1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Going to Melbourne, Australia between 28th June - 7 July, 2002

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Rulakir, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

I'm going to be having a holiday around that region, so I was just wondering if there's any VFers staying around there who might wanna meet up for a coupla games, or if there's any good arcade locations with a VF3 / VF4 machine laying around. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Do post or PM me details if you guys / gals (Hey, a guy can hope you know !! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif ) wanna meet up. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

2. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Hey you are going with your girlfriend? Good luck and have fun man!

3. Rulakir

My gf's gotta work, so she can't go. Going with a bunch of my Primary school mates. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif No parents !!! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif Free reign !!! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif VF4 all day long !!! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oh man, I can't wait !!! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

Enjoy your trip !!! Share with us the VF4 experience at Australia /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Sg-Lion

5. Rulakir

Haven't gotten to meet up with the correspondences that I have established during the time that I've been here. Anyone wanna meet up and play ? The coupla guys I played didn't really seem to be really serious in the game, so I'm not certain if they're the constant players who play there. So erm... whoever was supposed to meet up with me, do PM please. Thanks.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Rulakir, have you tried getting in touch with SummErs or {DoomBoy}? Just send them a PM if you already haven't been in touch with them.

p.s. you should have come to Sydney instead /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Rulakir's experienced 4 seasons in a day!

ah yes...the smoke has cleared and all that is left are fuzzy memories of what took place 2hrs ago.
    (In an ideal world, I should be asleep...but when babs calls and demands to talk...she wins..thank god my multi task skills very the damn sat)

Fuzzy

I woke up at 4.30 am to go to work..then worked till 3pm. Meanwhile, us three took turns to try to contact our new friend..who unknown to us..was either skiing or having snowfights with his friends...Anyway, i got home...argh! Doomboy was already knocking on my door before i even had time to change into my casual!

ten mins later...argh! ealsen knocked on my door too!
    No rest!

So in my wasted state...i sat and watch them play and took a shower....then Doomboy declared his hunger and we went downstairs for some quick chinese....(well he glomp down the food...I sure as hell took my own sweet time..too tired to even eat...)

Meanwhile...ealsen decided to shamelessly indulge on his one true love...milk tea. This guy can finish his milk tea in less than 30 secs...truly a scary person in my book.

After dinner..we decided to call Rulakir one last time..if his phone is still off..we'll call it a day n head home.

<font color="red"> LUCKY </font color>

Tata, Rulakir answered and decided to skip dinner and came with us (Folks, this is a sign of a true VF player) Either that or he had dinner the garfield way /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyway...we didn't have to wait too long...Rulakir stayed only like 10 mins away from me...

So when he arrived...I had expected the other two MEl VFers to jump into the seat and started playing with our guest...strangely enuff, they opted to "wait" (otherwise more commonly known as 'watch opponent's habits->go in for the kill" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif)

Well too bad for them...in my wasted state...Rulakir didn't break a sweat ( Author's note : never play VF after a 10 hr shift, esp when it is hard labor...it is bad for ur brain)

However...during the course of the 'rape'...I was quite entertained by the flow charts he used..quite pleasing to see someone using a VF4 character in a VF3 style.

Well..the gathering took a serious turn when I decided to stop yawning while playing...offer someone else a chance to play..and headed to my own corner to continue yawning....

I'm not gonna comment what took place in those matches (Because I dun remember lah...pai seh loh)
    I'm sure the other three players can type what they feel ..yada yada yada yada yada.

Everyone took turns with streaks....so, there wasn't a dominant player....

<font color="yellow"> Personal thoughts </font color>

Realistically, I dunno what the other players were thinking. Were they playing serious? or just a friendly gathering...I was too tired to notice. I personally disliked the idea of inviting someone to my place just so I can try my best to 'dominate' a person I considered as a guest and a new found friend (hey, if I let u enter my house, u're a friend..not many ppl get that chance!) I'm pretty sure my friends had the same thoughts too.

So as far as I'm concerned, I won't be bragging abt the skills levels or all those " I OWN U" thoughts that I see in another gathering thread. More importantly, the main thing that is on my mind is hoping that Rulakir enjoyed himself...after all, nothing is more important than ensuring the guest had a good time.

All I know is there were times when both me n Rulakir mucked up...forgot combos and we just broke up laughing.

Ealsen also commented he liked watching me low K cancel with Akira....uhmmm, actually I was doing it all wrong tonight...quite funny to watch hehe.

