1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh managing: updates, ideas, etc.

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Combolammas, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

So, we're finally rolling. I started working on the combolists today, as that was the first priority IMO. As a matter of fact someone already had a ton of work done on the combolist on 46P, 4P+K, 1P+K and some others (Shag, that you? Nice work there).

My main aim for now was to just have all the launches on the list and a combo for everyone. This is why some of the categories only have 1 or 2 combos for now. We'll get there eventually, at least now we have all the launches listed. I also left a ton of ?-marks there since I really don't know is some of my combos work throughout the cast. If anyone feels like going though those ?'s it would me much appreciated.

I took the liberty of removing a couple of totally obsolete combos. More character / stance specific stuff will come up once I systematically go through each character for all combos from 1 launch category. I also have quite a ton of combos that I could add there but it'll require some works still since I've got character specific notes myself instead of launch specific ones, takes some time to mix and match those together.

Also the combolist needs some tidying up, I made quite a mess there using commas which are usually not in there and leaving out some -> arrows and stuff like that. I tried fixing some of it already but I'm sure I missed more than a few. The order of the combos is probably a bit messed up right now too. I'll fix it later.

I'm mainly able to work these things on weekends as I'm fairly busy on weekdays.

I'm also working on an indepth move analysis for Goh. Not sure if it'll be ready by the time we have character wiki's but that's one thing you can expect to see there.

If you have any ideas or things you want done (like combos for a specific launch), ask away. I'm also thinking of making a locked thread with one post per launcher and linking it to the combolists. It would be a bit more tidy than using the notes section in combolists for some of the combos that have lot's of variance on dirrerent characters (like 3K,P, 3P, 2P, 46P+K,P,6P). This one is a low priority for me though but it would be nice and you might see it after the more crucial things are done.

Cozby likes this.
  2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Yup that was me. ;) You must have literally started working after I went to sleep. Great stuff!

I removed the commas from Goh's 3hit mid ender, I'll check for order placement.

That sounds like a good idea. When they are made I'll sticky them. Also I think I'll st
    icky the old combo thread, they were some good stuff listed there.

3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Pana tested some stuff. I think it might just as well be put here. Just in case Shag want's to check it out too. I don't think this kind of info needs to be private.

- Fixed that Blaze one. In my notes I had that as both stances. Must have been a fluke from months back.
    - Removed ?s for that first 6K+G combo
    - Removed ?s and set Taka only on second 6K+G combo, also I removed that extra jab. It was put there accidentally.
    - I managed to hit 4P+Kc, 2P, 66P+K on Blaze both stances, my notes also have it as stancespecific on Sarah, I don't have anything on Pai.
    - I managed to hit that 4P+Kc, 2P, 6_P.. on Shun from closed but not from open.

I didn't change anything in the combolist for those 4P+Kc combos, as I'm not the one who put them in there. I'm fairly sure Shags got more indepth notes on that one than I do. If it's just accidental stuff, I'll fix it tomorrow.

4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Nice work guys :cool:

5. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Fully tested my kotetsu 88pt combo. I couldn't bound Shun, Lau or Kage in closed. Goh is insanely tough but it's possible in both stances, I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Also noted that delay 2P varies on opponent.

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Did some minor editing on wording and removing commas for the combo list. I added SLW combos for 66P+G & BT P+G, side crumple combos and made a category for post round sobering.

Combolammas and Elite like this.
  7. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

You don't even need me :)

I though about soberstuff too. I wasn't sure if post round sobering was combolist stuff. Not that I'd have anything against the idea.

I left the SLW combos out for the P+G launches as they were ones I just wanted up without going too much into specifics. Nice going adding them too.

I'm still working on completing 1P+K as thoroughly as possible. Like I said I'm rather busy on weekdays but I'll try getting this done by friday night as I said I'd get it done during weeksdays. I'm about half-way there.

Is everything for 46P currently on the list thoroughly checked throughout the cast? There are a couple of things I might add for the launch but I'd save me the trouble of doublechecking the stuff currently there. I'll do it on weekend if it hasn't.

8. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    ^I just copied the SLW combos from your thread and put them in the combo list.

I got the sober idea from seeing it on someone else's character list page.

The very first stuff for 46P was put up by Jemun. I put up the 46P open Taka combo which I tested on most of the cast and the SLW combo which I got from your thread.

I removed the "?" for the BNB 46P Taka combo. 4K+G alone whiffs on the cast that I practiced on. 6_P,4K+G I think works on all for 51 pts, it works on Taka in closed if not exact recovered. I just might add it to the list.

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    It appears we have to put more work into the 46P list.

pana likes this.
  10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

1P+K is done, except for updating it on the combolist. Will get that final part done tomorrow.

Those 46P, 3P, P, 66P+K ones seem to be stance specific even on Eileen. Still I think it's worth to put the energy into that one next instead of 6K. 6K already get's you nearly 50% even with the scrubbiest combo and testing all of 6K out is gonna take a lot more time than looking throught 46P, stuff from that vid included. I still think 46P, 1P+K and CH 6K (and 3K,P) are the most important categories going with Goh but I felt a slight priority shift from 6K to 46P after that vid.
    46P is always viable. 6K however is hard to land on someone who knows what they are doing (and what Goh is doing, for the matter). I can't wait to see how all of 6K will turn out but I think 46P is a priority with this tech since there's a possibility we'll have more damage on most LW's with this.

