1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

good float move for Aoi

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by gribbly, Feb 20, 2002.

1. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

Am I missing a good float move for Aoi? She's got:

d/f+P -- you can get PPPK after this, or f+K,P,f+k, or whatever. But it's difficult to get the requisite MC, and it's pretty slow. Let's just say it's no shrm.

f+K -- this sometimes floats, *if* you're lucky. But it also comes out really slow.

and then there's... nothing else! Or at least nothing else I can think of. Anyone got ideas? Seems like she's more designed for crumple combos rather than floats... which is fine, I just don't want to be missing out on something =]

cam.

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Let's just say it's no shrm.

<cough> /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

That's it... as you said, she's more of a crumple down combo machine... keep using the double stop.

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

If it was I think only the cpu would do such combos constantly./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

4. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

You missed f,f+P+K which will float on MC. Occasionally I've been able to tag PPPK on the lighter characters.

cheers,
    kbcat -- note: not really a floater, but b+K+G can lead to OTB combos if it MCs

5. THE MYTH

THE MYTH Member

Saw this up at rocky's in Orlando and thought it was cool.

Aoi: b,df+P (Krumble), d+P+G or
    b,df+P (Krumble), d+P, f+K, f+K,K

Have fun as ground combos rule!! haha

6. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

If I'm not wrong, her f+P, (delay) P, upon MC floats high enough for light weights to tag on say the PPPK canned combos.

Then again, I might be wrong..

7. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Active Member

The Double Stop... A lot of times when I try to use it I got the d/f+P instead /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

After the DS, I usually do low-throw or f+K,K, f+K, and ground throw. What's other options?

8. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

Actually last night I got an interesting combo by accident.

b,f+P+K (the slow double palm) MC, b,d/f+P, d/f+P+G

After DS you can do b/d+P (slow downward slash). This is about the only time this is useful IMO. I think the recovery is too long to get f,f+K afterwards. You can still get a ground throw though. You're better off doing f,f+K,K really, it's just nice to mix it up a little. I've never tried it, but maybe you could get another DS?

grib.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I think you're wrong.
    Unless this is a new feature of VF4, the second hit just stuns.
    Aoi's not built for float combos, d/f+P is as good as it gets. Her crumples and whatnot are pretty strong though. I wish she had something that easily caused leg flop animation (like lau's b,f+P or u/f+P). Then PPPK or PPPsweep would be an easy followup.

10. GalzPanic

GalzPanic Member

Crumple is right . . .some other crumple moves are b,f+P+K and f+K+G, P (the punch crumples). I try to mix it up because after a while they start blocking the crotch press.

After the f+KK I wait split second to see if they T roll, if so then sweep.

Hope that helped.

11. Grrrrr03

Grrrrr03 Member

hey b,b+p+k works pretty well, it stomach crumples and you can get the pppk out of it or ppp,d+k

12. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Correction, it actually it's a head KD, not stomach KD, so you can't low throw off it, but yeah, PPPK is probably the best followup, or perhaps f+PK, P(G), f+KK.

13. Grrrrr03

Grrrrr03 Member

Thx for the correction =]

14. ShunAoi

ShunAoi Member

what is the Doublestop and some of these other abbreviations?? what does f+k do it never seems to really do anythin for me

15. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

what is the Doublestop and some of these other abbreviations??

Aoi's Double stop is performed by [4] [3]+[P]. It's mostly uncounterable, but Aoi can be thrown if it's blocked. A good way to set it up is by g-cancelling a move, usually [6]+[P], [P]([G]), and then executing the Double stop. If it interrupts the opponent's action (major counter), the opponent will bend over grabbing his/her stomach (stomach crumple, I think). A good followup would be [6_]+[K], [K].

I don't know what other abbreviations you're referring to, but I'm guessing that you mean:

OTB- on the bounce
    MC- major counter
    KD- Kuzure down

what does f+k do it never seems to really do anythin for me

Aoi's [6]+[K] floats the opponent if it hits as a major counter. I believe that was mentioned before somewhere in this post. If [6]+[K] is a normal hit, try following the knee with a sabaki ([6], [4]+[P] or [4]+[P]). This flowchart is in the training mode. You can also use [6]+[K] to hit the opponent OTB /versus/images/icons/wink.gif . For example, after [4], [3]+[P]-> [6_]+[K], [K], if the opponent does not TR (tech roll) or QR (quick rise), Aoi can connect with the knee.

16. ShunAoi

ShunAoi Member

i keep hearing reference to flow charts too where can i find those? is there on in training mode in the game? is kuzure down the same as a crumple? and what exactly are guard cancels? do they just stop combos unexpectedly? thanks for the help

17. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

i keep hearing reference to flow charts too where can i find those? is there on in training mode in the game?

Yes. Go to Trial mode, select Aoi, and scroll down to the option just before the last one.

is kuzure down the same as a crumple?

As far as I know.

and what exactly are guard cancels?

It's done by tapping guard before the attack has finished executing. For example, [6]+[P], [P] can be g-cancelled by tapping [G] during the execution frames of the last elbow or [P]. As a result, Aoi will execute the first elbow, and spin forward like she does when executing the second elbow, without actually hitting with the elbow. They're used to confuse the opponent, and keep them off balance, which sort of plays to Aoi's strengths IMO.

Go through the VF4 trial and training modes. It explains all of this better than I just tried to /versus/images/icons/confused.gif. And there's a movelist, so you'll see which moves can be g-cancelled for yourself, and try them out for yourself.