1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

going Japan for VF??

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by alantan, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Hehe ok this has nothing to do with VF, but with the recession in Japan food prices are really dropping. I remember when I went to Tokyo about 10 years ago, everything was expensive as hell.

Now I'm in Kyoto and food prices are pretty damn reasonable. A regular Yoshinoya beef bowl + miso soup is only 330 yen. McDonalds and Fast Kitchen all have decent prices on fast food. And cheap ramen places and bento places where you can pay 400-600 for a meal arent that hard to find. Even convenience stores sell a decent bento for 350 yen. Of course this may be different in Tokyo, but by and large things probably aren't expensive as popular myth dictates.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ah dave...always a bringer of good news! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Salad is still the cheapest! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    We should all turn back to the greeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnn

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

So exactly who's going?

5. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

ar..yes..the losing weight part.. i think thats quite a good idea.

6. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i think..if the part is to be organised in mid-year..probably its a bit too late to do anything about it as a lot of ppl will not be able to attend.
    however, if end of year, wouldn't the weather be pretty bad? its going to be Northern hemisphere's winter then.

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Tokyo isn't too bad until about late January. February sucks - really cold... especially for a Texan. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    hey chandlerz,

hey, I hope you're doing good. I want to come back in June, but I have to make sure it's okay with my boss. I miss playing your jacky.

When I know my arrival date, I'll let you know with a PM. I hope I can spend some time in Tokyo, but I'll also be in Sendai for sure. Tokyo players are much stronger, I think.

take care!

Spotlite

9. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

How is the weather around mid-December, early January? There is this tiny bit of a chance of me going.... /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

The February weather is damn cold. But kind of nice since weather in Singapore is freaking hold. Really like that kind of cold, cold weather. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Do you play pachiko (not sure of the spelling) Think that's also a popular past-time over there, difference is that you can make money of of it.

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

February is good for me. Probably going to start clearing leave by then.... /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Plus, the cold weather is kinda like my room on rainy days.... Maybe go there to ZZzzz.... Sounds like a plan !!! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

But to be honest, plans are tentative. If I can't save $4K by then, then its futile in going.... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif I really hope that we aren't going to spend ALL our time at the arcades and not have some babewatch time..... /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

12. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

dun think need so much as 4k lah..
    4k , more than enough to let u go to Europe for a month liao leh..
    in fact, i think 2k is more than adequent.

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yah...2k is quite enuff.

Unless u start spending ur money on electronic stuffs....clothes...dojinshi etc etc

Then, really nothing to say liao /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

dun worry..in the case when the guys choose to devote their entire rising sun experience to Vf4 culture, i will join you in the sight-seeing of Kawaii Japanese babes..
    can't wait to check out the numbers in telephone booths and tissue papers...j/k...hehe. =p

15. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Actually, the awesome amounts of money is going to go into one thing. FOOD !!!! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif Man, Japan itself is literally a cuisine country on its own.... Just thinking of the shelves of instant noodles alone makes me wanna drool.... Not to mention that its also THE Vending Machine country. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Alan, I'm most likely making the trip to Tokyo on July 18-23 with some family, but it's understood I'm reserving time for gaming, heh heh.

Can you go at these dates?

17. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I dunno but you are going with family right? Like that I need some other company else end up in the arcade by myself. Anyway, I getting more and more lousy in VF4... very xian... I dun have time to play in the weekdays so very rusty.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

LOL, nah, it's pretty much like, "OK we'll have a few lunches/dinners together, other than that let's split up." So we can still invade Japanese arcades together and take turns destroying Chibita and Kyasao, heh heh.

Come on lah let's go!!!!!

19. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

You 2 must trash me FIRST!!!!!! And lots other pple before you can destroy Chibita and Kyasao.......

20. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Wilson, can you go?? You know you want to!!!