1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings (salutations, etc.)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Sep 10, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello there. It's been quite a while since I've played, read, or even thought (well, maybe not _thought_) anything VF3. On a whim, I decided to see if any dedicated players had yet snatched up the web address. Lo and behold...

Anyway, hello to all in the community; particularly those that I know (*cough cough*...MN people), but haven't seen in, oh, forever. My appologies for two years of annoying the world with my Aoi ;)

Seeing as how the arcade in Ridgedale's closed, and MOA doesn't have it, where on earth do you people play nowadays? Not like I'd be able to hop on down there any time soon anyway...but if anybody's in MA in the near future, feel free to pop on down to Brandeis to say hi ;)

Bryan "The Real McAoi" (hee hee) Ketroser

2. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Oh...my....speaking of unexpected.

If you do remember, this is Shota whom you slaughtered back in the MN tournament. Believe it or not, we still do play the same old game...VF3 (now TB). In fact, I just saw guys from Minnesota in recent months, once for SF tournament in Chicago and at VF gathering in New York.

I still have a lots of respect for you, as you were pretty much the only US player who could match the competitiveness/cheapness of players in Japan. So I hope you will keep on playing the VF series in the future...there are also people in MA who play the game (Oh...I can see Rich screaming...).

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

happy happy happy love love love
    i wuvvv woooo aallllll<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Mr. Bungle on 9/11/00 00:58 AM.</FONT></P>

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Just had to throw "cheapness" in there, eh? Ah well.

Yes, of course I remember you. Not only were you in MN, you were also in Japan at the same time (oh, the six weeks of Akihabara mayhem). Sadly, I haven't played since Ridgedale closed down...what little time I have (I spend virtually every ounce of free time with my girlfriend) is generally spent playing Tribes (where I go by the name *gasp* "Aoi"!). VF3TB...finally made it to the country. Who says we don't get the good stuff?

Hey, weren't you going to Northwestern? Graduated, I take it? Where's life headed now?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmm...Rick? :)

Sorry about that dropping off the face of the earth and all. You can't tell me I was sorely missed though, can ya? ;)

As soon as I got here, I realized that VF3 was going to be put on the back burner for a while...and when I got back for winter break and found that the Ridgedale arcade was gone...well, that was the end of that. I haven't played in almost two years now, but if you happen to know of anywhere around here (ie. Brandeis...Waltham), I'd be game. I can't promise a wonderful challenge, but I believe I remember the basics (tap, run away, tap, reverse, tap...or something).

"A chem bla hmm?" Sorry; English or Japanese :)

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

bryan, my email is opus@world.std.com if you'd like to try and meet up for some vf3. actually i'm not sure if there's any vf3 machines left in MA except for the one at umass. although there may be one left in newton or somerville.
    i've actually got a working arcade tb (and vf1 and 2 and 3ob) right here in my space but..well...if you saw the setup you would understand why i haven't yet tried to organize some big gathering or something. so finding an arcade vf3 or dc tb would be best.

re: sig... i'm not telling.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"