1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Green sidebar on the front is really ugly

Discussion in 'General' started by Zero-chan, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Please change it to a color that's less offending to the eye. Another shade of blue would probably be good.
    That's all I need to say

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    What green sidebar?

You know, you could have provided some more helpful information apart from "it's green, don't like it, fix it". The same shades of blue are used throughout the entire site, so I don't know where you're getting green from. I check everything on an 800x600 display with 256 colours just to make sure things are legible and not an eyesore. If you're running a configuration lower than this, then I can't help you.

And THANKYOU for starting a whole new thread rather than replying to the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://virtuafighter.com/cgi-bin/versus/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=tecmo&Number=15224&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=>VFDC Update Status</A> thread. That's just what I needed.

3. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

It's on the left side of the screen, under the main title bar, where all the character names etc. are listed. At the time I was writing this, the other topic for feedback hadn't gone up, and I just saw it after the message got posted. D'oh! Sorry about that. ><;

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You still haven't told me what configuration you're working in. I have a feeling that your problem might be browser related. I only have access to IE5.5 and Netscape 6.0 and as far as I know, it looks alright. You need to help me before I can help you.

5. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

there's no green bar for me (Win2K, IE6, 1600x1200x32).

grib.

6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Now I know why..

Well, kinda.

This <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zametex.pl/glc/sidebar.jpg>screenshot</A> is probably what you're seeing, and is attributed to Netscape 4.x's inability to handle stylesheets the way the later browsers do. GLC has offered to help me with the problem.

Hopefully, between him and myself, we'll come up for a fix soon so that VFDC is Netscape 4.x friendly.

7. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    Myke I viewed the site earlier today on IE and said to myself, "Damn, that looks REALLY good." Then I came home tonight and booted up Netscape Communicator 4.76 and there was that ugly-ass green sidebar that zero was talking about...the character names are in blue too. It's really weird.

Damn freaks with our Netscape Communicator :)

8. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Who cares.. The board looks fine!