1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh questions.

Discussion in 'Goh' started by CarpeNoctumXIII, Mar 1, 2005.

1. CarpeNoctumXIII

CarpeNoctumXIII Well-Known Member

I'm a Goh user, and while I am aware that he isn't the strongest guy ever, I'm doing pretty well with him at my level. In any case, my question is, which low throw should I use more often, the [2]+[P]+[K]+[G] or [3][P]+[K]+[G]. I know the [2] throw goes into his Tsukami stance, but I find it that a lot of people can escape that, so usually I got for the [3] low throw, even though it has less damage, it's much safer.

My other concern at using Goh comes at defeating Aoi, Lei and Lau. Any tips in defeating any of these guys? Sorry if I sound like I'm new, but I've been using Kage for years and getting used to Goh is a pain. Thanks a lot in advance.

2. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

For your first question, the answer really is simple - there is no "better" throw. In VF, provided it's the strongest throw for that direction then there really is no "better" choice. But, personally, I find my main competition tends to escape tsukami rather well, so I use his 3+P+K+G in VS setting, and 2P+K+G in quest.

It's way too difficult to give character specific advice IMO, just keep practicing, and learn how to deal with situations effectively. If something in particular is giving you trouble, hit up practice mode.

Personally though, I LOVE shrm against lei-fei. Simply because with all of his sabakis, none of them sabaki it. Leifei does his 2+KPP from tiger - shrm that shit!

3. CarpeNoctumXIII

By better I mean safest. Since the tsukami throw can deal more damage if used right, I'm just wondering if it's worth going for it since my opponents here are also pretty good at escaping it. or just stick to the less damaging, but pretty much guaranteed [3]+[P]+[K]+[G]. Thanks a lot for the Lei help by the way.

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

5. CarpeNoctumXIII

Wow, that's some good shit right there. Thanks a lot guys.

6. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

On the low throw stuff:

If you're talking about low throwing after a combo starter, you should just use guaranteed damage. A good player will just escape both throws automatically. Like after a stomach crumple go for [K] or [2_][6]+[P]+[K] or (delay) [2]+[P], [K]. Those are the best followups, in order of difficulty and damage.

After blocking a low move, if it's -16 or more, go for [2_][6]+[P]+[K]. If it's -15 or less, then just either go fo [3]+[P] -> mixup, or either low throw, just mix them up. A blocked low K situation doesn't come up that much, so they will be less likely to try and escape.

If you are doing a low throw to beat fuzzy, use [3]+[P]+[K]+[G] every time. They will not try to escape in a fuzzy situation, such as after they tech roll, so just go for the immediate guaranteed damage.

7. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

those 3 characters you mentioned (I think it was Aoi, Lau and Lei?) all use a lot of high/mid punches and elbows and they often telegraph them. This means you can abuse Goh's [P]+[K] inashi.

8. CarpeNoctumXIII

^Yeah, I try to do that often, but the Aoi player over here catches on and mixes up, and at times makes my Goh feel hopeless. BUT, he crouches down a lot(low punches and guard), so that's why I asked about the low throw. I just want to excel with Goh because I always have to end up using Kage(my main) to start winning again.

Oh, as a side comment, is it just the player I'm going up against, or does Goh just rape Brad? Whenever my friend uses him, he gets owned by my Goh...

9. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

it's usually the player, but it can just be your friends inexperience.

10. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

yeah, I find Goh is good against Brad.

11. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Just curious, why do you guys think Goh has a good matchup vs Brad?

/KiwE

12. CarpeNoctumXIII

Well, the player himself is good. Like I said, I can't beat him at all if he picks Aoi, Lei, or Lau. So then I have to pick Kage, so I can start winning. But I do feel that Goh seems better...Oh well, what I gathered from this is that I should use [2]+[P]+[K]+[G] on the computer and scrubs and [3]+[P]+[K]+[G] on better players that crouch guard/punch a lot(the punch might be hard since they can stop the throw...)

13. alphanumeric

alphanumeric Member

If their always avoiding that [2]+[P]+[K]+[G], then stick with the [3]+[P]+[K]+[G], but just be careful they don't start reversing that (or even both, if they're really quick on the throw escapes.)
    But if you can force them into crouching and throw escaping, that should open them up for an elbow guessing game.

14. AMG

AMG Member

There's one Goh combo that is quite damaging. [6][6][K] (on counter) then [3_][P]+[K]+[G]. That's combo is over 50% damage. U got to do it on counter

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    There's one Goh combo that is quite damaging. [6][6][K] (on counter) then [3_][P]+[K]+[G]. That's combo is over 50% damage. U got to do it on counter

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play FT? [6][6][K] is only in FT. And that is not a true combo because the low throw is easily escapable. Another [6][6][K] is guaranteed though. I tend to go for a ground throw after CH soccer kick, chances are 50/50 for someone to break it.

16. AMG

AMG Member

Or maybe it was [6_]+[K] then [3][P]+[K]+[G]. I can do that on EVO.

17. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    You probably mean [6][K] which does his knee. You can get a free [4][P]+[K] after [6][K] counter hits, which is better than the low throw follow-up.

18. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

who low throws on jaw collapse lol?

19. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Newer players, and don't laugh because we all start out knowing absolutly nothing.

20. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

using low throw isnt as funny as it seems, especially in FT.... the only hit guaranteed is f+p+k, p+k. gambling a tsunami once in a while is a rewarding risk.

besides, it's not as if anybody low throw escapes during that time anyway..