple Brad Combos

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Libertine, Jul 23, 2012.

1. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    From Open position (after move execution) the combo does need frame perfect timing between [9][P]+[K]->[4][4][P]->[2][P], from far away. From close up or Closed position, the timing is much easier. You can control which position you're in by which way you slip.

2. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Guys, I've updated the combo lists with some side and wall combos. I'd like to finish updating them soon, but if anybody can test what I already have, it would be appreciated. Also feel free to suggest some stuff, as these categories aren't my strongest for combos.

BeastEG and ExzetyXat1 like this.
  3. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Okay, it seems that you have to Slip towards the opponent's back, not Brad's back, following a dash for Slipping [P][P][K][K] to connect following Ducking [P][+][K][P]. At least I think that's the case. I'm sorry for the confusion.

4. R_Panda

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    For some reason I usually find it doesn't matter which way I slip at all, though I have been slipping to Brad's back mostly, I think. I wonder if it's just the specific characters I'm playing against, or a certain timing, maybe both.

5. R_Panda

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    I went through and highlighted every max damage combo, and did it again in a newer player friendly version that doesn't require stance checking, though I recommend trying to master the best combos as best you can.

Brad Combos Easy Mode
    43 combos highlighted
    Brad Combos Hard Mode
    104 combos highlighted
    Brad Combos All Mode

There seem to be compression issues, I'll try to deal with those soon.

6. Libertine

Okay, because it's not that obvious where to start when learning combos, I'll post a quick guide:

Beginner

[6][P][+][K] & CH [4][P][+][K]

[3][P][P] -> [9][K]

This can be used on all the cast except for the Heavyweights and above. It will work on Jeffry from the Open Foot Position, but at first it may be difficult to stance check.

Heavyweights: [K][P][K]

Taka: [P] -> [3][P][+][K]

[2][P][+][K][6][P]

[3][P][P] -> [9][K]

Everyone except for Wolf and Taka from the Closed Foot Position.

[4][4][P] -> (back turned) [2][P] -> [P] -> [3][P][+][K][P]

Works on everyone except for Heavyweight and above from the Closed Foot Position.

[K][P][K] -> Use this on Wolf and Jeffry from the Closed Foot Position.

[P] -> [3][P][+][K][P]

Use this on Taka from both foot positions. Remember that [2][P][+][K][6][P] needs to counter hit to launch him.

I've divided this category into Open and Closed Foot Positions because I think this move is easy to hit confirm if the first punch lands.

[6][K][+][G]

[3][P][P] -> [P] -> [3][P][+][K][P]

Use this combo on all characters below Heavyweight.

Heavyweights: [3][P][P] -> [9][K]

Taka: [6][P][+][K] -> [3][P][+][K][P]

Sway Back [K] & Slipping [K]

[3][P][P] -> [6_][P] -> [4][6][K][+][G]

Works on everyone except for Taka.

Taka: [P][6][P][K]

Slipping [P][+][K]

[9][P][+][K] -> [4][4][P] -> (back turned) [2][P] -> [3][P][+][K][P]

Works on everyone!

CH [6_][K]

Same combo as for Slipping [P][+][K], but add a side step towards Brad's back after the [9][P][+][K]. Works on everyone.

CH [1][P]

[2][P] -> [3][P][+][K][P]

Seems to work on everyone except on Jeffry and Wolf from the Open Foot Position and Taka.

Jeffry: [3][P][+][K][P]

Wolf and Taka: [K][P][K]

Ducking [P][+][K][P]

Slipping [P][P][K][K]

This works on everyone below Heavyweight. I dash first and slip towards Brad's back. I don't like to mention online, but there you should probably use [3][P][P] -> [9][K] instead. This won't work on the Heavyweights, though.

Taka: [P] -> [3][P][+][K][P]

Ducking [K][+][G]

[2][P] -> [P][6][P][K]

Works on everyone except for Taka.

On Taka, I've never used a combo where you don't need to worry about stance. Maybe [6][P][+][K] -> [3][P][+][K][P]?

I'll update with combos once you get more advanced later.

BeastEG, ExzetyXat1 and Dennis0201 like this.
  7. pana

pana Well-Known Member

Hope it's fine if I post some combos here.

Some [4][6][P][+][K] (Near Wall) combos:

[4][6][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [4][4][P] (Wall Hit) -> [2][P] -> [9][K] (Wall Hit) -> [4][6][K][+][G] 90dmg
    Both Stances on EI, EL (46K+G doesn't connect and I don't know what to use), AO, SH.
    Notes: Max Damage on EI, AO, SH. The combo works up to 9K on other Lightweights but the combo isn't the same and it's not the best for them.

[4][6][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [1][P][+][K] -> [4][4][P] -> [2][P] -> [9][K] 87dmg
    Both Stances on EI, EL, AO, VA.
    Note: Max Damage on EL, VA. 46K+G and 66K can be used instead of 9K for same damage but different okizeme.

