1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh interview

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Ryadus, Nov 11, 2003.

1. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

Re: Lau Time

Goh isn't that hard to learn and I'm sure Akira is harder to use IMO. Goh needs patience and I think more patience than Jeffrey. U just need to learn about his speed in moves and put it against other characters moves and see which connects etc. IMO I think Goh is the slowest player in the game, I'm prolly wrong but it seems like it.

2. ShinobiBeats

ShinobiBeats Member

Re: Lau Time

Using the low puch sabaki of Goh is difficult, but very rewarding if you can pull it off. Ive seen Arashi Goh use this sabaki proficiently /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

Re: Lion's den

Nice work on Lion.

...One dbpm away from a heartattack...
    ... I don't make allowances...

were my favourite bits.
    Apart from that I really like the in-jokes and references to other games.

Glad to see that this thread is still going!

All the best,

N.

4. SenoB

SenoB Well-Known Member

Goh is Goh. Akira... is a poster-boy top-tier bitch (hint: sarcasm)

[ QUOTE ]
    ragingsilver said:

Goh isn't that hard to learn and I'm sure Akira is harder to use IMO. Goh needs patience and I think more patience than Jeffrey. U just need to learn about his speed in moves and put it against other characters moves and see which connects etc. IMO I think Goh is the slowest player in the game, I'm prolly wrong but it seems like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay... long quote there. Goh is both more limited and more versatile than Jeffry (fortunately). Goh's offensive capabilities... especially in his guaranteed combos are miniscule compared to just about any other character... regardless of skill level. A weak Wolf could probably do more "stank" damage than an expert Goh could do anyday.

Goh's defensive capabilities are where he shines. His sabakis are designed to, as mentioned before in this thread, turn disadvantageous situations around. This is KEY to understanding Goh. He SLOWS the match down not so he can "keep up" but rather to allow a better pacing for mindgames... which is what Goh's poking/offensive game is all about. You want to make the opponent impatient! Of course... you can't do this all the time because certain players tend to turtle much more -- like Jeffry or Wolf -- and thus the match ends up being a tatical stalemate.

Since highly specific anticipation is the key to Goh, this requires him to know ALL the other characters... much like Akira... although Akira has better "umbrella" moves that allow him to continue or start an offensive without too much setting up (compared to Goh anyway). This allows Goh... when he goes on the offensive... to link together sabakis, MC hits, etc. to punish opponents... GT's, LT's, etc. mixed in with his near guaranteed offensive strings: this especially includes back staggers... "ducking" stuns which put the oppt in crouching state... and the infamous "flat on my ass OMG he stole Akira's move but it eats my crotch punch OMFG" stun. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

ahhahhah good stuff man

6. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

Yeah, I laughed to myself a lot when I read that too /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice way to work the quote in there Oni /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

BUMP: please do shun! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. Samson

Samson Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ONISTOMPA said:

- B.W. :
    Old geezer !? Who are you refering to ?
    - Lion :
    C'mon, how many old geezers do you have in VF ? Shun di !! The guy shouldn't even be fighting, he's one dplm away from a heartattack, comes to work intoxicated and can't even remember his name most of the time. He has to go !!!

- B.W. :
    That's not nice Mr. Rafale, he's an old man !
    - Lion :
    I don't make allowances for old man !

[/ QUOTE ]

holy christ thats one funny as hell set up! Seriously, that was fuckin brilliant.

9. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

Sober Shun Di

Shun Di.

- B.W. :
    How are you doing today Mr. Di ?
    - Shun :
    Mr. Di !!? Please call me Shun. You are a friend Barbara, you may call me by my first name.

- B.W. :
    Ok Shun, you don't look too well are you ok ? We can always reschedule...
    - Shun :
    No, No don't worry about me I'm fine, I may look sick but trust me I'm fine I just had a little hangover that's all.

- B.W. :
    A hangover !!! Shun, you shouldn't be drinking at your age. You really have to start thinking about your health.
    - Shun :
    *Lol* You know it's funny because my doctor told me the same exact thing 20 years ago *Lol* And guess what ?
    - B.W. :
    What !?
    - Shun :
    He's dead !!! *Lol*

- B.W. :
    ...?
    - Shun :
    Ahem ahem ! But yes you're right I have to cut down or maybe consider changing my fighting style *Lol*.

- B.W. :
    Or.......maybe.....consider retiring ?
    - Shun :
    Tell you the truth Barbara, I planned on retiring right after VF3 but unfortunately one of my pupils got kidnapped by J6 and... well you know the rest.

- B.W. :
    Will he replace you in VF5 as the drunken style kung fu practitioner and also, will this pupil be a member of J6 or will he be a good guy ?
    - Shun :
    I'm sorry Barbara but due to contractual obligations, I cannot answer that question, only thing I can assure you, is that drunken style kung fu will be represented in VF5.

- B.W. :
    Ok but can you atleast tell us his name ?
    - Shun :
    I'm afraid not.

- B.W. :
    You seem to be a friendly guy, why is there so much animosity between you and Mr. Rafale ?
    - Shun :
    Lion has no respect for his elders and that's just a shame. I don't know, he's probably angry due to the fact that he's never lived up to the hype about him being "the future" of VF and wants someone to pick on in order to feel better but he's a nobody. If it wasn't for Chibita he'd be some random low tier no name that nobody would look at twice. Lion wouldn't make it in Kirby's world let alone VF if it wasn't for that guy.

