1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Started with Sarah

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by ToastedHampster, Jul 16, 2011.

1. ToastedHampster

ToastedHampster New Member

what are some good moves to know

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    What a lazy question. All of them is the answer. Different moves for different situations. If Sarah is going to be your character then use the Dojo mode to learn all her moves. A good starting point for the applications of the moves is;

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/doku.php?id=vf5:sarah:strategy

3. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    LOLOLOL ^^

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Eh, judging from their joindate i'm gonna guess he/she doesn't know enough about the game to ask in more detail.

5. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    My answer wasn't wrong though. There are no shortcuts and the wiki is a very good place to start.

This thread should be renamed so it will be of use to other new players with similar questions. "master" doesn't mean or suggest anything.

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Nah, not wrong at all ...just came off a bit elitist imo. Luckily I know you better than that [​IMG]

Anyway back to the OP, i'm not familiar enough with Sarah to suggest anything. There's a few decent Sarah players round these parts, maybe they could add something or point you in the right direction.

7. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    In VirtuaFighter all characters have different moves (for the most part).

All characters have certain categories of moves for example,All characters have:

throws
    throw escapes
    offensive evades
    defensive evades
    punches
    kicks
    jumps
    high-mid block
    low block
    forward dash
    backward dash
    run/walk
    reversals

Learn as many moves and categories of moves as are necessary for you to only lose when you choose to lose

8. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I was typing in a rush. The wiki was written by a good Sarah player and covers all a newer player need know quite nicely. And i am elitist. Massively so [​IMG]

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Agreed. Thread renamed.

Also, most character forums have a "top 10 moves" thread that's worth checking out: Top 10 Favorite moves with Sarah