1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Georgia VF Players

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ToyDingo, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Is there a VF scene in the dirty south? I feel like I'm the only player here...

It's getting lonely guys. [​IMG]

2. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    ha! i remember when i said that years ago. GA players, especially ATL players lurk alot. but im sure blackstar & co. are around here somewhere... as well as JDash

3. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    We need a local gathering or something...

I can easily, EASILY, find meet ups for Street Fighter or Tekken. But at the sheer utterance of the words "Virtua Fighter" and I get two responses: "What the fuck are you talking about?" or "Oh that game with the Ryu wannabe that can't shoot fireballs? Pfft, that ain't a real game son!"

~sigh~ So sad, so sad...:(

nou likes this.
  4. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    i play VF and if by play you mean mash buttons

5. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    You play/mash VF? what part of GA are you in?

6. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    i live in snellville. also Black Belts arcades has started a weekly meetup and tournament for ATL i think if we can get some poeple to commit to showing up we could get them to add VF to the game list

7. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Whoa, what?

Where is Black Belt Arcades? I will fully commit to a meet up and drag my friends there kicking and screaming.

More details please....

8. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    well let me know what the deal is.

I have a streaming system, so if people are willing to go (and IF I have money to go, I'm 30 min below Macon), I can put it on twitch.

9. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Belt-Arcades/104721276369689

Dafuq!? This place is in Stone Mountain!? I live like 15 minutes away, why was I not aware of this!!!!

*Realizing there's a chance of a scene starting in GA* Seriously, coolcmcgee, get some details and I'll volunteer to throw up ads and flyers all over the city...

10. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I'd be willing to show up, depending on the date. Who else would want to come?

11. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    we dont have a date yet but i wanted to see if we had some players that were willing to come before i talked to the tournament director

12. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I don't know how many GA players are on these forums. Including myself and Blackstar, I know of a total of about 5 users here near Atlanta.

Yet, like Shidosha mentioned, ATL players tend to lurk alot. I'm confident with some sort of announcement you'd get a fair number of players to suddenly show up.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  13. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    alright i will hit up black belt arcades

14. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    and i quote from Black Belt Arcades: VF is very territorial and it's pretty tough getting VF players to come out. I have no problem adding it to the list though. Thanks for your input! :)

ToyDingo and BLACKSTAR like this.
  15. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I'm glad to see that the guys at BBA are open to having VF

16. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Excellent news.

Any further information on when it'll first appear on the roster? Time? Any other special stuff that should be known?

17. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    at the least i imagine they will start having it the week after Final Round but i really dont know. it will probably be ran on 360

18. iWynne

iWynne New Member

PSN:
    HellStorm80
    XBL:
    HellStorm80
    Im done on joining you guys at Black Belts. Just let me know when to show up

19. BlondieVF5

BlondieVF5 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    For some of you Georgia guys, Blackstar and anyone else thinking of coming to CEO next month. I'll be hosting anyone that wants to play offline in orlando. Going to try to get Gent thief and company over at the house too. Should be fun, hit me up if you are planning on coming 904 520 3050 or chrisenlow81@hotmail.com

20. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    As of now I know of 3 "gathering spots" that could work if we ever happen to form a VF scene in/near Atlanta.

Black Belts seems to be a good spot but so far they have been doing tourneys with other games, right now they are on Injustice. But they seem open to casuals.

Gamers Xperience in Lithonia looks like a good spot as well (http://www.gxgaming.com/). I spoke with the owner however, and he mentions that they rarely if ever do VF tourneys or gatherings as nobody plays it :(

Battle and Brew in Marietta near the SPSU campus. Good spot to play any game, get some beer a meet folks. It's within walking distance of a college and driving distance of another, so other potential players are near.

Just a thought, I'm really hoping we can ge a scene started around here.