1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh: Final Tuned

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Myke, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Goh

Utilise his attacks to the greatest extent.
    Paying attention to his new attacks, and then thinking about the overall changes in his fighting style. Let's check the new moves qualities thoroughly.
    Text - Astro

Let's check his changes in fighting style

In saying that Goh's fighting style has been changed greatly, an example is the [P][K] which has been changed to midweight punch counterable. Also, the [P][K] on hit is disadvantaged to -1, so the ability to use it is fairly questionable.

The next point that is of importance is the moves that can be used when separated from the the opponent. The main three are [K], [4][6][K] and [6][6][P]. The [K] is, as has been the case up until now, able to be used as one of his main moves. The [4][6][K] does not stomach crumple on CH in this version, so from mid range the [6][6][K] should be used instead.

This move causes vital area crumple, and can be followed with another [6][6][K] or [K], with good damage. On normal hit it's +2, and on guard it's -4, so there's no guaranteed counter. On normal hit, you can apply the mixup of [3][P] or any type of throw, so it's a great technique. Try to verify the hit as quickly as possible, and don't let up after it connects. The one problem with the move is that the execution isn't that great, so you should try not to use it too much when only having a small advantage.

About the Change Moves

The A2 [4][P] can knock down on CH, and there are moves that will connect after this. It's a strong move that at 16 frames you should use where your [6][K] would be interrupted by the opponents [2][P].

On the other hand, the B2 [6][6][P]+[G] is a catch throw, but its strength is that its execution is quicker than the B1 [6][6][P]+[G].

Captions

- [6][6][K], on normal hit, it's now +2. You need to be able to verify your hit in an instant.
    - When at +4, the [6][K] will be beaten by an opponent's [2][P]. But, his A2 [4][P] will beat out the [2][P], and you can follow up with other attacks, so expect good damage.

Footnotes

Change moves - the A2 [4][P] on CH will alow P, then [K] to connect. You can also swap the [K] for a crouch buffered [2_][6][P]+[K]. Also, the B2 [6][6][P]+[G] is quick to execute and will go into tsukami if successful. This is advantageous to use against an opponent's tech roll.

Source: Arcadia Issue 52
    Translated by: noodalls

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I've seen a type of elbow that makes goh backturned, the commandinput looks to be of the [4][4][P] type and it looked really fast. Can someone say anything about this move?

Thx.

/KiwE

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Aiii, it looks like what they're saying is A2 is definitely better than A1. Another Kage chop problem when people don't have VF.net...

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

great work myke!

couple of thoughts... for the PK combo, the proporties remind me a heck of alot like shun's PK combo. they are both -1 on hit and both cancel into BT, but i dont know what shun's block proporties are off the top of my head. i reckon there are two main uses here.

1. at -1, use shlrm to beat out opp's low P or alot of other attacks for that matter, kindda like when shun uses his mule kick. with this i reckon you could still play a 2 choice game with the opponent with attack or throw, but that's pure speculation.

2. use the BT proporties like shun, the only thing is i dont know anything about goh's new BT game other than he has a new throw, so i dont know how useful that would be.

do you mean that it's actually -12 blocked!? that is really harsh. possibly a silly question, but that doesnt mean that goh will get a guaranteed throw or attack regardless of going BT right?

about goh's A1 and A2, although the A2 seems better, i also heard the original B+P had changed propoties slightly, can someone confirm this? even so i still like to use it for it's incredable advantage setups. i reckon it's still something to toy around with regardless.

the b,f+k now only crumbles on sabaki (which kindda makes more sense other than i wish it had it's EVO.A MC proporties back atleast).

goh's new ff+k sounds incredable!!./versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif what is it's exe?

----------

edit: do you know anything about his judo roll? does it duck mids?

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    BK__ said:

great work myke!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be thanking noodalls for the translation! I'm just playing the messenger again /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regarding [P][K]:
    [ QUOTE ]
    do you mean that it's actually -12 blocked!? that is really harsh. possibly a silly question, but that doesnt mean that goh will get a guaranteed throw or attack regardless of going BT right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that came out wrong. It's definitely not -12 on guard. What they mean is Goh finally has a decent mid-weight punch counterable tool -- his [P][K]. It's guaranteed damage and sets up a guessing game afterwards, which I think you've correctly deduced. BTW, the guard stats are -6 or -2 if you recover BT (this is from 1/60).