- B.W. :
    But weren't you guys friends in VF2 ?
    - Shun :
    Well believe it or not I didn't get a chance to meet him in VF2. He lost in the first round. I found out he was in VF2 during VF3 Lol ain't that a bitch !

- B.W. :
    Are you serious !!!?
    - Shun :
    Of course I'm serious, the only one who probably knew he was in VF2 was the person who kicked his ass.

- B.W. :
    Goh and Brad among others were pretty vocal about their movelists,... Well Brad atleast was pretty vocal about his movelist some claimed that there were characters who were being treated better than others, especially Akira and Kage. What are you views on this and do YOU have any complaints concerning your movelist ?
    - Shun :
    Well I also use to complain alot back in the days, especially for my throw game but I gave up on that a long time ago, nowadays all I want, is to go back to my native country, take care of my banzais and train my students. I don't want to fight anymore, it's better for me to go now before I get injured or worse. You won't see me taking the crown away from Akira or Kage anytime soon although those guys spend more time in the Playboy mansion partying all night than in the Dojo but somehow someway ''mysteriously'' find ways to remain fit and ready to go for every tourney. Am2 obviously has it's preferences and unfortunately I am not one of them, so I think it's better for me to leave while I'm still in pretty good shape.

- B.W. :
    Would you like to see Ryo Hazuki and your nephew Lan Di in a VF game one day ?
    - Shun :
    Hmm it would be interesting since the future of Shenmue is very foggy at the moment but you have to remember that Ryo and Lan Di are far better than what you've seen till this day. The events in Shenmue occured in the late 80's. Both of these guys are much much more powerful now, than they were back then. Lan Di would probably wipe the floor with everybody if he were to participate, he has low throws, multi-low throws, multi-throws, ground throws, and basically a throw game that rivals Wolf's. He also has parries, reversals, sabakis, sways, numerous guard staggers... Put it this way, he has Lau's offense and Aoi's defense with a 70 damage point [9][P]+[G]. He's a complete fighter, not to mention a cold hearted man with no remorse, trust me you don't want to see Lan Di in VF. He makes Dural look like......well.......Lion.

- B.W. :
    Oh dear that's frightening, I don't think that's a good idea afterall.
    - Shun :
    Yeah, you don't want another T4. But there's no need to worry, I don't think you'll ever see that happen anytime soon. I strongly doubt that he's even remotely interested in being part of VF but it wouldn't surprise me to see Ryo entering the tournament someday.

- B.W. :
    Hmm that's good to know. It'll be sad not seeing you in VF Shun, I truly hope you come back, even as a palette swap.
    - Shun :
    I've always thought that one should follow his own instincts when he believes his time is up and right now I truly think it's time for me to go. I wish I had Heihachi's fire but he's on another level. I've got nothing to prove, I'm pretty much done with fighting, I rather concentrate on training my students and spending more time with my grandkids.

- B.W. :
    I understand but it'll still be sad seeing you leave. Ok lets move on, what are your thoughts on Jin ?
    - Shun :
    He's a very contraversial individual, probably the most contraversial character ever in a fighting game. I've seen him in action and I must admit that he's a very powerful fighter but he's by no means invincible.

- B.W. :
    Eh... I was talking about ''Jin'' the chinese rapper !!
    - Shun :
    Who !!!????

- B.W. :
    Ruff Ryder, freestyle battle champion, cameo in 2 fast 2 furious, representing China, your country !
    - Shun :
    .?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?......

- B.W. :
    Eh... nevermind. It was nice talking to you Shun, I sincerely wish you the best.
    - Shun :
    Thank you Barbara, I also wish you the best. *(Hmmm Chinese rapper ????)*

10. Shadowdean

Re: Sober Shun Di

GOLD!! Thank you for making my night.

11. ONISTOMPA

No problem, I'm also big Lan Di... eh I mean Shun Di fan Lol.

12. pkg_inc

pkg_inc Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    - Shun :
    *Lol* You know it's funny because my doctor told me the same exact thing 20 years ago *Lol* And guess what ?
    - B.W. :
    What !?
    - Shun :
    He's dead !!! *Lol*

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Please, stop, I'm falling off my chair, here.
    This shit is some the funniest thing I've ever read! Sooooooo good. God, you ought to be stand up comedian.....

13. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

Loll mysteriously find ways to remain fit, hahahhahah

14. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Shadowdean

ignore the haters...keep doing your thing man!

16. yoomazir

yoomazir Well-Known Member

oooo man,really great.
    Dural is the next?

17. Kairi

Kairi Member

This is a funny thread, somebody ought to do a Aoi one. Considering her backstory with Akira I wonder what she has to say about him.

18. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

That Shun stuff was pure gold!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    - Shun :
    Well believe it or not I didn't get a chance to meet him in VF2. He lost in the first round. I found out he was in VF2 during VF3 Lol ain't that a bitch !

[/ QUOTE ]

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

[ QUOTE ]
    ONISTOMPA said:

[ - B.W. :
    Hmm that's good to know. It'll be sad not seeing you in VF Shun, I truly hope you come back, even as a palette swap.

[/ QUOTE ]

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oni, you've got suspension of disbelief going for you. Awesome work. Again, I can hear her saying this.

20. ONISTOMPA

Barbara's defintly getting an Emmy for this. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif