1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

giant swing

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by AlexMD, Jul 9, 2000.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I know aoi is the best at struggling but who is the best at getting up off the ground.I thought shun was in vf2 but what about 3 please tell me he can roll away from giant swing pick up.I was wondering why in the shun versus wolf vf clip why wolf didn't follow up GS with ground pick up trying not to be cheap? or thought he'd recover to quick?.

2. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

I know aoi is the best at struggling

I don't know where you heard that.

who is the best at getting up off the ground

You mean how fast each character gets up? or...who has more options when getting up? As for the speed, Taka is the only one who is noticebly different. Most of the time, he is slow and eats many pounces that are not guaranteed for other characters. On the other hand, he also gets up insanely fast in certain situations (e.g. Jacky's d/f, d/f+PG > pounce rarely connects against Taka, even for an average struggler).

please tell me he can roll away from giant swing pick up

GS > Pickup is guaranteed in the DC version of VF3TB, unless there are extreme terrains.

why wolf didn't follow up GS with ground pick up trying not to be cheap? or thought he'd recover to quick?.

On the contrary, GS > pickup is NOT guaranteed in the arcade version, except for the Shun stage where success rate is very high.

...there is no such term as "cheapness" in those tournament plays. So called "honor" is long gone in VF3TB, as far as Japan is concerned.

I wish I could show you Kage player Shinsodan-away for the whole round on the desert stage.

3. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    hehee actually you cannot do GS pickup to Taka on DC VF3tb.

CrewNYC (Andy)

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

4. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of stuff that Taka is strangely
    exempt to. For instance: After Aoi's FC throw you can
    perform her ground attack (df+P+G) as a guaranteed
    follow-up on everone except Taka. Damn that fat man.

GE

5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

add to that shun's back throw after d/f+PG, works
    on everyone but taka (although a side throw is
    guaranteed, not sure on this 100% tho)

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

hey adam, are you sure you cant GS--pick up taka?
    i tried in training mode in difficulty setting 9
    and it works 100% of the time. sure i need a
    human player to test it more effectevely (s?),
    but at level 9 the computer is very quick getting
    up.

here' the trick; GS--run--stop about HALF
    WAY--pick up taka

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>