1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

getting items through vs. mode

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by tribaL, Jan 18, 2007.

1. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

i'm attempting to get character items through vs. mode. i haven't really tried before, i kinda just picked some stuff through quest mode.

so, i'm checking out this faq http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4_items_faq_wayne.txt and it doesn't seem like any of the methods are really working for me. i'm playing as vanessa, and i'm trying to get her short hair (doing 3k hold over and over again). i've played about 20 matches in a row, only using her 3k hold move, and i have yet to get the short hair item. i tried to get her army beret (doing step p+k+g move over and over again and win with an excellent), and still no item.

i'm playing vf4:evo. is there something i'm doing wrong?

also, she is 4th dan, and i have it set on "simple setting" (1 round, 160 health, 60 seconds). i've tried using 3 rounds with normal health, and still nothing.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  3. SliceOfPai

SliceOfPai Well-Known Member

Gah, he beat me to it, but yeah. As for what you're doin wrong, pal? You're not playing Quest Mode. Items can be obtained in Vs. mode via the prize fights, but those occur once every blue moon with yellow stripes. If you're gonna use the Vs. dummy trick, at least use it to get your character's black outfit, which is obtained by losing 100 matches.

4. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

crap. aight, thanks.