1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh 33P+G best wall combos?

Discussion in 'Goh' started by social_ruin, Jan 16, 2015.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

I spent quite some time trying to find this on the dojo, but unfortunately couldn't locate the desired info. Thus i decided to crowd source my fellow Goh enthusiasts.

What are the best wall combos off of this throw?

Thanks to all who apply.

2. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    I guess you're talking about 2_6 P+G ( you can indeed input crouchdash and 6 P+G);

There's a video here and some useful tips by Combolammas below( he has tested, seems only for El Blaze and inconsistant)
    Usually I'm just going with 46 P+K P 6P ( + shoulder if you think your opponent won't tech).

3. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    vs. Sarah/Lion/Vanessa:
    2_6P+G W! 4P+K P 6KP+G

vs. Aoi/Eileen:
    2_6P+G W! (dash) 4P+K P 66P+K 3PP 2_3P+K

vs. El Blaze:
    2_6P+G W! 2P 4K 6_P 9P+K 6KP+G

MarlyJay likes this.
  4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I hate this throw in FS.

Unless the opponent is a light weight I'd pass the that throw completely. It's finicky as hell.

On most of the cast what you are getting is either
    2P, 46P+K,P,6P
    6_P, 46P+K,P,6P
    46P+K,P,6P

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. A slight angle to the other direction will probably screw the whole combo. Sometimes the first hit requires delay but sometimes it doesn't and it also seems character / angle specific. Depending on the angle and character the last hit of the 3 hit string might just whiff. And all of those do less damage than hcf+P+G or wallthrows so all it's got going for it is forcing tech oki and keeping the opponent kinda next to the wall.

While it's not about combos it's pretty much Goh's only throw that has ringout potential forward. On the other hand it's got this special escape animation that probably forces you to ring yourself out if the opponent escapes it when you try to RO with it so it's mostly not worth that either.

5. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I dont know what happened to my brain when i wrote the subject line :/ lol. At any rate i thought the fault in it not always working was me. But after reading the replies i think i too will just not use it at all. Trying to squeeze every ounce of damage out of goh, but not at the cost of consistency.

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015