1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

gengkyuu2.mpg -- Aoi vs. Sarah Clip

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Chanchai, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been posted already on the forums, but...

<a target="_blank" href=http://homepage2.nifty.com/kokorin/genkyuu2.mpg>Aoi vs. Sarah (1 round)</a>
    Here's a clip that Feixaq pointed out to me. It's only a single round, but I found it enjoyable.

Also, check out the Lei vs. Kyasao clip which can be found at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.feixaq.com/vf4>Feixaq's site</a> as well as <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tees.ne.jp/~siva/haahaa.wmv>here</a>.

-Chanchai

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for posting these, they're great! I love watching Kyasao's Kage...I don't know why there aren't more clips of him on the 'Net. The white outfit looks really, really cool, and the sword is happening, but what's up with the hair!?!?!

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    check out the crazy Fan Chu action!

both players have a lot of mystery balls, ans it's cool how they all line up under the "winner", then go into the chest.

Spotnerd

4. Chanchai

Yeah, I personally enjoyed the clips. Don't know how many times I watched the Kyasao clip already...

However, speaking of costumes (and I do like Kage's costume--though it reminds me of DoA2/3).... Man! I wish VF4 US allowed you to pick various costumes with different buttons and combinations and what not.... arggh, drives me nuts seeing Japan have all these costumes and everywhere else having the same ones.

I never even thought I would ever care about costumes... but it's more or less the players in Japan having access to more and all these clips coming from Japan making me wish I could just access the costume.

As for Spotlite's remark, yeah... these guys are pretty ballsy.

-Chanchai

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Well, you "win" the costumes, don't you?

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

My thoughts on the Aoi vs Sarah match.

That Sarah player was under par. After the first throw he does a rising kick that begs to be punished. He should have rolled forward (back from Aoi) and got some space, maybe for a Flamingo activator. Aoi can only counter one height at a time, Sarah can hit at any level from the stance.

Not only did he fail to throw counter the double chop but he just stood there when he could have done Toe Kick-Punt Kick/Dragon Cannon and dealt serious damage to Aoi with a Punch variant.

Now, seeing as the Sarah user had been seriously spanked, he then decides to do a knee of all things and give the round away because when the Aoi player decides to do a stylish dodge and counter attack when he could of just thrown, the Sarah player doesn't tech roll or put any effort into rolling out of the way as the Aoi player had already attempted a PPPd+K before he decided to rub it in and pounce.

Everything else was inevitable.

An Aoi user should crap their pants when they face a good Sarah. Aoi is so light, Sarah can have a field day with her. But, "She'll just counter her kicks" you say, not if Sarah floats with a kick-punch or a Full Spin Dive, (which can't be countered) G-cancel, history would have been completely different then.

The guy didn't even attempt a chop-kick...

Nice mask though. Don't worry, it'll all be in the PS2 conversion.

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be a bitch n start screaming

" WHERE AM NEW TBZONE CLIPS!!!!"

hehehehe

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Got round to mirroring the genkyuu2 clip as "7 Vision Spheres (Aoi vs Sarah)" at VF4fx.

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

TBZ download has been down for a month. I think it might have been a bandwidth allotment issue.

But... I am uploading 25 new movies today from other sources. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

could ya link them here...for some reason, I can NEVER get them from your page...

11. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

But... I am uploading 25 new movies today from other sources.

Yeah, yeah/versus/images/icons/laugh.gifx5429

Waitaminnit...it'll take about 2~3 hours to download, each

Waaaaaaahhhhh/versus/images/icons/frown.gifx4872

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it wouldn't make a difference if I linked them here, because I've set the FTP to 7 clients max. I don't want to set maxclients to, like, 20, because then everyone would download at 2k/sec. Same thing would happen if I served it up using Apache web server.

CreeD gave some good tips awhile ago... use an FTP download client to connect to 63.64.84.184 and autoretry every 30 seconds... you'll get in soon enough. You can get some of the new Daioh clips directly from www.daioh.com, but they take down clips every day and replace them with new ones.

