1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

going Japan for VF??

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by alantan, Apr 18, 2002.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I am kind of curious if there is anyone (from singapore) who is interested in going to Japan for VF and tour.

I think the air ticket now is around 700 sing dollars. We can play overnight at the arcade and save on hotel /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Just a thought

2. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I am going to Japan May,16 thru June, 6. What prefecture are you staying in or what arcades do you plan to go to? Maybe I can meet you there? I heard there is a 3 on 3 tournament early May. Anyway, hope to hear back from you.

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

haven't got my enlistment letter yet...... don't know when go in army. my friends all got their letters though.

And, my bank only got 700 bucks. Go there I no need to eat liaoz just see u play lol.

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Zhifeng, Wildy and I tot maybe end of this year. you?

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Alan -- when are you planning on going to Japan? I'm thinking of flying from SFO to NRT some time in the summer myself...

6. alantan

Hey,

people, I really dunno exactly when or where yet. I am just looking for people. Of course, it will be nice to go at a time when there is a big competition.

Danny, I thought Zhifeng just went to Japan...

Chris, if you are serious about going to Japan, maybe we can worked something out. But I guess there is no rush yet. But we should go there when there is some BIG competition so we can see all the legendary people in action /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hi!

Hey! I am still interested in going Japan again. Last time round, I only manage to play there for like four hours out of my trip. Too LITTLE!!! And never went Tokyo. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

It will be a nice if we can all go together. Imagine VFing for like four or five days, plus maybe some sightseeing around if you all like. The last time I went, I saw so many japanese babes..... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. alantan

ya especially all those high school girls and their ultra short skirts... funny that their schools got no rules on how long the skirts supposed to be.

Hey, we should go in the spring/summer not in winter. Will there be any BIG competition coming up for VF4 in Japan?? Actually I read about those UK people, go Japan and STAY for soooo long. Mad. I only can afford like a week or so. Hey actually the main cost other than airfare is the lodging. Wonder anyone knows of any cheap lodging in Tokyo? The last time I stayed in Hotel in Tokyo 5 years back is around like 100 sing/per person/per night on a triple share room. Very expensive.

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hmm, if you're thinking of heading there some time in the May/June/July time frame, for about a week... I'm definitely interested. I can ask my friend (Yusuke) if he knows of any good + cheap places to stay in Tokyo. Send me an email and we can discuss the specifics... feixaq@pobox.com /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm interested as well. But I can only make the trip if it's after graduation, post late-May. The hotel I stayed at was pretty cheap...I think it was around $80-90 for a night, though it was just myself. The hotel was in Yotsuya, Tokyu Stay Apartment, or something like that. The rooms were small as hell, but the bed is a queen and the hotel itself is quite new.

One bad thing, however, is that they only wash towels and change sheets once a week (though when you move in you'll get a fresh set).

11. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    hey guys,

looks like I'm probably gonna be in Japan for the better part of a month in June, in Tokyo and Sendai.

I'm working out the specfics right now with my boss in jap. I'll know in a couple weeks exactly what's up; and I'll let you guys know (not that you guys should plan around me at all, just nice coincidence).

Spotlite

12. Shundi_05

Hm.....

Cheap lodging should be available, we need to do some research on the hotels over there. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif But we must first decide WHEN to go???

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

no need to do research guys. I told my Jap fren(Masa san) that i tot of going Japan end of the year, he said he let me know the cheapest places to stay, cheapest places for good food, good 24hrs arcade and cheapest entertainment.

14. Shundi_05

Hm.....

End of the year is good but will the competition be reduced. If it won't, then count me in for your trip. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

15. alantan

ya lor, end of year... so long.... dunno whether still got people playing VF4... I think the Japanese will get better and better with Ver C while the rest of the world without Ver C will be losing touch.

16. Shundi_05

Hm.....

Don't worry about losing touch cos we can get together often for some VF actions. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

17. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Hey, this website might interest you guys:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.newkoyo.jp/>http://www.newkoyo.jp/</a>

The prices advertised are amazingly cheap. I have not stayed with them personally so I can't make any recommendations, but the pictures look nice and at those prices, I think most people would be more than willing forgive slightly sub-par service. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

18. Air Jacky

Air Jacky Well-Known Member

I have stayed at this hotel before, and i must say for the price you cant go wrong. it is very cloes to Ueno and from there akihabara is 5 mins, and shinjuku is about 25mins, and Shibuya is about 30 mins. The rooms are small and i mean small, but for the price who cares you will be out all day long and really you only need a place to sleep so it works out nice.
    The key work is CHEAP and it is in Tokyo.
    well that is my two cents
    by the way i am going to be in japan at the end of may to mid june. i will be hitting the gamecenters on june7th to june 9th. In Tokyo. cant wait!!!!

B.E.

19. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Just thought of some cheapo tactics.... We get ONE room, squeeze in as many of us as humanely possible, then from there, we try to survive one week ? /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif My trip there last december was too uneventful. Too much parental control, and almost no freedom. (To think that I almost managed to get a girl's address too !!! /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Thank the powers that be that more and more japanese know how to speak some english...)

Actually, if we wanna go, we should have started changing our currency to theirs while it was down and low.... a tad bit too late though... Sigh... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

20. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

the last time i went with my bro and mum... way too much parental control also. And me that time super poor no marnee to buy stuff lolz.