1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh Q&A thread

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Combolammas, May 20, 2013.

1. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    From the video it seems like you can abare at -6 on 19f class combo starters, but I'm not sure about quicker ones (as it is it's a move I'd like to give more thoughts on when at disadvantage, I'm using it rarely and always at advantage).

2. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    After punishing a -13 move with Goh's pk,do the high level Goh players press back or stay stationary? What I mean is do they prefer the +4 and back-turned options or the +1 facing foward? Me personally, I would go with +4 back-turned and do p+k.....but what do high level Gohs do after punishing with pk?

3. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    I prefer to use PK4 from the side after an evade since you can fuzzy guard against every option after BT (except 2K, which sucks anyways). However, after using PK4 while facing, cancel with G into a delayed throw or 3P works well to blow up fuzzy, especially against the offensive fuzzy option select.

4. leftylizard

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Thanks. I also read something in a Goh forum on vfdc that confused me....it said after pk hits and you turn backwards with Goh you can force your opponent into nitaku by using either 2p or p+g. I thought nitaku started at -6. You also confirmed that they CAN fuzzy.........so Im confused.

5. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

One of the things you should take in to account when doing PK4 is that half the cast can just backdash almost every move you can use. In those cases you can BT P,K (catches backdash and resets situation) or simply don't go to BT or something.

Another anti-fuzzy is also to just not go to BT and low throw them.

leftylizard likes this.
  6. leftylizard

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    NICE! Also in the thread titled "Starting out with Goh#2", I believe they mean you can force nitaku if your opponent is side-turned(like Seminasuke said). The thread needs to specify that nitaku will ONLY work from the side.

7. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I think he meant specifically after ST PK4 hit. The only immediate option backdash-able here is Goh's BT 2k.

If Goh's BT 2P CH's from backdash or otherwise, goh can combo into 46p or get an unblockable 1p+k. I think from here 1p+k > p > 46p+kp6p works on everyone regardless if they crouch or not.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  8. leftylizard

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    No, i didnt mean side-turned. Thats my fault Cozby, I could see how you thought that. I was rambling on about something that confused me in a forum,lol. But to clarify,Combolammas and Seminasuke answered my question.

9. leftylizard

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Is it possible to break out of the intial part of Goh's 2p+g? The part before he pulls the opponent to their feet.

10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

11. chirus

chirus Member

Goh has a lot of redundant moves in FS.

Cant believe how much he was nerfed from 5

12. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Without a shadow of a doubt Goh is at his best in FS!

1P+K, 3K,P massive combo starters both of which are guaranteed on CH 6K. Easier input for his best throws. Improved ranged on 6P elbow. New moves 3PP and 9P+K. Guaranteed knockdown and combo on 3P+K. Simplified tsukami hold. Added PKG throw reversal. 46K now also sabakis knees. 43P+K now also sabakis LK.

Care to elaborate?

13. Seminasuke

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    It's debatable whether or not he's better than his R version, but nerfed from Vanilla? Not quite.

Ellis likes this.
  14. chirus

chirus Member

Serious?

All the grappling/throws in general were nerfed in FS. They tried to make it more casual and accessible for DOA/Tekken players.

15. chirus

chirus Member

Even with more strikes and combos in FS he still cant stand toe-to-toe with the other cast.

1. "Easier input for his best throws"

Easier input for his best throws? They cut like 60% of his entire throwing arsenal. Anything with a diagonal input in it.

2. "Added PKG throw reversal"

The throw sabaki? It has a ridiculous input window and is near impossible to pull off.

3. They also made all of his ground techniques except for one near to impossible to pull off, unless you bounce someone off a wall.

16. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

No.

So what? That's a system-specific change that applies to all characters. He has strong throws compared to most of the other characters in this game.

That's why you use this move at -10, which incidentally explains the presence of some of the "redundant" moves you were talking about. Some moves are -10 on guard, making [P][+][K][+][G] ideal. It's even stronger when you combine it with option selects.

That would only be a nerf if he needed them, and he doesn't.

17. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    This is like saying Lei-Fei was buffed from vanilla to FS.

18. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Goh actually did receive a couple of nerfs from ver.C but his buffs out weight them by a ton. You might want to get to know what you are talking about and maybe ask some questions before making claims. People will be happy to help.

19. Seminasuke

XBL:
    Seminasuke
  20. chirus

chirus Member

Which buffs are you talking about?