1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh interview

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Ryadus, Nov 11, 2003.

1. ChibiSushi

ChibiSushi Active Member

Re: Lau Time

While wer at this why not a jerry springer VF brawl

2. SpeedFreak25

SpeedFreak25 Active Member

sorry to be out of the subject but i have a few questions. firstly how do you reverse and escape from down throws (like aois, wolfs and gohs from what i remeber) [3][P][G] ive seen AIs do it but ive never worked out how. also how do you write new topics? thank you.

3. SpeedFreak25

about top tiers , which tiers are the other people in? (and why are they in tiers cuz i thought jacky was a beginer guy)

4. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku

When people refer to him as "beginner" it just means how easy he is to use for someone who has just started playing the game. Easy move inputs, easy application of moves etc. Whereas Akira is considered expert because of his very hard move inputs.

However both of these two are considered "top tier" because they seem to be better when played by people of equal (high) skill. I don't agree with tiers however, but that's what it means.

Summary

Beginner, intermediate, expert refers to how easy the character is to use.

Tiers refer to how good the character is when mastered.

5. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SpeedFreak25 said:

how do you write new topics? thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, ok, so click main index then one of areas to go to (for example console, media, tournaments, junky's jungle, character techniques and training, quest items and stuff like that...) now look on the top, there's a row of things to click right above all the threads, look across that whole row, there's one thing that says POST, that's how you post a new topic.

6. SpeedFreak25

thank you people. is goh for experts? if there is a low tier then sarah will surely be in it

7. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

Sarah can be pretty aggressive in FL stance.

8. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

yup, i can relate to that. she can mix up her kicks very well and take away ur life bit by bit from that stupid stance /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

9. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

and as for Goh... he has some easy moves... hes very sluggish... the moves are hard for beginners to put into damaging combos... i think hes expert, im not too sure. for me, hes more in between intermediate and expert. hes not too hard but not too easy either.

10. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Goh is basically another Akira but harder in many ways. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

No...Goh has better defense and throwing game.

12. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

Better defense !?

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sabakis and special properties of certain attacks.

14. ONISTOMPA

True but I think [3][P]+[K]+[G] is a much better sabaki than [P]+[K] for the simple fact that it sabakis [2][P] and you get guaranteed damage afterwards. Goh's [P]+[K] would've been great if tsukami was a little more difficult to break out of. [4][3][P]+[K] is garbage, [4][6]+[K] is good but not all that, [4][6] [P]+[K] is slow and only works on knees. I prefer Akiras reversals and [4][P]+[K]+[G] over those two. Also, [3][P]+[K] is way too risky to be used consistently. Goh doesn't have bad defense but I don't know if he's better than Akira in that category.

15. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ONISTOMPA said:

[4][3][P]+[K] is garbage,

[/ QUOTE ]

While I would probably agree that akira has better defense. Goh's low punch cut is actually really good, ignore the canned follow up. [6][6][K]+[G] hit throw is free afterwards.

16. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

This is all off topic! where the hell are the interviews?

17. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I disagree.

Why do you need to worry about sabaking a [2][P]? Sabakis can be great attacks in of themselves, but if you need make use of their defensive properties it should be from disadvantage. If you want to sabaki a low punch at disadvantage, that essentially means your opponent is wasting his advantage by attacking with a [2][P] instead of a slower attack with better benefit. If you have to worry about sabaking [2][P]s, obviously your opponent isn't very good.

Sabakis become extremely useful when they negate certain nitaku games. E.g., knee/throw. Elbow/throw. Goh has these sabakis, and they give a decent reward relative to risk.

With better sabakis, attacks that avoid attacks, and one of the best throwing games, Goh is a much better defensive character than Akira.

18. ONISTOMPA

Lion's den

Lion Rafale.

- B.W. :
    Good evening Mr. Rafale, may I call you Lion ?
    - Lion :
    I prefer you call me Mr. Rafale.

- B.W. :
    O..k !! Mr. Rafale you've been part of the VF cast since the second installement, there was enormous amounts of hype during your first year, many analysts were comparing you to the best in the business and also claimed that you were going to be the future of VF. But you got manhandled in VF2 and beat up pretty badly in VF3tb. What do you have to say to your detractors who say that you're just a mid tier disappointment who never lived up to expectations ?
    - Lion :
    Well if those people spent more time actually learning how to play me instead of bitching, I'd probably be bigger than I already am. Thank god for Chibita, he's one of the rare players who actually figured out how to truly be effective with me. If there were more guys like him playing me I'd probably be more frightening than Lau and Jacky combined. But hey what do you want me to do ? I just do my job, I don't really like to complain.

