1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Got myself an Eightarc Fusion Stick...

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by DomAug, Jul 21, 2012.

1. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    So my eightarc stick arrived in the mail today. it is so cool looking and feels great on my lap. it doesnt slide around because of its felt bottom. it comes dual-modded out of the box. it has a sleek mirror finish on the top panel. it is overall an amazing stick [​IMG]

my issue with it so far is movement and button combinations which will improve over time anywa. my real question is how do you guys go about adjusting your muscle memory to adapt to using a fight stick?

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

It's an amazing stick! Enjoy!

3. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Just practice. It will take a while but eventually you'll be better on stick than you ever could've been on pad (my opinion). They used to say learn Akira, because he has the hardest inputs. I'm not sure if that's the case now.

4. MegaMaN85

MegaMaN85 Well-Known Member

It gets to a point where once you've played enough hours on a stick, you can't go back to a pad.

WARNING! To start off with, you will lose a crap ton of games as you're trying to adjust to the fightstick's play style. Play games or characters that doesn't require alot of input to start off with, get used to the feel of playing on a stick and before you know it, it will just come natural to you.

but that's just my opinion! [​IMG]

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    When I switched from pad to stick, it taked me about 3 months to get at my pre-stick level od controll; and another 3 months to get significantly better. I am slow lerner tough.
    Just one advice - before you will learn how to play with stick and get 110 % comfortable with it, do NOT use pad for fighting games! It increases the stick learning curve significantly.
    I am playing both pad and stick without any reall issues.
    I am playing stick as my main controller, but as the buttons are loud, I switch to pad every evening once my whife goes to sleep.
    Pad <<< stick in terms of quality of direction controll (270° throws are SO slow! [​IMG] ), but othervise, no problems found [​IMG]