1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

GOH's new catch throw in v5R

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Mackfactor, May 31, 2010.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    will this work?
    say if lau attacks with say a move that leaves him at disadvantage, ( SMALL OR LARGE ).
    this lau player will either abare with say 2KK or evade or use JUMP P. Knowing hes either gonna try to abare or EVADE, will i be able to use the catch throw in VF5r to suck in the 2kk now that it is special low or mid whatver it is(catch throw).

2nd.
    whats the math on calculating how to beat the abare with the catch throw?
    i would assume, i would have to know the execution of the catch throw, now that its considered an special HIGH/low attack and the execution that lau is abaring with??

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    If your catch throw lands before hit detection of their attack then you'll throw them.

If Lau uses his jumping punch then you'll need to land the throw before he is airborne.

I think that's how catch throws work.

3. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    whats the execution of GOHS CATCH throw in Vf5r?
    I believe its no longer a "throw" but considered more of an attack now...

laus 1KK 15 frame.. so im curious to at what disadvantage can i do gohs catch throw and beat it. Is there any goh players who play Vf5r that knows this?

i doubt i can catch lau's jumping P, his airbourne properties seem like it happens in the initial frames of the move. or 8KK...
    DAM, im getting ahead of myself with the JUMP P and the 7KK... i doubt i can catch throw that. But i bet 2KK would be...

4. LostCloud

LostCloud Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86
    Seidon basically summed it up. Every time that I've seen Goh's [6][6][P][+][G] hit in VF5R, that looks to be what's happening.

Also, if it'll help, here's all the info that I can find on Goh's [6][6][P][+][G] for VF5R Version C: It executes in 21 frames, is -8 on block and is a Special Low -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YxMVA0F21I at 1:23 in the video.

I'm not entirely sure what type of attack it is in VF5R, but it will hit for a tiny amount of damage in combos and Aoi can reverse it. So, that probably says something about what type of attack it is in VF5R.

5. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    hmmm
    blocked elbow, -5...(15+5)20 frames for the 2KK.
    gotta be plus 6 for me to pull that...
    ok thanks guys
    ( :

FRAME DATA doesnt mention JUMP P for LAU or 2 KK.. i wonder if this can be caught since they are jumping.. i doubt it tho

6. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I don't think you have enough frames to catch Lau while he is jumping.
    By the time you have you probably have, [P] will be guaranteed.