1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Georgia VF Players

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ToyDingo, Jul 12, 2012.

1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    TBH, you guys are going to have to go to one of these places and set a time where you want to have an ATL meetup. Run it as a casual session -- you only need two players for that, and if a group shows up, the next time you can do something bigger, like run a round robin. Plan ahead and post up here. If I don't run into more money problems, I'll try my best to be there.

But its pointless to go to other spots to see if they are already planning some VF gatherings themselves -- they are not. Believe me, I tried. But at least you have a list of good places where you can set up a VF casual session yourselves. We will have to show those guys that people play VF before they actually get off their butts and do something for our scene

2. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I've been to the last 2 CEOs, and its starting to become like some tradition for our small town scene to go, but tbh CEO is kinda looking iffy for me this year. I'd say its 50/50 for me. SEGA Cup kinda drained me, and a VF-less CEO didn't really interest me. But since you are planning some VF-related stuff, I'm actually more inclined to go now, so we'll see.

3. iWynne

iWynne New Member

PSN:
    HellStorm80
    XBL:
    HellStorm80
    I agree with BlackStar. One of us should choose a day to go to Black belts and then play some casuals. Im really free any time of the day after 1pm.

4. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Alright, ATL peeps. There's gonna be a few people dropping buy for VF casuals at Battle and Brew this thursday at 8pm. Come drop by (though you might need to bring some cash)!

5. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    anybody trying to get some games anytime soon?

6. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Name the time and the place and I'll do my best to get there. I missed the last time Blackstar was in town due to work. Hopefully, that won't happen again.

7. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
  8. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    how do you guys feel about going to BattlenBrew the 25th

9. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

The GA champion demand you show non-broke images.

ToyDingo likes this.
  10. Blitzkreig

Blitzkreig Member

Hello fellow Virtuafighter players , My name is Fred Campbell , People call me Blitzkrieg. I recently ran a DOA tournament out of GamersXperience. We were thinking about doing anther tournament in about 3 or 4 months and i was wondering , if We added Virtuafighter 5 , Would any of you be willing to attend ?

11. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    GamersXperience is in Lithonia. SouthEast of the city just outside the perimeter. I'd be down for coming out. I've never been to the place, but had a buddy that went, he had good things to say.

Sounds like fun...

12. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    i will be there to lose

13. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I can show up

14. coolcmcgee

coolcmcgee Member

XBL:
    coolcmcgee
    would it be possible to add Soulcalibur 5 as well?

15. Blitzkreig

Blitzkreig Member

I could look into to adding SC5 as well , I play both of those games although I am not as good at them as I am At DOA. But we will see i am still Working out the details. Stay tuned and I will keep you guys updated.

coolcmcgee and ToyDingo like this.
  16. Blitzkreig

Blitzkreig Member

O.k Peeps , I have Good news , Bad news , And other news.

The Good News is that I can Add Virtuafighter 5 , and Soul Calibur V to the upcoming tournament.

The Bad news is that Atlanta recently Lost one of it's most Prominent Members of the fighting game community.

the other news is that the tournament will be held in his honor. and as such all proceeds will go to his family. So i am sorry to say there will be no prize money. you will simply be Fighting for Prestige.

I will post the details when they are finalized , But Looking at mid November!

ToyDingo and BLACKSTAR like this.
  17. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I'll be there

18. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN