1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Great clip...

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by CreeD, Mar 24, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

It's Wolf Awareness Month.
    Daioh has five consecutive clips of BunBunMaru, who manages to snag a mini-emp title in the most recent one. Daioh's just squirting out movies at an alarming rate lately.

Better than the daioh clips though is one I found on the Amusement Act page, feature a wolf who is... statwise... better than BunBun. The wolf/wolf match is close, and loaded with tricks, throw escapes, and brains... it also has the most entertaining post-victory sequence I've seen /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif ..

url for this flick is ftp://vf.dyndns.org/llanfair_pai_exhibition...
    It's just some anti-CPU fooling around, but shows some very useful flowcharts and combos stemming from Pai's inashi reversals.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up...did you guys notice how Wolf took damage for his Capture reversal? But not against all kicks though.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

That reminds me, did anyone ever test what would happen when wolf tried a capture with 1pt of life left?

In some alternate universe where all VF players are godlike, there's a an entry in the jargon faq for "intentionally throwing out a high kick against a wolf with one point of life left knowing that he will reverse it and die."

Anyway, my guess is he's left standing.

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i've seen it in vf3. it's really funny - wolf catches the kick, loses his last hit points and the round, and the announcers screams "K.O.!"...and wolf continues with the animation, and gets up. basically at the end you have both players standing on their feet and while the screen is saying "K.O.".

dunno if it's changed for vf4.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hey Creed, can't seem to access your ftp, says either not found or it is down.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

In the 37 years my FTP has been up, and out of the 1,489 posts I've made about why it occasionally is down... can you formulate any theories as to what might be happening?

Sorry to be a bitch, but jeez...

7. plan17

plan17 Active Member

In the 37 years you've been a bitch, and out of the 1,489 posts you've made bitching about something... can you formulate any theories as to what might be happening?

Sorry, it really had to be said... leaving forever now. lolz.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Permanent Menstrual Syndrome? Laff.

9. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

I like to know u use what program to host your ftp site?

10. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

I do not have the codec for Llanfair_Pai_exhibition.avi /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The codec is divx 5... go to www.divx.com then the download section, look for divx5 codec...
    If you get the 'package' which has The Playa and some other stuff, be sure to avoid the free one that comes with adware. Get the free, no-spam one. It's good enough.

As for the program I use, FTP SERV-U. I couldn't recommend it more strongly. It's easy to set up and use, and other programs seem to have trouble with bulletproof FTP's passive mode and sometimes give users of that program errors.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rhinosoft.com>www.rhinosoft.com</a>.

12. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

CreeD, what's up? Look, I don't know much of anything about the VF4 community, but I would like to ask you for some help finding vids and probably some info on top players from here in the States, Japan, and Korea.

My AIM Handle is <font color=red>Rowdy4Realz</font color=red>.

-RIZ/versus/images/icons/cool.gif

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

click on media

14. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

I have, but only one where I can get any vids is Daioh.com, the CreeD's ftp server site has never really worked for me. I know it does sometimes but just hasn't for me. The Korean site, I just end up stuck in that first flash opening thing.

-RIZ

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

what abt feixaq's site?

another one u can try is
    www.thenomercy.wo.to

Quite a fun n nicely design site

click on teambattle n 'stuff' to DL the movies

16. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

The Korean site, I just end up stuck in that first flash opening thing.

Click on the site's icon under the media link, and not on the link itself. If you click on that 'image' of TBzone, you will be taken to the DL section directly.

17. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Thanks, actually I did that before coming here. When I started d/l'ing vids I remembered my post here and read your reply, thanks for that again though.

What I really was asking though, is for a "check into the vf4 word." I.E. who's considered the best players in the USA, Japan, and Korean and so and so...

What battle teams are to be feared? Before coming here I was strictly a Tekken competitor, but after doing that for so long, I found that the new class of players, in the Tekken 4 area, aren't as enjoyable when you sit for tournaments. They seem less enlightening than back when I was 10 and playing tekken 2, when I was older playing tekken 3, and during the ttt days. I'm still very much active in the tekken community, but I wanted to pick this up since I figured if I ever wanna move on, I'll have my options open. VF4 stuck out like a sore thumb.

It's is undeniably a fantastic fighter, although I thought vf3 was a bit off with the dodge button which was unappealing, but with vf4, it's a new ball game to most and I have some what an edge if I do say so myself.

I can easily say I'm one of the better players in my area which stems pretty damn long and mean to prove that at a big tournament called McDade Mayhem 3, where there will be, hopefully, a VF4 tournament as I was told by the heads running it.

I was at the first McDade Mayhem for tekken tag and placed 2nd only to my older brother and at MacDade Mayhem 2, I couldn't make a re-appearance do to other schedueled events, but my brother placed 3rd which tells me I could have placed higher than him since he himself told me that I would have taken it if I could have stayed. But that's other nonesense bullshit that you guys really don't give a hell about.. ^_^

-RIZ

18. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Click on the "events" link above to learn about the best US, Canadian, and Singapore players, at least for VF2 and VF3. VF4 is too new IMO to call anyone a master yet in North America, but you'll see many of the same names still active on the forums.

We hear about great Japanese players all the time and see plenty of movies from them... Chibita, Kyasao, and Segirl are mentioned the most.

The Koreans are not very vocal hear, but there's an occasional update from guys like Hyun who can read their forums. ShinZ is Akira Kid, who's name you'll see pop up a lot in the older posts. He's regarded by many as the best in the world, but he doesn't compete in Japan regularly, so there's plenty of debate about it.

19. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Ahh, thanks again. One thing I find weird is the absence of Korean influence to this game. In Tekken, Korea was the best, period. They influenced gameplay styles to the extent that we had reached a new plateau, as it were, States side.

But I have made gameplay style distinctions between the Japanese players and the Korean for vf4. The Japanese are a lot more defensive and use multiple set-ups. Koreans are on the other hand, very offensive in my opinion, but have pretty fast reflexes.

None the less, thanks again for the info. I did see the Chibita matches that are found in the vf4 disc for the PS2 console version and man.. "too good." are the only words that come to mind. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Are there any vids of his play out there?

-RIZ/versus/images/icons/cool.gif

20. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member