EX: Akira low K cancel let's go shinz step!!!! (that's what my brain wanted to do. and trust me, when done correctly looks good and damn useful! just like Lau's low k cancel into jitsoutai! )
    Truth : Akira low K cancel->Akira remained crouching...eats chowan..floats...ealsen starts getting drunk with Joy /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

ex: Rulakir's side kick ->back stagger->elbow...." ARGH I FORGOT"
    Us two started screaming and went ROFL...of course...Rulakir continued to elbow palm me while I was still buzy laughing..not that I mind it at all...myke knows what I am like at gatherings. ( believe me, I was very well behaved todae, I was too tired)

ex: while sitting on the sidelines..Rulakir suddenly went ' oh yah! I forgot abt Lau's anti evading move!!!!
    Ealsen starts sweating cause he loves evading /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Honestly...I do not remember much abt the gameplay...just those funny moments that stand out ( well, they were funny to me)

The one thing I will say though is...

I quite like Rulakir's style of play for all the charaters he chose to use...well except for..."Argh, I cannot play her like Alan~~~~" Vanessa /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I look forward to playing the rest of u SG peeps when uhmmm...well..if I get sacked(chey touchwood!)..no choice must go home liao /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oh well..there's always xmas holidays.

Oh btw, He's bringing home a gift for u guys from me.
    trust me..it is good.

So when u see him...remember to DEMAND it from him. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

laters all....

8. Rulakir

Don't worry man, I had fun. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif But before I begin.... I gotta know....
    what's dinner the garfield way ??? /versus/images/icons/confused.gif I apologize for not being able to answer calls and all, but one can't really get a signal for Optus way up there in the mountains. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Might even be able to join you guys again this evening. No promises, since I have no idea what the party that I'm with are really planning right now...

Anyway, I had fun. I liked DoomBoy's Pai very very much. Fast, furious, complete with Reversals and Inashis. Ealsen's Shun gave me lots of problems with his evade slap thingy... (No idea what's that called....) but I felt that during the few times I have played him, he has actually improved during the brief period. Of course, the fun part was that there were stuff that we wanted to do, but did it wrong, and something else appeared. Lotsa weird things... /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Man, we should have tried VF3 for the heck of it... would have been fun too if we had more time. But then again, we probably forgot most of the stuff for that game by now.... /versus/images/icons/grin.gif One thing I do gotta beg off is the smoky atmosphere. When I left, my friends thought that I went to some sleezy pub or something instead of playing games. *rolls eyes*

As for the erm... "black box" you passed me, first, I gotta find someone who can encode it into a digital format back home. Else, its gonna be a hassle to duplicate it, but I think Genie has the facilities. Gotta check.

<font color="orange">Thoughts</font color>

I am quite delighted by the level of gameplay here in Melbourne. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif Considering that the pool of players is much smaller than Singapore, the players are already on an equal footing to those back in Singapore in terms of ability. The thing is, we're all too darn lazy to do the required stick movements. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Arcade location wise, to sum it up, the sticks pretty much suck. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif (No offense to anyone) Though the interesting bit was that some arcades actually allowed smoking in the premises. What gives ?

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    but I think Genie has the facilities

[/ QUOTE ]

just pass it over to Doc Genie lol!

what's dinner the garfield way ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Open mouth...shove food in...glomp /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Sorry abt the smoky environvent..u can blame Jeff for that...foolish chain smoker ( U READING THIS MYKE...I GOT DEFEATED IN THE SMOKING DEPARTMENT)

the sticks pretty much suck

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonan quote my Japanese friend on this : " this is Melbourne". Now u know why I REFUSE to go to the arcades.

Smoking in arcades is a norm here...thanks to the chinese bosses....I smoke and yet I hate smoky arcades aye!

I tell u...todae I worked on 120 extinguishers...tired man...
    still..I hope we can play tonight..just muck around.

Anyway, I had fun. I liked DoomBoy's Pai very very much. Fast, furious, complete with Reversals and Inashis. Ealsen's Shun gave me lots of problems with his evade slap thingy... (No idea what's that called....) but I felt that during the few times I have played him, he has actually improved during the brief period. Of course, the fun part was that there were stuff that we wanted to do, but did it wrong, and something else appeared. Lotsa weird things...

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...that is quite true indeed. Hitting Ealsen with DLC as a round opener was just funny to watch...

" he hu ha WAAAAH WTF" lol

10. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

but I think Genie has the facilities. Gotta check.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. Email me and I will get it from you. My institute has approved the 5-day work week! Yay! So Saturdays are free-er.

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ah doc..
    problem has been solved ^_^