1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh vs. fast characters and Abare play...

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Gernburgs, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    heres another good way to beat sarah/lau. or refer to SHRM ABARE thread i posted.

look at moves that put u at disadvantage minus -1-6, if ur in close stance do a abare shrm.

some nice setups.. that work very well vs these 2 (LAU/SARAH): ALL IN CLOSED STANCE, will not work in open. make sure to buffer.
    -2p blocked shrm
    ( :
    -4 3, p blocked or hit shrm closed stance.
    -3 K+G NH, SHRM clsd stance.
    -blocked 3 P or NH.
    -MY FAVORITE. if u notice ur in OPEN STANCE, do 3 K ( to switch stance) blocked into shrm.
    ---list goes on and on and on...

2. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

So, what you practically suggest is to shldrm at a disadvantage of up to -6 frames. But why is this a "good way" to beat -- out of all other characters -- Sarah and Lau if it just comes down to abare play at slight disadvantage?

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Its an option. On the other hand, if you make it a habit you should be eating dragon cannon or other things. (or OM K)

Goh's [4][6][K] is indeed also great against Sarah's flamingo. Its not the end of the world but it does make Sarah's life harder by beating most of the common options. Don't forget that on block its also just -6..

4. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    im jus saying its nice to know, because those 2 characters... shrm will shutdown alot more than other characters. MIDS, jabs, 2p. im not saying abare all the time, but it forces them think more before attacking. Without the pokes they are forced to evade sometimes, u can punish with pk or single palm or throw or whatver on failed evade, it forces them to use moves with higher recovery time, then u can evade and punish that move since it prob would have higher recovery time on evade.. i duno, u can do alot of things when they become scared to attack. i wish closed stance SHRM is more universal. by all means dont do all the time.. Its just one more varible that the oppenent has to respect.

5. GohReiMi

GohReiMi New Member

Don't underestimate P+K->P+G. It's a friggin' life saver. Once you grapple, be sure to alter your direction and throw from it every time so that they opponent doesn't catch on. I had my sparring abare brad spammer thinking there was no escape from it for quite a while before he accidentally did then realized it is based on what I do.

I actually have a question for those that F,F+K...if it counters, the opponent is stunned and falls slow. I generally follow up with a ground throw...do any of you do this or do you go for an air follow up or different move instead? I mean, if I get that kick, then do a ground throw then smack them as it's over (which is almost always garenteed unless they're a robot with super fast button skills), that's damn near 100 DMG with no effort other than getting the initial kick to land...which works great at a distance for someone who aggressively spaces in and out of my range. That kick, though, is highly recommended with CAUTION against Brad due to his kick counter. Play a mind game THEN throw it out there.

6. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    6k= half life combo on CH. activates in 17 frames, u basically only need plus 5 vs 2p, +6 vs 11FRAME JABS, +7 for 10 frame jab

66k into throw, u can break the throw 50/50 percent. depending on the CHARACTER and OPEN/CLOSE STANCE u can perform different combo. but i like to mix up wake up options, with guaranteed dmg, and the 50/50 mixup depending on how much life they have left. 66k is great, but easy to evade vs higher level ppl.

btw , when they fall face front legs away, and they tech roll. IF u do OM P u will get a back stagger. after that, try, 66k, low throw. Example, 66k, SHRM, OPP tech rolls, OM P= backstagger, 66k( back crumple), low back throw. < awesome for ppl who cant break staggers, and its flashy >. Theres a combo list for goh. his combos get much better, when u can check ppl's foot open/close. http://virtuafighter.com/combos/index.php

and when u do the P+K sabaki, do as many throw escapes as u can
    ( :

goh is a great character, but u need to know the other character to see what he can really do. goh is easy to use, but hard to win with if u dont know the frame for others ( if i know ppl will sidestep at -9 then thats huge dmg ). Goh is a scary character once p or 2p hits. u got a CH hit moves 6k, that can take away alot of life. his delayed attks are great too vs ppl who sidestep

when i use other characters, i feel like i can create alot of guessing and be really creative and kinda bullshit my way through a win with wierd mixups.. Your not gonna be that confused fighting another goh, but once goh blocks ur moves, its scary what goh can do