1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

God fist!!!!!!!!????????

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by newuser, Apr 10, 2002.

1. newuser

newuser Member

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Gotta love that VF2 Saturn Senbon action! And then some! (Thanks New_User)

http://plaza29.mbn.or.jp/~x68kvf/vtr/du_6kp12_.mpg

http://plaza29.mbn.or.jp/~x68kvf/vtr/dash3305.mpg

http://plaza29.mbn.or.jp/~x68kvf/vtr/kakosokudan5_.mpg

http://plaza29.mbn.or.jp/~x68kvf/vtr/aktyopk.mpg

http://plaza29.mbn.or.jp/~x68kvf/vtr/sa6krp_.mpg

http://plaza29.mbn.or.jp/~x68kvf/vtr/je6kp_.mpg

3. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

christ...

in case you have trouble connecting or whatever, the first video (which is typical of the rest, except for the inhumanly well-synched crouch dashing exhibitions) is Akira vs. Pai in a 'setup' situaion (i.e., it's not an actual fight). Pai has full life at the start.

Akira does:

stumble throw (b,d+P+G)
    SJK (f,f+K) for the float
    *14* senbon punches (P,K,G x 14)
    yoho (d/f, d/f+P) for KO.

Awesome =]

grib.

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Okay, the VF4 Akira crouch dashing... is it one controller routed into two ports via a splitter? It's almost too well synchronized to be true! ^_^

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thread moved to Media.

6. newuser

newuser Member

i think it's impossible to human.
    it's machine...

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Not humanly possible. The Sarah shun-puri combos should show it pretty clearly. If it isn't the work of a programmable controller or some such thing, then it's a miracle of baby jesus.

8. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Explanation of the combos, LONG

Well, those are Saturn combos, hence the float height... but I'll elaborate anyway. Btw, A VF2 combo requires 200 points to drain the whole bar, so don't be fooled by his energy settings! Only two of those are actually 100%...

ak_jtp13y.mpg
    Akira vs Pai: b,d+P+G throw -> f,F,K -> P,K,G (13x) -> df,DF,P - damage: 220 (100%)

Not humanly possible because:
    * The timing on the first PKG must be strict to the frame, you can't start throwing senbons right away because in such case 13 wouldn't connect.
    * Those PKGs are PERFECT... which means pressing G -> P in 2 frames, and to-the-frame timing on the G after K.
    * If you've played VF2, you know how hard it is to put a yoho in the end of a float, again, super strict timing.

ak_iai.mpg
    Akira vs Akira: MC F+K,12G -> change stance -> F+K,12G -> F+K,12G -> df,df,b,f+P - damage: 135

Boooo! Prefectly doable! Old stuff...

akjtp_iai.mpg
    Akira vs Akira: b,d+P+G throw -> f,F,K -> P,K,G (8x) -> F+K,12G -> df,df,b,f+P - damage: 180

That one's actually doable:
    * You can start PKG'ing right away since Akira's way heavier than Pai, therefore floats lower.
    * My only doubt is the seamless iaigeri -> DbPm... think of the motions, F+K,G-cancel in 11th/12th frame,[1fr],df,[1fr],df,[1fr],b,[1fr],f+P. I've slowed it down, and everything's on spot, so NO WAY it's a human. The window for m-DbPm is actually pretty wide but he does it instantly.

aktyopk.mpg
    Akira vs Akira: P,K,G -> F+K,12G -> P,K,G (x2) -> F+K,12G -> df,df,b,f+P - damage: 120

That's not a combo, by the way... hardly doable but:
    * Timing on the first PKG -> iai transition!

du_6kp12_.mpg
    Dural vs Pai: MC f+K -> P,K,G (13x) -> f+P,b+K - damage: 219 (100%)

Again, not humanly possible:
    * Super strict timing on the first PKG; am I seeing a slight dash buffer-cancel-hold too?
    * Dural has Kage's punches and senbons... they're all perfect to the frame, again.