[ QUOTE ]
    about goh's A1 and A2, although the A2 seems better, i also heard the original B+P had changed propoties slightly, can someone confirm this? even so i still like to use it for it's incredable advantage setups. i reckon it's still something to toy around with regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only changed properties that 1/60 currently shows for A1 is that it now does more damage:

Evo [4][P] : dmg = 16, exe = 17, grd/hit/MC = -6/+4/+11
    FT A1 [4][P] : dmg = 20, exe = 17, grd/hit/MC = -6/+4/+11
    FT A2 [4][P] : dmg = 16, exe = 16, grd/hit/MC = -6/+2/down

[ QUOTE ]
    goh's new ff+k sounds incredable!!./versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif what is it's exe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. 1/60 doesn't have data for it yet, but I'm guessing around the 20 frame mark.

[ QUOTE ]
    edit: do you know anything about his judo roll? does it duck mids?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know, sorry.

6. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    BK__ said:

do you know anything about his judo roll? does it duck mids?

[/ QUOTE ]

Goh roll only appears to duck under high attacks. IMO, using it is just asking to be clobbered. Howver, I've only fooled around with Goh and don't seriously play him so this isn't gospel. Goh Just doesn't feel as powered up as some of the other characters, which is a shame because he need it.

kbcat

7. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I wonder how much both new rolls (gohs and leis) will be used exept initially against people not used to it. I saw this one Lei vs Van match where everytime the Lei would go into his roll to setup a guessinggame the Van would simply stagger him (although she could've gone for a lowthrow) with a sidekick. A sidekick (that's 16frames) ffs. The Van did it like 3 times and then the Lei stopped rolling simple as that. This was like a big 'wow' for me cause I knew about the risk of lowthrow etc ofc from the first new technique clips but this blew my mind.

Nobody with info about that elbow > backturned yet? It was showcased in goh02.asf on the page of new moves.

/KiwE

8. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Wtf am I supposed to do after an MC Knee, these days? 4P+K doesn't come out fast enough anymore. Low-throw? 2_8 K+G? Or are there better options?

9. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

/lately i've been using [2]/[8]+[K]+[G] to the side the stomach was before the knee, it's no juggle but it does it's fair share of damage if you add the light pounce or ground throw, i for one am glad the [4]+[P]+[K] is slower, that way you can catch more people off guard by using it against their failed evades

10. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Well, don't get your hopes up. I don't have the frame data, so I don't know if the 4P+K misses because it takes longer to come out, or because the stun off of MC Knee is reduced.

11. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Now you combo counter hit [6][K] with [6][P]+[K][P]

12. Makatiel

Makatiel Well-Known Member

srider, what does that mean? does that mean i get the counter damage for the [6][P]+[K],[P] instead of regular damage?

on a [6][K] counter in evo, you could always get the [6][P]+[K],[P], but the damage was never that satisfying.

13. Pai_Garu

That means the only guaranteed damage after [6][K] counter hit is [6][P]+[K][P] since you only get +18 in FT.

14. O_o

O_o Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

That means the only guaranteed damage after [6][K] counter hit is [6][P]+[K][P] since you only get +18 in FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

aww crap... this means no [4][P]+[K] rite? sux

15. Makatiel

Makatiel Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry about the misread. for some reason, i read the "now" portion to mean "new to ft."

im beginning to agree with those who think goh has been slightly weakened. [6][6][K] is great, but im not sure it makes up for the changes to [6][K] on counter, [4][6][K] sabaki / crumble change, the new 270 motion for the old hcb[P][G] and the total inability to tack a down punch after a forward 270[P][G].

i think ill subscribe to vfnet for a month just to get the tsukame considering his a1 [6][6][P][G] is not great.

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

But don´t forget his SPOD, the throw-punishing RN tool he didn´t have before.

17. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

While I agree that his new 'SPoD' is cool, so far it has proven to be virtually useless in versus play. Maybe it's our style, I dunno - but the move has appeared to be too slow, etc to be used on any regular basis. Who knows, though, perhaps it's a matter of Goh users to adapt and walk the learning curve to find the move's use.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

18. Pai_Garu

Llan, the hit combo throw has it's uses, for example, in certain timing after the low punch sabaki, it is guaranteed. It's just up to the user to understand when to use it. I'll elaborate on it when I do the Goh section.

19. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Llan, the hit combo throw has it's uses, for example, in certain timing after the low punch sabaki, it is guaranteed. It's just up to the user to understand when to use it. I'll elaborate on it when I do the Goh section.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice. In Toronto, unless things have changed, we really don't have a dedicated Goh player outside of Shroud who is too busy to play. It is tough to make judgements on the utility of certain moves without having that dedication.

more FT Mook details, Srider! and thanks.

GE

20. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    [ QUOTE ]
    GodEater said:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice. In Toronto, unless things have changed, we really don't have a dedicated Goh player outside of Shroud who is too busy to play. It is tough to make judgements on the utility of certain moves without having that dedication.

more FT Mook details, Srider! and thanks.

GE

[/ QUOTE ]
    I play Goh. I've been at Metro the last three weeks playing him. Wth is his new SPoD command?