One last thing... I usually post the source ("downloaded from ...") together with the movie clips on VF4fx, so definitely see if you can download direct from the source (especially when it comes to new clips).

13. Chanchai

Daioh Clips

So do you have any of the Daioh clips (old ones) mirrored? Man, I never knew of this site, but thanks for letting us know of its existence.

The archivist in me doesn't want to miss out on stuff when they pop up ya know?

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Daioh Clips

Actually, Howard found the Daioh site through a Taiwanese BBS over the weekend... they seem to have a lot of high level players featured in the movies... the most recent Lei vs Akira clip is Emperor vs Emperor. Whoa...

Right now, Daioh only has 2 clips online, I have 4 mirrored... I sent an email out to the webmaster earlier to see if he would be interested in archiving the earlier clips on VF4fx... hopefully he'll say yes, but we'll wait and see...

15. ghostdog

I can't believe that I watch Japanese movie clips for the new outfits. That said, there's some pretty nice action in the matches. The Shun in this clip is a little boring (similar to mine), but effective. He drinks all the time, does lots of u+K and chouwan (but not many followups outside of a pounce), and abuses df+P, P, K-> P+K+G-> P+K (G). If it ain't broke, don't fix it, eh? Loved the costume by the way, and that is one HUGE jug!

The Sarah is interesting (for Sarah), and I liked Lei's Count Drac costume. The fighting wasn't so bad either, makes me want to go out and try out Lei a few times. Thanx for the find, FeixaQ and Segaduck...

16. ghostdog

Give it a rest, Adio. I wasn't being serious. <font color=red>Calm</font color=red> <font color=blue>down</font color=blue>. I played Sarah exclusively in VF1, played her, Akira, and Pai as my main characters in VF2, and played her and Akira in VF3ob. I even saved your <font color=orange>Sarah Combos</font color=orange> thread to my favorite threads, though I'm a little sick of seeing it on the board everyday. But that's just me.

And besides, if I really thought <font color=red>S</font color=red> <font color=white>a</font color=white> <font color=green>r</font color=green> <font color=white>a</font color=white> <font color=red>h</font color=red> was boring, do you think you would be able to change my opinion? Even if you talk about how good the <font color=yellow>Dragon Cannon</font color=yellow> is, or how any player should mess in their pants at the thought of facing a good Sarah, or write an essay about the benefits of the <font color=green>Flamingo Stance</font color=green>, at the end of the day, I would still think <font color=orange>S</font color=orange> <font color=red>a</font color=red> <font color=blue>r</font color=blue> <font color=red>a</font color=red> <font color=orange>h</font color=orange> is a boring character. Just because you think so highly of her, doesn't mean that everyone else has to.

17. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

OK. My sincere apologies.

18. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Who do you use?

I'm curious Ghostdog. Why do you find Sarah boring? And which character entertains you and why?

Indulge me.

19. ghostdog

Re: Who do you use?

I wasn't being serious.

In other words, I was kidding. I've played her more than any character in almost every VF installment, other than Akira. I put that in my first post. I'm having a hard time getting into her now because I'm trying to learn more about Vanessa and Shun, and stay consistent with Lau, Aoi, and Akira. I have an interest in all of the characters. Akira, Lau, and Aoi more than others. So, in case I have to post it in black and white, <font color=white>I</font color=white> don't find <font color=white>Sarah</font color=white> boring.

I feel like I'm being interviewed!

Look, I respect your devotion to one character (I'm not just saying that), but I can't understand why you play Sarah exclusively when there so much about the other characters that's interesting. But, it's your prerogative.

20. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Re: Who do you use?

I noted your humour in my initial question and I'm not trying to piss you off. I was just curious that's all. I use Sarah exclusively because I like characters with a lot of kick attacks and a sense of style and a touch of aggression.

In previous versions I used Kage, Lion and Jacky but over time I developed an interest in Sarah that transcended the others. I came to the conclusion that if anyone can beat anyone else, I didn't need to learn another character. That was VF2, ever since, Sarah is the only character for me.

The End.