je6kp-.mpg
    Jeffry vs Pai: MC f+K -> P,K,G (7x) -> db,f+P+K - damage: 183

Doable, not that hard. Booooo! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

kakosokudan5_.mpg
    Kage vs Pai: b+P throw -> f,F -> db+P,K,G (4x) -> db+P,P,P,K - damage: 122

Possible but hard:
    * After TFT, you have to dash and HOLD the last motion (therefore f,F in transcript), again very strict timing!
    * Since he connects so many db+PKGs, I might suspect a slight cheat (that is, programming the controller to actually do "db+P,K,f+G") but it might not be the case, since connecting 4x db+PKG into PPx variant is possible without much problems in arcade.

sa_3rpk.mpg
    Sarah vs Pai: MC TT b+P,K,G -> TT P,K,G -> TT P,K,G -> TT K - damage: 72

Not humanly possible:
    * Two words, consecutive shun-puris... it's possible to do the first two but I always mock the 3rd, no matter what I do - that's because first one is a starter (I might say "standing starter" in sports terminology). No way someone can do those consecutively. A shunpuri is done by buffering a CD motion, then b+K,G-cancel (so in case of our combo, df,df,b+K,G -> P,K,G -> repeat - try doing that a couple of times /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    * Seamless execution, as usual...

sa_6krp_.mpg
    Sarah vs Pai: MC f+K -> TT P,K,G -> TT P,K,G -> P,K,G (3x) -> P,P,P,K - damage: 147

Not humanly possible:
    * Sure, it's possible to connect the shun-puri -> TT PKG after a knee, but not with such perfect timing.
    * Again, all the PKGs are perfect to the frame.

wo6kp_.mpg
    Wolf vs Pai: MC f+K -> P,K,G (7x) -> b,f+P - damage: 163

Doable, the heavies' senbons are way easier! But:
    * Have to maintain super strict timing after the knee, and almost all the PKGs must be on spot (maybe except the last ones, which are actually easier to connect).

There might be some mistakes in damages... hope you enjoyed the explanation /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yah!
    u n rich tell em!

10. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. These are not real /versus/images/icons/smile.gif But very fun to watch as you can see what is possible if you were a machine.

cheers,

11. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

lol stuff the juggle vids, i love those dancing vids!

new akira dance has been UPDATED ^o^

12. Neo_Weltall

Neo_Weltall New Member

HOLY GOD THE DASH WAS HILARIOUS!! DUDE, I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT SARAH'S COMBO COULD BE CONNECTED THAT PERFECTLY OR NOT, BUT THAT DASH WAS HILARIOUS!!! INGENIOUS!! HAHAHAHA!!!

13. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Hehe, this is SO sad... people are going crazy about a sequence that can be done in 10 seconds /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

14. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

I don't mind whether is machine or people. As long as it is captured on the video and they willing to share the experience, I am happy. I was really laughing when I see the Akira's CD dance. And it's in VF4! Like two martial artists doing tango... haaa haa haa... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

SG-Lion

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: Explanation of the combos, LONG

Nice transcript.

aktyopk.mpg
    Akira vs Akira: P,K,G -> F+K,12G -> P,K,G (x2) -> F+K,12G -> df,df,b,f+P - damage: 120

That's not a combo, by the way...

Just out of curiousity (I think I agree here) how did you figure out it's not a true combo? A pk is a true combo, and in VF3 the k in PK is 12 frames, .. and recovery from akira's VF3 punch is 12 frames. What's the maximum number of frames you can save with a PKG therefore, 10?

So assuming a normal PK is barely a combo, the PKG --> K should not be without a MC. What about with a MC?

16. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

What the bloody hell... ok...

I liked those VF2 movies a lot, since the only VF2 footage I ever saw was that Akirakid combo movie. VF2 looks so good... it actually has that appealing 'fun factor.' IMO it looks, sounds, and (according to some of you guys...) plays a lot better than VF3. And as a newcomer to VF, I can say that it looks like there is instant fun to be had with VF2, as opposed to VF3 where I was trying very hard to appreciate it at all, let alone as the super Tekken-beater the series has been touted as. Gawd... I started on the wrong game! /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

The VF4 movies are great too. I was actually able to get more from <a target="_blank" href=http://plaza29.mbn.or.jp/~x68kvf/vtr/>here.</a> I was just trying to get the name of the site, which I guess is 1/60sec. (now how do I name a folder that...)