[4][6][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [1][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [9][K] (Wall Hit) -> [4][6][K][+][G] 86dmg
    Both Stances on EI, EL (I don't know, again, what to do after the Wall Hit), AO, SA, PA, LI, VA, KA, BR, GO.
    Open on SH.
    Notes: Max Damage on SA, PA, LI. Don't use the P before 9K against EI, EL, AO, SH, PA. Wall Hit may not happen on LI and VA in Closed. The combo also works on LA, LE, JA, JN(Closed) but the last hit doesn't connect on them. 3P+K doesn't cause the LB on LA, KA, LE, BR, GO, JA, JN if Brad is in Closed from Dojo's position, he needs to move towards the opponent's back a bit.

[4][6][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [2][P][+][K] (Wall Hit) [P][6][P] -> [4][6][K][+][G] 81dmg
    Both Stances on EI, EL, AO, SA, SH, PA, LI, VA, LA, BR.
    Open on KA, LE, GO, AK, JA, JN.
    Notes: Max Damage on LA, BR, KA LE GO AK JA JN (Open). Combo works up to 2P+KP6P on WO and JE (Open).

[4][6][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [3][P][+][K][P] (Wall Hit) -> [4][6][K][+][G] 79dmg
    Both Stances on EI, EL (Wall Hit happens but I don't know how to follow it), AO, SA, LI, VA, LA, KA, LE, BR, GO, AK, JA, JN.
    Notes: Max Damage on KA LE BR GO AK JN (Closed).
    Last hit doesn't connect on JN (Closed), JE, WO, TA. Combo without the last hit is Max Damage on Taka (Both Stances, 58dmg).

[4][6][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [9][K] (Wall Hit) -> [4][6][K][+][G] 75dmg
    Both Stances on everyone.
    Note: Max Damage on JN (Closed), JE, WO. Last hit doesn't connect on Superlightweights and Lightweights.

p.s.
    Max Damage = Max Damage I've found.
    I didn't use the "," between some characters because it's Max Damage in that stance on all of them.

R_Panda likes this.
  8. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Don't know where to post this so i'm posting it here.

I was at the dojo, using Brad vs Jeffry. Going through the combo list, encountered some discrepancies. Then i confirmed with wolf, jean, akira etc. Here's the list:

• [4][P][+][K] CH > [3][P][P] > [9][K] does 67 damage (not 70 as indicated) vs jeffry, wolf and akira. It only does 70 damage vs Jean because of a documented jean bug.
    • There are no jeffry & wolf combos for [6][K][+][G]!
    • I can get [6][K][+][G]> [3][P][P] > [9][K] for 71 vs jeffry, but i'm sure you guys can find something better :)
    • Went and tested with Jean, [6][K][+][G]> [4][P][+][K] > [4][4][P] > BT [2][P] > [9][K], the last hit whiffs. Even if i replace the [4][P][+][K] with a simple jab, the jumping knees still whiff.
    • [6][K][+][G]> [4][P][+][K] > [4][4][P] > BT [2][P] > [4][6][K][+][G] does 78 damage on Jean (not 82 as indicated).
    • [6][K][+][G]> [4][P][+][K] > [4][4][P] > BT [2][P] > [3][P][+][K][P] does 81 damage. So i'm guessing this is the max damage combo vs jean and should be mentioned in the combo list.
    • [6][K][+][G]> [4][P][+][K] > [4][4][P] > BT [2][P] does not bound vs akira from closed stance :( The good news is that replacing the [4][P][+][K] with a simple jab, enables the BT [2][P] to bound :)
    • [6][K][+][G]> [P] > [4][4][P] > BT [2][P] > [3][P][+][K][P] does 79 damage and appears to be the max vs akira. The [9][K] finisher still whiffs and the [4][6][K][+][G] only does 76 damage. So i'm guessing that's max damage vs akira, could be added to the list etc.
    • Ducking [P][+][K][P] > slipping [P][P][K] does 67 damage (so slipping [P][P][K][K] should do even more)
    • Also, slipping to opponents back is NOT required, as R_Panda mentioned above in this thread. Both slipping directions seem to work work as long as i slightly delay inputting the first slipping [P].
    • Ducking [P][+][K][P] > [4][4][P] > etc. doesn't seem to work. If it requires a special timing or a forward dash or something else it really should be mentioned - i've been trying all thse combos mentioned and can't get anything (besides the slipping [P] string ones) to work.
    • Ducking [P][+][K][P] > slipping [P][P][2][K] does 71 damage, both stances. Easy mode combo, no hit-throw timing required, plus the opponent recovers Face Up Head Towards, might be interesting to to add it to the combo list.
    • [1][P] CH > [2][P] > [3][P][+][K][P] actually works vs jeffry and wolf, on both stances (contrary to what is indicated). It requires a LONG delay, the timing is hard, but it works.
    • [1][P] CH > [2][P] > [9][K] works vs jeffry and wolf for 55 damage, both stances (4 damage less than the above combo). Easy mode combo vs the hevies, no timing required, again, might want to add it to the combo list.
    • [6_][K] CH > [3][P][P] > [6_][P] whiffs vs jeffry, wolf, akira, jean.