I've never seen 46P, 3P, P rebound before. Yet people on shoutbox earlier we're talking about it like old news. FFS are we the only ones left out :D

EDIT: oh, and for what my opinion is worth: 46P, P, 4K+G is not combolist worthy material if even the one character you'd think of doing it on it's exact recoverable. There's a ton of good exact recoverable "combos" in this game and on Goh too but it's the COMBO list. Guaranteed damage. I hope I don't sound arrogant on this but that's how I feel.

11. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

1P+K is up. I sacked quite a few combos because the were inferior.

There's at least one combo I haven't put up as as even if it probably works on most it's only useful as a CH 1P+K stance specific combo on Wolf and Jeff, for measly 1 point more than normal and on Jeff you even have to do 1FK in there. No ones ever going to use it, so I dropped stuff like that.

There's a couple of combos that are weird on some characters (obvious ones are those Jean 1P+K, 9P+K combos). Hitting them isn't reliable but I put them up there anyway.
    1P+K, 9P+K on Pai normal hit closed stance requires you to stand right next to her or 9P+K whiffs. I'm unsure if such long texts are good for the notes section.

I rearranged the order. Now it has stuff that works on most cast first. Taka combos are currently on the bottom of the list above the crouch hit combo. I also reworded that "best damage on crouching characters" part to "Stable damage on crouching opponents" as there are better oc combos on lighter characters.

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Sorry for no update this weekend. I've started on some stuff (46P, 3P... stuff and that 3K,P, 46P... combo and some other stuff) but I haven't really felt like extensive testing because I'm a bit sick at the moment. I'll finish it during next week if I'm feeling better.

13. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    Thank you all for your work !
    Will there be some wall combos at some point ?

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Totally awesome. Looks like my stick broke in yesterdays offline event (well, somewhere between unplugging it at home an arriving at the venue, actually). Buttons work, stick doesn't and I found nothing on the inside that would be obviously broken.

I think I'll finish testing what combos I've started on with six-axis and I'll add them this weekend. It's really uncomfortable though and I don't think I'll be doing any thorough testing on anything else until I get a new stick which unfortunately might take quite a while with my finances.

It's not up to me, really, but just so you know I've no qualms about someone else taking the managing over since I can't do anything about it for a while (or I can of course do the actual managing part if someone else tests the combos :D).

On a sidenote I've totally forgotten about that moveanalysis project. I did about 1/5 of it when I got it started and then it's just been sitting there on my desktop. I'll put some work into that one.

EDIT: about wallcombos: yeah I guess at some point. It's a bit hard as a listed category IMO since stuff changes from angles and depending on your starting move on top off character and stance dependencies and sometimes even low / high wall depencies (dunno if Goh has any of those though aside from 2_6P+G being pretty hard to land on half-walls with that stupid wall-throw being in the same input). Somethings bound to get listed but I'm not sure how well that stuff sits on the combolist instead of a thread.

You should post those wall combos you sent me here, really. Some ideas I've never thought about and then people would know them even if they aren't on the combolists (yet).

15. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Yes, those 44P, BT K and 4P+K full charge are stuff I never even thought about before you sent that stuff. Goh doesn't really excel at picking people up from low wallsplats but one thing I've thought of giving some test time is float into P -> 3PP / 4K+G / 44P, BT P+K into a low wallsplat to the side. Might as well test if it's worth anything though I think it won't be.

If anyone feels up to testing combos I was going to go for CH P+K next. A rather short though technically kinda tough category.

1. CH P+K, d3P, P, 66P+K, 3P,P
    2. CH P+K, d3P, P, 46P+K,P,6P
    3. CH P+K, dash 2P, 46P+K,P,6P
    4. CH P+K, dash 2P, 3P,P
    5. CH P+K, 3P,P
    6. CH P+K, 3K,P

1. should work on SLW and some LW. 2. should work on all LW and MW but I'm don't remember HMW (if memory serves it works on Jacky at least) 3. Is the preferred HMW at least on Akira IIRC 4. works on Wolf and Jeff, kinda strict timing, never tested it on anyone else, should work though. 5. Probably works on everyone except for Taka. It's just a super easy option on almost everyone. 6. This is the Taka combo but I dunno who else it works on. MIght be no-one, might be almost everyone.

I'll fill what I have on 46P and finish that 3K,P, 46P list this WKD.

EDIT: Oh, you moved that post to compilation thread.

16. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    ^^" yes I moved it, I thought it was more suited in the combo thread.

Some nice ones with CH P+K thanks, though number 5 I think it whiffs on Shun, maybe the d3P is ok against him ( I sometimes have problems also with the combo 66P+G because P must be done asap against him).

17. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I know this might sound a bit excusish but testing stuff out with a pad just isn't working for me at all. I fuck things up so much I'm just getting very fast frustrated even trying. 90 % of time I don't get 46P+K to come out. Most of the time I'm not doing stuff fast enough so I get delays on anything that requires more than one direction and trying 1FK's on purpose is very hard. I even get misinputs with things like 46P or 3P.

And to think I used to be a technically decent pad player back when I played Tekken & 3s...

Here's the stuff I gathered a couple of weeks ago, I'll put it up to the combo list after this post.

- 46P, 3P, P, 66P+K, dash 2P, 4K+G works on Eileen and Aoi closed stance only. 80 dmg. Delay 3P as much as possible and no dashframe for 66P+K
    - 46P, 3P, P, 66P+K, 6_P, 4K+G same as above but it's a bit easier and does 79. I see no reason to put it on combo list however.
    - 46P, 3P, P, 46P+K,P,6P works on Lion from both stances. Sarah, Pai, Aoi, Eileen it works from closed. It doesn't work on Vanessa. On lights other than Eileen and Aoi the delay on 3P is only about half as long as the superlights. 72 dmg
    - 46P, 3P, 1fk 2P, 46P+K,P,6P an excentric combo that probably shouldn't get listed on the combo list. Works at least on Eileen and Aoi both stances. The deal is from open stance 3P doesn't hit if you delay it as long as possible and the jab after wards will never hit. Therefore you delay 3P only slightly and then 1FK 2P for some extra delay to produce the ground bounce. If it end up working on most of the lights then it might be worth listing it. 71 dmg.

- 3K,P, 46P, 2P, 46P+K,P,6P
    Works on Pai both stances, works on Lion, Sarah and Aoi both stances with 1FK 2P. Works on Eileen from closed stance with 1FK 2P. On Vanessa it works both stances but the delay must be more than 1FK, use 333P+K+G. Doesn't work on Blaze or Gohit doesn't work at all. Also doesn't work on Shun but on him you already have a reliable combo for just 1 point less. It works on Jacky both stances but you need to delay the second hit of 46P+K,P slightly (seems a lot easier than the 3P,2P,46P+K,P,6P one with similar trick, nice).

Anyone not mentioned here is not tested.

EDIT: through frustration, sweat and fury I tested a few more characters for the combos. I think that after a few days of trying I'm actually starting to get a hang of doing stuff with a pad. My that-wasn't-supposed-to-happen ratio is down from 95 % to about 60 % :D It's still pretty painful doing this with a pad since most of these combos would require training (at least for me) even with a stick.

Added 46P, OM 3PP vs Taka, it works from both stances for 46. Also, just now I figured out a pretty cool thing VS Taka. 46P, delay 46P+K,dP,P works both stances for 52 and if he fails tech you get 3K for 65 total. I'm unsure if I should put it in the combolist though, it's hard as nails.

Cozby likes this.
  18. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Since Manji loaned me his 2nd stick a couple of weeks ago (much appreciated, BTW) I've been working through some (most) of those ?s and today I realized I'm climbing to a tree ass first not adding the rest of the combos before doing the old ?'s away. So I added a ton of combos in there with a ton of new ?'s to work away.

There's more than probably a couple of combos missing still (at least my sobercombos but I was thinking of making a separate category for those) but I think most of it is now in. If you notice somethings missing just let me know. I apologize it's taken me so long.

I also noticed that the order of the launches on the list didn't make any sense. I think it should either be the order they come up on the command list or NH launches followed by CH launches (which is the order I changed it to with 46K being in CH launches and throws last).

19. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Added in a couple of combos that should be on the list (4P+K, 46P+K,P... and 46P closed max damage on Vane and Pai, at least).
    Cleaned that 46P section up a little bit. Tackled a couple of characters ?'s; I have 3 weeks vacation so I should be able to wrap the rest up soon.

I've added wallcombo sections previously but I always forget to add combos in there, lol. Will get to that after open field combos are done.

Q&A threads seem to have been popping up on other character forums lately, so I created one for Goh too. Hopefully it'll be useful.

Shag likes this.
  20. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

While Brad does seem to get bounded a lot easier than other midweights in many combos I'd still feel more secure if anyone would like to doublecheck:
    CH K (sidecrumple), 9P+K, 4P+K, 66P+K, 3PP
    on Blaze, Shun, Lau, Kage, Lei, Goh.

'cause that stuff works on Brad, both stances and both sides.

I also double checked what kind of note I should put on 1P+K, 9P+K working on Jean normal depending on distance but I ended changing it to CH. Too unreliable distance dependency and it's staple on CH. I've sacked more "reliable" stuff from the lists. No reason to keep this one in.

I also feel the cr.s, 2P, 66P+K combos should be revised a bit. I respect all the work Shag went through to land a bound on almost all LW's and MW's from 4P+K fullcharge but if replicating it in even dojo is a chore I'm not sure if it should be in.
    Also, could someone check if they can land 46K sabaki, 2P, 66P+K on Sarah both stances. Back when I did that one I only got the other stance and I keep wondering why some of this stuff seems launch dependant even while they all cause cr.s (and having to delay 2P for 46K and 4P+Kc so the recovery shouldn't be the reason either).