- B.W. :
    After Akira Yuki you're the best paid fighter in VF, some people think that you're overpaid and don't deserve to make that kind of money. Others say that if it wasn't for Chibita and your huge amount of teenage female fans you'd probably be one of the lowest paid characters in the game. What do you have to say about this ?
    - Lion :
    Sega pays me big cash because they know that I am the future of VF. Not Akira not Lei Fei not Goh nor Brad... They're not paying me to stay so that Chibita can be happy and promote their game. And they're definitly not paying me because of my marketability that's bs.

- B.W. :
    Are you happy with your movelist ?
    - Lion :
    I love it but right now my manager's been working on getting me a [2][P]+[G], or maybe my [9][P]+[G] back. I think that's the last piece of the puzzle I need in order for me to take the crown away from Yuki.

- B.W. :
    Why did they get rid of your [9][P]+[G] in the first place ?
    - Lion :
    Because the old geezer complained to Am2 about not having a good throw game and : "Lion's getting all the love, why can't I have a [9][P]+[G]''. So in all ''fairness'' Am2 decided to take it away.

- B.W. :
    Old geezer !? Who are you refering to ?
    - Lion :
    C'mon, how many old geezers do you have in VF ? Shun di !! The guy shouldn't even be fighting, he's one dplm away from a heartattack, comes to work intoxicated and can't even remember his name most of the time. He has to go !!!

- B.W. :
    That's not nice Mr. Rafale, he's an old man !
    - Lion :
    I don't make allowances for old man !

- B.W. :
    But he was introduced in the same game you were introduced, doesn't that mean anything to you ?
    - Lion :
    Your point being !?

- B.W. :
    Oh dear, whatever happened to the good Lion Rafale, the one who saves the little puppy's life in the VF3 intro ?
    - Lion :
    Hmph, that scene was fake. Everytime I watch it, I just want to puke. Am2 wanted to portray me as this nice little "New kid on the Block" wannabe who goes around saving puppies from speeding cars !! In real life I would've let that dog die.

- B.W. :
    Oh dear !!!......Ok Mr. Rafale, there's been rumours flying around all over the web and the tabloids that you're an hom...
    - Lion :
    Ok lets get this straight, I AM NOT GAY, I REPEAT, I... AM... NOT... GAY. I'm just following a script, I don't know where and how far Am2 is going to go with this but the tabloids need to worry about other stuff than my sexual preferences. I'm currently dating a hot DOA chick right now but I don't want to get into that. Believe what you want.

- B.W. :
    Any news on Taka ?
    - Lion :
    He might be back on the PS3, depends on the offer Sega is willing to make him. I think he's looking for a five year deal but I doubt he'll get that.

- B.W. :
    Would you like to see Ryo Hazuki and Lan di in a VF game one day ?
    - Lion :
    Hmm maybe Ryo but Lan di's a diva he's asking for a ridiculous amount of cash and is VERY high maintnance, plus he doesn't get along with Lau. He thinks Lau is a bad Koen Ken representant. Lau hates is guts aswell so you won't see them hanging around anytime soon. But who knows !? I personally don't see it happening but I wouldn't mind being in Shenmue 3 since VF quest isn't what I thought it was going to be. I'd have to ask Ryo about that.

- B.W. :
    How's Ryo doing ?
    - Lion :
    He hasn't been working much lately but he's been playing alot of VF and is actually very good.

- B.W. :
    Oh and who does he play with ?
    - B.W. :
    He plays Aoi, go figure !!

- B.W. :
    Why you say that ?
    - Lion :
    I don't know for some reason I thought he'd be an Akira player but I guess I was wrong. Ren, believe it or not has a killer Akira, an 85% I think.

- B.W. :
    DAmmnnn !!! Ren, are you sure !?
    - Lion :
    I couldn't believe it myself. I thought he was a hardcore 3rd strike player but he's been playing VF for awhile now.

- B.W. :
    Whoa now that's news. Ok Mr. Rafale thank you for your time and good luck in VF5.
    - Lion :
    Thank you.

19. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

Re: Lion's den

Very good ONI, lots of great creativity in this thread guys,
    Keep it up.

20. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re: Lion's den

[ QUOTE ]
    - B.W. :
    That's not nice Mr. Rafale, he's an old man !
    - Lion :
    I don't make allowances for old man !

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.

A lot.