9. R_Panda

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda

• It's not a bug, it's working as intended (Jean just has a more powerful K than normal)

• [6][K][+][G]>[4][P][+][K]>[4][4][P]>BT[2][P]>[P]>[4][6][K][+][G] does 82 damage from both stances. Just have to do the first few hits at fastest timing.

• Yes you need to dash forward before the [4][4][P] (at least midscreen). The heavier the character, the faster you have to be.
    The hit-throw timing is easy, try to learn it asap. It's not really a just frame or anything, just hit K on the hit or block.

10. Libertine

erdraug was doing the combo incorrectly. He forgot the [P] before [9][K]/[4][6][K][+][G].

Anyway, yeah I still need to work on the combo list. It's just been a pain with all the other stuff I have to do. I'm going to have to test again for some of the [6][K][+][G] combos.

Another thing I haven't updated was Ducking [P][+][K][P]. [3][P][P] -> [9][K] also works on the heavyweights.

11. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Ok you brad [P][E][E][P]s i haven't seen at [4][6][P][+][K] @ wall stuff... so over the next week ill be creating combos that work on each of the characters. Most likely 1 per character to begin with. So if you [P][E][E][P]s have any input... let me know and ill add that in with my general stuff. @SoulTruth2013 @Libertine @Riskbreak @tonyfamilia @Heikou @allyouotherpeepsthatidontknowthetagfor :D

SoulTruth2013 and Riskbreak like this.
  12. SoulTruth2013

SoulTruth2013 Well-Known Member

Well it can be possible but most likely not. With [4][6][P][+][K], I usually do an alternate combo like [4][6][P][+][K] then [2][P][3][P][+][K][P] with [3][K] for the finish or
    [4][6][P][+][K][2][P][3][P][+][K][P] with [4][6][K][+][G] to finish. Or lol this as a very short combo, [4][6][P][+][K] (wall splat) and since the opponent won't bounce, I finish with
    [P][3][P][+][K][P] and [3][K] to finish it. So that's all I know with that input. But walls is impossible. I will do an experiment and come back if results come.

13. DK

I am looking solely for combos where the wall is at the back and p is guaranteed after 46p+k

14. DK

Ok peeps, I got uber busy with real life after Thursday and didnt have a chance to actually do this. :( yes i know, i suck. However peeps, if you keep some patience, i will be ready to get this little endeavor of mine complete by the end of December. As our good friend snake boss says " A little Pashuince goes a long distunce"

SoulTruth2013 likes this.
  15. DK

Alright, so I got a few minutes to work on a few of the [4][6][P][+][K] combos.
    I started off with dural just for fun although it has no practical application.

Dural (Closed Stance)* : [4][6][P][+][K] [6_][P] [9][P][+][K] [4][K][6][K][+][G] [4][4][P] BT[2][P] [6_][P] [1][P][+][K] [6][6][K]

Dural (Open Stance) : [4][6][P][+][K], [6_][P], [9][P][+][K], [2_][3][P], [1][P][+][K], [4][4][P] BT[2][P], [6][6][K]

*Works in open stance, but is very very inconsistent

I see pana has already started this for me, but i intend on finishing it
    MORE TO COME---> (Damage Values and combos for other characters)
    Stay Respectfully DCing peeps

Riskbreak likes this.
  16. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I was doing some practice with brad's combo and i noticed some mistake

[2_][3][P] > [4][4][P] > BT [2][P] > [P] > [3][P][+][K][P]

In the combo list says it's 81 but it's actually 84 (tested vs kage).

Also
    [4][P][+][K] CH > [3][P][P] > [9][K] is 67dmg not 70 as listed

Also i noticed some combos that requires a dash to be performed.
    I suggest to insert the dash in the commands for the combos like [x] > [6][6] > [Y]? Like in KPK as finisher where without a dash the last kick or first punch won't connect (tested vs kage)

I'm also failing to connect the basic combo after ducking [K][+][G] in closed stance vs kage, any reason why? is this a problem that happens only vs kage or am I just doing something wrong? I just input the hits in the buffer like I use to do with any combo.

Libertine likes this.
  17. Libertine

Thanks for showing me these mistakes. I'll correct them shortly.

I was debating whether I should add dash commands or not, since lots of combos require dashing in order to work. Perhaps I should add (dash) before the moves that require dashing.

What problem are you having with the Ducking K+G combo? Are you talking about Ducking K+G -> 2P -> P6PK? I've never encountered a problem with it before. Are you dashing before 2P?

Also, you always need to dash before KPK in combos, except for Aoi. When KPK is used in a Ducking P+KP combo, you never need to dash.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  18. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Oh, so a dash is required :/ again I suggest to list that at least in the notes, because with kage I was having trouble getting the b&b combos.

Thanks now it works perfectly.

Libertine likes this.
  19. Libertine

Alright, I'll add that information now.

20. Libertine

I've added dashing information where applicable, as well as some other changes.

Manjimaru likes this.