1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting a needed ranked character to appear

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Shadowdean, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Ok, I am stuck on having a champion ranked Sarah, for the last 2 vf kumite sessions, each over 2.5 hours, I fought a <font color="red"> </font color> total <font color="black"> </font color> of 3 champion ranked characters. Is there some needed conditions to make same-ranked characters appear to fight?

2. Tripp

Tripp Member

Nope

3. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

I've always found exiting and re-entering Kumite to work...or, even going so far as to shut the PS2 down, then start up again...the CPU seems to give you more same rank opponents right away...

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I tried that and it did not work...arg, this is pissing the hell out of me...I just faught like 15 3-8th dan opponents...

5. TomDC85

TomDC85 Well-Known Member

No rules, just luck. Long win steaks seem to help. Like busses, none for 200 wins, then 50 in a row. I NEVER seem to fight HakushonLM, a high king with the last two of three items i need for Lau. Saw him once, but he was in the wrong goddam costume.

6. BananaClips

BananaClips Member

^^^^
    i'm jacky and i fought HakushonLM already a lotta times. it's funny how nobody gets to fight the ranks or players he needs.

i'm subjugator and i had already beaten 9 outta 10 subjugators to advance to stormlord. guess what i played for 3 hours and no fuckin subjugator appeared. 70 fights man.

the problem is that to become stormlord u cant just quit and restart, cause otherwise you'll become a demonlord with +12 victory points. u need a 10 win streak.

7. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

Sorry but I don't believe what your saying about becoming stormlord is true. You need to defeat 10 same rank opponents consecutively, it does not have to be a '10 win streak'. For example, if you defeat 4 Subjugators, quit Kumite, save, and then come back and beat a further 6 Subjugators (with no losses to subjugators at all) you will advance to stormlord. Once your at battle/dragon lord rank and you need to beat 20 same rank opponents consecutively, the exact same is true, in fact, me and many other people use this cheat, say you have beaten 6 same rank opponents in a row, and then shock-horror, your about to lose to a same rank opponent. What to do? just press start, quit save and return to kumite with your 6 consecutive wins intact. I had beaten 19 dragonlords and was just about to lose on the 20th!! did i quit? OF BLOODY COURSE!!. Now im highking i play 'fair' (i don't care i get to keep the rank) and boy is my percentage dropping.
    notes: played through with vanessa using cheap styles all the way, so i could get dural, her stage and all nessa's items.