1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting out of throws - Help please

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Akhet, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Akhet

Akhet Member

i have used the tutorial for getting out of throws but i still dont really get it

2. JoJoBiZARrE

JoJoBiZARrE Member

as soon as someone throws you by just pressing P+G... press the P+G buttons to escape it... it's more complicated with "special throws"...the button combonation of the "special throw" determines the buttons you have to press.

for example: to escape a throw command f+P+G. press f+P+G. to escape d+P+G, press d+P+G. and so on and so forth and blah blah blah... get it?!?!?

3. clash103

clash103 Member

I have the same problem...I'm a total newbie.

I think I understand, I can just never get my timing down.

-Clash

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

You can't react to being thrown and then escape the throw. The throw escape window is too small. You basically have to be entering in your escape at the same time your opponent enters his throw command. If you do a throw counterable move that was blocked, say like Wolf's knee, enter a double throw escape in during the knee's recovery and then hold down guard. If you guessed right you'll reverse a throw, or block any attack slower than the fastest punches in the game.

You have to anticipate that your opponent will throw you, not react to being thrown.
    The same statement holds true for attack reversals. You have to guess what's coming.
    Yomi-- reading your opponent/his attack patterns and throw tendencies.