1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

going Japan for VF??

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by alantan, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Watch out for the girls in the "Snow Witch" configuration /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Genie47

Cheap lodging? You can't get cheaper than hostels! Check Lonely Planet. If you don't mind staying in double decker beds ala old SAF. You are only renting the bed. But be sure to lock your bags to the bed :p

3. Genie47

Check out this <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jyh.or.jp/> Japan Youth Hostels</a> for youth hostels in Japan.

According to someone from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.virtualtourist.com/> Virtual Tourist</a> it costs around 2000-4000 yen/night.

If a youth hostel is not your liking, check out <a target="_blank" href=http://www.japanhotel.net/> Japan Hotel Network</a> for more info on hotels.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.eryokan.co.jp/> Ryokans</a> or Small Japanese Inns are recommended. Some are very cheap around 3000-6000 yen/night. Minshuku are small family inns. Nothing but a room with a futon and communal bath. Check them out.

4. akapan

akapan Active Member

Hi,
    I will go back Tokyo from May15 to June 30.
    I will daily stay in Shinjuku and Shibuya area.
    If any of you will go there, I will be more than happy to assist your wonderful international VF experience at some famous arcade places. Also, I am sure that many Japanese players will be excited to see how US players will play.
    (Anyway, this is my first post! Thank you for reading.)

5. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

guys, do keep me update about the trip. Very keen on it.
    Always fascinated by Japan, however, the closest i ever got to it..was on transit for 2 hrs in Narita Airport...*sign*
    i want to be IN Japan, not just TOUCH it.

6. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

Sorry to disappoint you Guys. Don't think I can join you all liao, my girlfriend kick a big fuss when I told her about it. Xianz liao. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif I was so excited when you all mention about it but now only emptiness in my heart. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

alternatively u can give me a video camera and 1k sgd to go there. then u can see the videos of me getting trashed /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Shundi_05

Hm.....

That sounds like a good idea. But WAIT! Why do I even want waste my $1000 seeing you being trashed? Seeing you being trashed won't satisfy my desire to go there. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

at least i can come back and trash u back. then u know that u will get trash going there anyway /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Shundi_05

Hm.....

If that's the case, then whether I watch you being trashed is not important cos I will be trashed by you either ways. I will keep my $1000 to be trashed by you. Save me $1000 in this way.

11. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Nono !! I have an even better idea !!! You're paying us so that we'll use Shun and play like you, so when you see the footage, you'll know things like "Ah, that move cannot use on the Japanese...." or things like, "Ah, I didn't know that super combo is actually possible." or maybe even "Wah !!! I didn't know Japanese girls are SSSSOOOoooooo chio !!!!" /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Also, when we get trashed, you can also save face mah, because you never go there get trashed what. We get trashed in place of you mah. Like that got double bonus you know !!! Can save face, can get experience, can stay here spend time with your girlfriend, and best of all, don't have to fly here fly there !!! All for $1000 !!! Why not ??? /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

hmm never thought of that. That's the version2 plan /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

Talk about chio...the chio ones..are REALLY CHIO... *drool*
    i remember seeing this gal when i was checking my hand-carry.. she was working and wearing a cute uniform..with gloves and a cuter hat. man... she was awesome....
    and i was thinking to myself.. " WHAT AN INTRO TO THIS COUNTRY!!"

14. Shundi_05

Hm.....

Last time I went there (Chinese New Year period), The only ones that are not so beautiful are those from the older generations. Most I saw in the working class really know how to dress up. Fashionable, sexy plus a little "desirable" /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif I think it's a very HAPPENING country to visit. Food there is also very DELICIOUS. Only thing is quite X.

15. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

yah..quite ex. But at least its not above the US standard of living...if i recall correctly...average meal from 6 to 10 USD.. around the same price of a meal in US too.

16. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i can't remember well. but i think average meal is from 1000 to 1500yen? or was it the restaurants at that price. the cheapest thing i could find is 500 to 600 yen that's like 7SGD

17. Shundi_05

Hm.....

At the more remote areas, you can get something from 500 yen onwards but in the more populated areas one meal will costs from 1000 yen onwards. Maybe 900 yen if you are lucky.

18. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

worst come to worst..we bring instant noodles and dry rations to tide us within our budgets. assuming one meal is 10 USD (approx 1000 yen?).. one instant noodle meal a day can save us 70 USD in a wk!

19. chandlerz

chandlerz Member

Hey, spotlite

I'm in Tokyo of Japan.
    Some place in tokyo, many people still play with VF.
    I'm looking foward to playing with you.

Thanks

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

or the alternative is...to become a vegetarian!

One of the hostels in shibuya has ulimited free salad during dinner time~

think abt it..go over there to enjoy...lose some weight...become a green freak for two weeks!

I for one wouldn't mind doing that! anything is better than cup noodle~