1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Got or plan to buy a 4K TV? 1FK has advice for you right here:

Discussion in 'General' started by Shang, Apr 11, 2016.

1. RawrCookie

RawrCookie Well-Known Member

i didn't recommend LED over OLED , all technologies have advantages and disadvantages and when i said OLED have issues i meant LG Oled ones , first LG OLED tvs had a Major uniformity issue , i talked about the FIRST LG OLED because they are cheaper now and most people who want OLED get them because they are available.

4K gaming again i meant PC , 4K ( I was just wondering what PS4K is )

back time people talked about resolution difference by pixels to tvs inch ,
    like i remember 720p picture in 1080p 40" inch don't have difference than 1080p, its also depends on your living room , so now people are doing it again with 4k vs 1080p.

Oh yeah OLED infinite contrast , deep black perfect Gamma and Delta E really fast pixel response 0.01ms to produce fast videos without blur!!!!! but people are waiting for Samsung and Sony OLED ones.

-_-

MarlyJay likes this.
  2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Shang is right on point about OLEDs: They are the truth. 4K TV sets will be on life support in a hurry once OLEDs are sold at a competitive price point with a good amount of content.

From what I understand, many are waiting for Samsung and Sony to throw their OLED hats into the ring mostly because LG TVs are notorious for having annoying to severe input display lag, which is no good for doing fast-twitch gaming on. On the contrary, Samsung and Sony both have an established track record of providing some of their TV models with decent to greatly minimized input display lag.

Personally, I am hoping Panasonic will decide to enter into the OLED TV competition with their Vizio brand in the near future.

Kruza

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

That monitor is 5000$...

4. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Why's everyone so much into Sony? Sony TV sucks.. They've been sucking for the past 10+ years. Sony flat panel TVs all sucked. Samsung pretty much rapes Sony in the display department.
    Seriously, real advice: If you people got $2000 to drop on a 4k TV, do yourself a favor, get a LG OLED. It's an eye opening experience. I will never go back to LED again.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Many inappropriate posts have been removed from this thread. Please stay on topic, and try your best to remain civil even when you disagree with someone.

RawrCookie and Chief_Flash like this.
  6. RawrCookie

RawrCookie Well-Known Member

Lag is different from every TV unit or model , LG don't notorious for having annoying to severe input display lag like i said it's different from one to another.

Sony is not suck but their prices made people can't buy them.

Oh kurza i think you have mistaken and Mixed two companies hehe XD , PANASONIC is japanese company and VIZIO is American company not a brand by PANA :3

by now Vizio led tvs are the fastest in response under game mode , the Vizio D Series 4k 2016 is 13.5 ms input lag under game mode! outside game mode the lag will be 80.1 ms!

After Vizio Samsung comes for Input lag respond , it's all different from model to model like LG LF5500 LED 28.4 ms are faster respond than Samsung J5200 LED 29.2 ms , LG LF5500 are the lowest input on LG TVS for now , Samsung JU7500 is
    the lowest input lag from Samsung "21.1 ms" .

The OLED LG EC9300 is 40.7 ms , all those numbers again just under game mode , outside game mode the input lag for TVS are between 70~150. the high-end tvs like JS9500 by Samsung are the highest input lag due the heavy processing for picture "154.6 ms" , like tvs are not just panels and backlight there are processing for the picture game mode turn off most of them so that why there are low input lag but affect the picture of course.

Chief_Flash and Kruza like this.
  7. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Ooops, you're right. I got Vizio mixed up with Panasonic's Viera brand. Good catch. :)

Kruza

8. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

If you compare Sony flat panel vs. Sony tube tv, they plainly suck hard. Sony tubes were basically what Samsung is today. Sony dropped the balls on so many levels in their electronic business in the last 15 years, it's funny they are still in business.

To address your input lag concerns on TVs;

#1, I don't notice input lag on TVs. I think it's a overblown topic, and it's just another excuse for people who suck at the game. I've been playing games for a long time: on tube, on flat panel, on projectors. The only time I've notice lag, which affected my gaming is when a display processes the picture to an external unit. For example this one time AndyNYC ran the signal to a PC recording device during NYG live playing... Zzz. All other time as long as I set the set to 1:1 output / gaming mode. I'm fine. Frankly, the only time people bitch about lag is when they lose. Human reaction has its limits: input lag is a marketing plot, just like 4K (for the most part).

#2, due to #1, I do not believe in giving up
    Picture quality for less input lag. The quality of an IPS display at 10ms lag is much more important than a 2ms TN panel. It's a fact he fastest human cannot recognize lags under 30ms. Lag is in the mind of the loser. TN panel is a disgrace, it's only there cuz of low cost. The selling point of 2 to 10ms is a joke.

Combine #1 and #2, which I believe invalidates the buy TV on lag argument. People buy TV to watch TV, mostly of the time you are watching TV on it, which is an non-interactive activity, which means it could be a 1min lag, and it doesn't matter. Keep in mind most games lag doesn't even matter, If you are playing someone online with like mad lag from xbl / psn, you think the 30ms lag from your TV is your main concern? Pls.
    There are games and conditions you would definitely want minimal lag from all sources, that would be like on a competitive gaming scene.. Like Pro gaming stuff. But they ain't running on that on TVs. Which brings me to the point, 4K isn't useless.. projectors is where 4K shine, and large format displays, where the screen is large enough for people's eye to see the pixels. But would I want to give up the benefits of OLED and go LCD cuz of lag... Joke.

And yea Vizio is an Ameican company, most people assume it's Taiwanese cuz the market its in. Honestly I wouldn't hang a Vizio in my livingroom, cuz people would think I'm poor and shit. Actually the founder of Vizio is from Taiwan.

Chief_Flash and Kruza like this.
  9. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Speaking of lag who wants to talk about input lag from controllers / sticks? How about them 2$ USB hub on them xbox360s at NYGX? @VFhayato? @cruzlink2? You fucked it up. That's why NWo lost to Mods... Losers!

VFhayato, Chief_Flash and cruzlink2 like this.
  10. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mister and Myke like this.
  11. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

I have noticed input lag on a few occasions in the past enough for me to think about it if buying a new TV or monitor for games although I don't fully understand how it works.

The worst was in a KOF94 tournament a few years back. That was as bad as internet lag. Another time I remember was back when I was still playing on a CRT TV at home and noticed it when playing KOF02UM at a friend's on a HD TV. He switched the TV to a CRT and no more problem. He was much better at the game than me but never noticed it at the time I assume because he'd become accustomed to it although the lag was slight.

Tricky likes this.
  12. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Chief_Flash likes this.
  13. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

You better hurry the fuck up on the feeding chair... Hi Sir?