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The VF4 movies are great too. I was actually able to get more from <a target="_blank" href=http://plaza29.mbn.or.jp/~x68kvf/vtr/>here</a>. I was just trying to get the name of the site, which I guess is 1/60sec.

This site has some great information, and worth checking out if you already haven't. It's in Japanese, so use an online translator if you need to.

(now how do I name a folder that...)

How about One Frame? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Though you could just name it 1-60sec or 1_60sec.

18. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I mean, the guy must've taken some time to program his controller or whatever to do those VF2 combos... but for CD exhibitions, how hard is plugging one controller into two ports by a splitter and doing a few df,df and db,db?

19. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Re: Explanation of the combos, LONG

the PKG, IAI is a true combo. I know because that's the reason Jo Shun would only want to play VF2.1 when Llanfair was about. He had the resolution to PKG (mC) into IAI. Jo Hated that.

This is nothing different than Jeff being able to PKG,D+P+K (hellstab) as a combo off of a counter situation, or even the way multiple PKGs can chain together. except that I've only met one person who can do it. It is not easy.

GE
    -I also remember hearing that at the end of VF2's life span in the arcades the popular counter for Sarah's Elbow Knee by Akira was no longer PK but became PKG-bodycheck [PbKbGf+P+K]

20. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

VF2 PKG mechanics...

I did some calculations, and I must say that I was wrong saying mC PKG -> iaigeri is not a true combo. Out of boredom, let me elaborate on the matter of PKGs...

PKG:
    ex-co-re : 9-2-1*
    damage : 10 on normal hit, 12 on mC, 15 on MC
    hit stun : 10 frames on normal hit, 12 on mC, 12 on MC

* Senbon has 1 frame of recovery, not 0!

Iaigeri:
    ex-co-re : 11-1-4*
    damage: 30 on normal hit, 38 on mC, 45 on MC (irrelevant)
    hit stun: well it knocks down every time, besides, it's irrelevant here

* Despite some people thinking it has 0 or 1 frame of recovery, the effective recovery is really 4 frames - the kick is being retracted after all, just a lot quicker.

Now for the unescapable strings:

PKG -> PKG -> ...
    9-2-(opponent stunned for 10 frames)-1-9-2-(stun) etc.

Calculations for mC/MC are irrelevant. As you can see the senbon punches must be perfect to the frame (on normal hit) in order for the whole string to hit. Note: I've seen many opponents getting hit by non-flawless PKGs within a senbon cheat string but that was only because they were trying to actually do something instead of just holding Guard.

PKG -> iaigeri
    normal hit: 9-2-(10 frame stun)-1-12-1-4 - that's blocked, since Akira is 3 frames behind;
    mC: 9-2-(12 frame stun)-1-11-1-4 - hits, barely but it does;
    MC: 9-2-(12 frame stun)-1-11-1-4 - also hits, as both mC/MC PKGs cause the same stun;

GodEater mentioned PKG -> body check as a counter; now it's easy to check it:

PKG -> b,f,f+P+K (I'll leave the extraodinary motion input out for clarity's sake)
    mC: 9-2-(12 frame stun)-1-11-3-42 - hits if executed without slips;

One more thing: with Akira, unless range is extremely short, there are no guaranteed throws on any type of PKG hits. Why? PKG hits stun but Akira will almost never be in range to throw instantly, a dash/crouch dash is required. Since Jeffry and Wolf have bigger range on their throws, they can score those even with dashes - they're allowed to execute the motions faster (read: while being further away). So in case of Jeff's XPD, you buffer a CD with df,DF and smack on P+K in the correct moment. With Akira, you'd have to wait until you're nearer, therefore allowing the stun to end.